Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Some things from the 18.6.2 patchnotes

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Could you elaborate on the changes in Tir?

I noticed some NPCs are now patrolling?
    I cannot wait to play hide and seek with the sentinel commanders.

What is the change of items going YESDROP? You have to drop them on GMS instead of selling the lootright. This may make the item cheaper but at the same time, time is money and this save time doing the instances themselves.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Now I'm thinking of all the nodrop items that I deleted that might become yesdrop.

Funcom employee

Could you elaborate on the changes in Tir?

I noticed some NPCs are now patrolling?
    It's nothing as drastic as what happened to Old Athen years ago. I just removed the invisible walls and knocked down a number of the random connecting wall segments that made Tir a little too labyrinthine, despite that being part of its charm.

As for the patrol paths, when I was playing with the XP/spawn times in dungeons, I threw in patrol paths. In many locations, Tir being one of them, patrol paths already existed, they just weren't correctly hooked up to the associated NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Aww. Still no reduced equip timer on the rest of the Yalmaha line.
    Sorry about that - I'll make sure that is a part of the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Any idea what the newest batch of yesdrop items is?
    Not too many items this pass-through, only the Ring of Computing and Eye of the Evening Star, as I recall.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Would be neat to see Barrow Strength, Rockcrusher Gauntlets, Withered Flesh, Touch of the Gripper and Ring of Eternal Night lose it's nodrops tags. This would allow people who has outleveled the dungeon to still get items that might have been missed.

Suppose most of the other totw items could lose it as well, this would save quite a bit of frustration for people that has outleveled the items that has almost no other equal parts.

While the IS items exists the requirements to use them are completely different. So yeah, yesdrop plx!
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

You know the mail Icon is still turned off right?
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Would be neat to see Barrow Strength, Rockcrusher Gauntlets, Withered Flesh, Touch of the Gripper and Ring of Eternal Night lose it's nodrops tags. This would allow people who has outleveled the dungeon to still get items that might have been missed.

Suppose most of the other totw items could lose it as well, this would save quite a bit of frustration for people that has outleveled the items that has almost no other equal parts.

While the IS items exists the requirements to use them are completely different. So yeah, yesdrop plx!
    That would be nice, but then people would just easily level past that place and not bother with it.
    You missed a few items in that list, but I assume you meant most (if not all) nodrop items from totw.

Should make the non-quest items from Foremans tradeable too. Even though we can obtain them outside, it requires us to destroy heavily OP'd mobs to do it. So making them tradeable would no longer have to deal with them as much.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    That would be nice, but then people would just easily level past that place and not bother with it.
    You missed a few items in that list, but I assume you meant most (if not all) nodrop items from totw.

Should make the non-quest items from Foremans tradeable too. Even though we can obtain them outside, it requires us to destroy heavily OP'd mobs to do it. So making them tradeable would no longer have to deal with them as much.
    I really don't agree with this too much, It would diminish the dungeons and the work being done to make them more appealing right now with boosting XP etc for them, I don't think we should aim for a full on yesdrop situation. Some restrictions has to be around and level locked content should be kept level locked in my opinion to get people to do the content in game instead of standing at a market terminal and buy everything.

i heard pande got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Sorry about that - I'll make sure that is a part of the next update.
    Making my Stiletto viable as everyday transport again, would seriously make my day, my year even AO wise.

Thats really great news.

Sounds likely being able to put more things on GMI will make for some interesting changes. I can only agree to these changes. They should definitely make more things from SL, where loads of things are nodrop, yesdrop. There's a ton of things that are cool to just pick up and use for leveling chars with new players or players without millions of millions to spend on uber twinkgear to pick up and use. No count of the times when I've run around with friends and such in the past where it was an issue that you couldn't trade some trivial item from a drop to your friend who's at garden or what not.

Nodrop, is fine on uber raid mob loot. But on regular things, that aren't from stuff like that, it really shouldn't be like that. Free the market!
    Catacombs loot is a biig part of that, glad to see confimation that rings are all going to be yesdrop, now make the weapons and such yesdrop as well. (and update the weapons to be viable leveling weaps, too, those skins are way too cool looking to go to waste on such horrible stats!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Farlath View Post
    Catacombs loot is a biig part of that, glad to see confimation that rings are all going to be yesdrop, now make the weapons and such yesdrop as well. (and update the weapons to be viable leveling weaps, too, those skins are way too cool looking to go to waste on such horrible stats!)
    Bump for this.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

+1 on Cata loot being relieved of its nodrop tags. Computing/evening star rings are an excellent first part.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    What is the change of items going YESDROP? You have to drop them on GMS instead of selling the lootright.
    Well, instances could close the door after some time. Would be more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    I really don't agree with this too much, It would diminish the dungeons and the work being done to make them more appealing right now with boosting XP etc for them, I don't think we should aim for a full on yesdrop situation. Some restrictions has to be around and level locked content should be kept level locked in my opinion to get people to do the content in game instead of standing at a market terminal and buy everything.
    I agree w u, but foremans and totw = very old, with less relevant loot and with less challenge due to the power-buffing over the years. I understand that people 'skip' the content. Not that I support how FC have divided xp'ers and loot-conquesters over the years tho. The result is a perception of lacking teamcontent.

Ideally they make new content (with more consolidated lewt) based on current playertrends.

For example pvm for level 170-200 twinks, revamped foremans etc.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 19th, 2013 at 19:43:01.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

My concern is that removing the nodrop will, if done unwisely, result in even more oversized toons camping for items to sell, thereby squeezing out the appropriate size toons for the experience. This has happened in vertually every instance when the ability to farm and sell became easier. Now at least it has to be done with lootrights which is at least some impediment. Guess we will have to see what is planned, but personally, I fear for the worst. This is most likely going to turn into another opportunity for abuse by a few. If done well, this will be a benefit to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Where does it say they will specify it to one finger ? I'm guessing they will add a list of requirements to wear them other than the unique tag.

I really don't expect them to letting us know every single thing, if you wonder what changes there are prior to live patching i suggest you go to testserver and check things out there. Test server is your advance notice.
    Forgive me for not realizing they could limit wearing the ofab rings by not specifying a finger ...
    Specifying the Right Finger is how FC limits how many ergo rings we can wear to just one ...
    Below is an example Ofab ring from Test-Live. I am not sure why the requirement to not have the ring equipped is listed twice, but I see it can be equipped on either finger.

Kinnik

Band of Bravery
    Quality level: 25
    Price: 253
    Requirements:
    Wear:
    On Self:
    . Must not have Band of Bravery equipped and
    . Must not have Band of Bravery equipped
    and
    . Must have expansionset: Lost Eden and
    . Enforcer and
    . Level from 19 and
    . Strength from 81 and
    . Stamina from 97

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Forgive me for not realizing they could limit wearing the ofab rings by not specifying a finger ...
    Specifying the Right Finger is how FC limits how many ergo rings we can wear to just one ...
    Below is an example Ofab ring from Test-Live. I am not sure why the requirement to not have the ring equipped is listed twice, but I see it can be equipped on either finger.

Kinnik
    Generations of dev teams added different tools to control equipment, there was a time where limiting the possible slots was the way. Now it seems that they can check for a particular item to be equipped

For an extreme example you can look at the cyber armor, there is a male and female version because they could not even change the texture based on the character gender, and I guess that we owe atroxes in swimsuits for that.

I guess that the double line about equipment is because it check both fingers for this item.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Kinnik

Band of Bravery
    Quality level: 25
    Price: 253
    Requirements:
    Wear:
    On Self:
    . Must not have Band of Bravery equipped and
    . Must not have Band of Bravery equipped
    and
    . Must have expansionset: Lost Eden and
    . Enforcer and
    . Level from 19 and
    . Strength from 81 and
    . Stamina from 97

that's how they limit hold hell at bay and not wearing a star with a stellar nanodeck...
    do try to keep up with the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele in 18.6.2.3 notes
    We have tweaked the XP values in the dungeons to encourage team play.
    How is this change different from the previously noted changes to XP in dungeons? Or are these other dungeons?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Must be that you get better xp in team than solo... Or atleast the same as solo, since solo xp has always been better than team xp.
    Testserver not updated yet, so haven't been able to try it out.
    Last edited by Jihnna; Apr 26th, 2013 at 14:08:01.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Funcom employee

How is this change different from the previously noted changes to XP in dungeons? Or are these other dungeons?
    The buffed XP values were lowered, most noticeably in the earlier dungeons; it was previously too easy to get capped XP when killing mobs close or below your level. A few specific mobs other dungeons needed to be adjusted as well.

Everything is will still be giving buffed XP, and the higher-level dungeons are pretty much unchanged. For example, while the Subway won't be giving you capped XP for killing a green Filth Flea, everything should be giving more XP and at a faster rate than killing Chimera outside of the Nasc bridge.

I'll be re-testing this over the weekend to see how close this all feels to being "just right." Or at least, an improvement to the current grind. We'll be patching Testlive today...feel free to see how good/bad things are.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast