Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Bot Drop Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Elithas View Post
    Why would someone program in a variable that would be such a pain to program in? Or do you guys think it is some unintended consequence?

I understand RNG strings giving similar loot on similar days/time periods, but the rest of it, at a glance, just seems like total bull to me.
    Why would one make a Secret Nerf Table either? The old devs did some really really weird stuff.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Why would someone program in a variable that would be such a pain to program in? Or do you guys think it is some unintended consequence?

I understand RNG strings giving similar loot on similar days/time periods, but the rest of it, at a glance, just seems like total bull to me.
    Why was the drop rate not so terrible back when all the servers were active then? You would have expected the same drop in rates back then but you had many score more drops instead.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by smokex View Post
    Why was the drop rate not so terrible back when all the servers were active then? You would have expected the same drop in rates back then but you had many score more drops instead.
    I had my very best streaks in late 2012, and my very worst in the first years of AI.

So I call nonsense brochapski.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Bot drop rate is speculated about pretty much every other patch these days.
    The drop rate has not been modified.

Don't draw conclusions on such small data samples, you can't get accurate statistics like that.
    Also, you're comparing against a figure that the community has "decided" the drop rate is.
    Well, Means DID post that it was 10% and thats what ppl are going of of.

However if that's not changed, and while Im quite sure FC didnt purposefully ninja change anything... SOMETHING IS WRONG. Ive finally given up on even raiding. Our statics in our org havent changed and raids are run regularly. Unlike many here I dont have time to chart it out but Id be surprised if my org sees a 3% drop rate of ANY lead bots.

Just kinda over it all tbh, at least for the moment.

I noticed I get bots more often if I raid the city with my best equipped toon that also has very few credits on it. I don't know if it's relevant or if loot generation is based on gear/rank/AI level of the raider, but I somehow got bots alot more often on that toon. Maybe it was just coincidence?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Likely coincidence. I'm less than 10m from credit cap and I've been getting Strong and Supple bots the last couple days, which is also just coincidence. RNG is RNG.

WTB higher droprate
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Unhappy

TL;DR the entire thing so sorry if this has been said been said before. Someone mentioned in a raid I did recently that the condition of the controller influences the droprate. Funny enough, in the last several raids I did I invited people out to get their daily so I'd have more DD. I got an enduring bot and two supples and in both cases the controller was hovering around 50%+. So that might just be true.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567