Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bot Drop Curious

I've done like 40 raids since I came back to AO with just some arith bots dropping.
    Since i was gonna do a lot of farming, this weekend, for the stuff i need for my lvl 60 twink, I decided to start gathering the data.
    Here it is: raid loot
    Conclusion.....if you want drops start making charts....
    Last edited by Archeopteryx; Apr 8th, 2013 at 09:59:19.

Archeopteryx 220|30|66 Soldier
    Silvermed.....|218|27|58 Doctor
    Silverballs......130|03|xx MP
    Silvermade.....|91|04|xx Trader
    Silverenf.......||60|06|14 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Archeopteryx View Post
    Hasn't helped me
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    True dat.

FC needs to improve city raid drop rates accordingly imo.
    They need to nerf ai armor so it sucks. Let the drama begin..

Quote Originally Posted by Archeopteryx View Post
    I've done like 40 raids since I came back to AO with just some arith bots dropping.
    Since i was gonna do a lot of farming, this weekend, for the stuff i need for my lvl 60 twink, I decided to start gathering the data.
    Here it is: raid loot
    5 in 25, i've only had 1 spiritual in 40ish raids. FML.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

total of 50 raid's now. 2 bott drops.

It is difficult to keep charts in reverse, however, I do have my various versions of AOIA as it was getting caught up with fixes required due to the server merge. I have data as of 3/2/13, 3/9/13, 3/20/13, and as of yesterday 4/12/13. I kept backups of my AOIA database each time I updated it for changes to the AOIA program ... and we keep bots from these farming raids all on one bank toon.

Between 18.6.0 and 18.6.1 our small farming city collected 6 lead bots. That is approx. 10 days of raiding, usually twice a day sometimes 3 raids a day. I say 10 days because we started raiding for ql 75 lead bots and bio-mat a few days before the merge.

Since 18.6.1 to date we have accumulated only 3 more lead bots ...

18.6.1 was released March 7th, so that is only 3 lead bots in more than 5 weeks. We have continued to do at least 2 raids per day usually 3, sometimes 4 per day.

It seems obvious to me that there was a Ninja Loot-table change in 18.6.1 ...

Funcom - Please confess to the change to the loot tables and put them back as they were before ...

Kinnik

Since the merge, I have been attempting to farm some bots for a set of armor for a new toon. In roughly 100 raids have seen precisely 3 bots (and one was silly stupid undersized for the size of the raid). So really only 2 useful bot. Statistically, that does not correlate with a 10% stated drop rate. I have seem some comments on other posts that some are seeing 30% drop rates. Is there a pattern to those higher drop rates? Different city playfields, different city "size" or buildings, does side impact the rate. Lots of questions, but not a whole lot of answers. Mostly looking for more data here.
    Last edited by Deemure; Apr 13th, 2013 at 19:43:29.

I was on a real bad streak prior to merge, so once merge happened, I started tracking all my city raids. Post merge iCity, small plot, raids by 220s (either 2 or 4) and all data from my own raids, so I know it is accurate.

A few things I have noticed -

1) drop rate is higher than it was for me prior to merge (although Spirit/End are most common, other 4 fairly even). Overall rate 13.7%

2) Coon room rate is much lower (35 ships - would expect more than 2 coon rooms) - used to be about 1 in 7/8 raids, would have expected at least 4 (12.5%, 1:8 from prior tracking).

3) Ship rate (w/o coon rooms) is consistent with ground rates - 13.7% vs 12.1%

will post again after the next 50 or so raids - would like some feedback from others on coon rooms. Is my current rate being seen by others or just a bad streak right now.

Code:
    city								
    general    >	coon	ankari	cha	ilari	jaax	rimah	xoch	total
    number     >	-	29	27	30	18	19	30	153
    bots       >	-	3	3	6	1	3	5	21
    occur rate >	-	19.0%	17.6%	19.6%	11.8%	12.4%	19.6%	-
    drop rate  >	-	10.3%	11.1%	20.0%	5.6%	15.8%	16.7%	13.7%

ship								
    admiral    >	coon	ankari	cha	ilari	jaax	rimah	xoch	total
    number     >	2	8	6	7	4	3	5	35
    bots       >	2	1	1	1	1	0	0	6
    occur rate >	5.7%	22.9%	17.1%	20.0%	11.4%	8.6%	14.3%	-
    drop rate  >	100.0%	12.5%	16.7%	14.3%	25.0%	0.0%	0.0%	17.1%

combined								
    all boss   >	coon	ankari	cha	ilari	jaax	rimah	xoch	total
    number     >	2	37	33	37	22	22	35	188
    bots       >	2	4	4	7	2	3	5	27
    drop rate  >	100.0%	10.8%	12.1%	18.9%	9.1%	13.6%	14.3%	14.4%
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Deemure View Post
    Since the merge, I have been attempting to farm some bots for a set of armor for a new toon. In roughly 100 raids have seen precisely 3 bots (and one was silly stupid undersized for the size of the raid). So really only 2 useful bot. Statistically, that does not correlate with a 10% stated drop rate. I have seem some comments on other posts that some are seeing 30% drop rates. Is there a pattern to those higher drop rates? Different city playfields, different city "size" or buildings, does side impact the rate. Lots of questions, but not a whole lot of answers. Mostly looking for more data here.
    I don't know if side or size of the city plot makes a difference ... I suppose it could.

We have been farming with the new small Icity - Neutral ... with one lvl 60 toon present from the city's "owner-guild" for the raids.

Since we started keeping track we have done 15 raids with zero lead-bots dropping ... much less than a 10 or 15% drop rate obviously.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I don't know if side or size of the city plot makes a difference ... I suppose it could.

We have been farming with the new small Icity - Neutral ... with one lvl 60 toon present from the city's "owner-guild" for the raids.

Since we started keeping track we have done 15 raids with zero lead-bots dropping ... much less than a 10 or 15% drop rate obviously.

Kinnik
    I went back through my raid sheet - I've had 10, 11, 14, 16 and 20 streaks with no bots on the ground raids. Two good streaks were 5 in 15 (33%) and 9 in 34 (26%). Both of these streaks started and ended with one of those bad streaks. Please post as you keep going - would be interesting to see more data.

I also cannot believe there is a difference based on faction (that would truly be a kick in the nads). But, I was wondering about city size, team size and level of toons - seems those are things that "could" be factored in by FC. So far, it doesn't seem to matter with 2 or 4 toon ground raids. Can't speak to toon level - all my data is with 220s.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Kinnik
    a wonderful and statistically significant sample. very useful. thank you for this valuable contribution.

Farming ehm.. Raiding on large city plot with small HQ here.

Since you are now using this to track your bot drops, apparently, its really more appropriate here.

Also, mind the snark people. If you have a disagreement, do it politely.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Since you are now using this to track your bot drops, apparently, its really more appropriate here.

Also, mind the snark people. If you have a disagreement, do it politely.
    If we are questioning whether or not Funcom has changed the loot tables for AI Generals with the latest patch and/or the server merge and by doing so we are comparing our experience to see if it is in fact a Ninja change made by Funcom or just bad luck ...

Why does that mean this thread belongs in the Life on Rubika forums???

At least I was questioning whether or not their was a Ninja change in the latest patch ... I was not intending to simply compare results for posterity.

Kinnik

Very true. Given the lack or transparency, or at the risk of offending fc, honesty in what they do or have done this thread was to try to get some data that would either confirm or contradict fc's assertions that a) the average drop rate is 10% (not close based on the posts to date), b) whether it is dependent on other factors such as city size, location, or side, and c) whether the type of bot is consistent to the drop rate (about 16% for each type) which also does not seem consistent. So this thread definately belongs in the originating thread, unless as is often the case fc is trying to bury facts so they do not have to acknowledge the ninja nerfs that seem to emerge in every patch.

Funcom employee

Bot drop rate is speculated about pretty much every other patch these days.
    The drop rate has not been modified.

Don't draw conclusions on such small data samples, you can't get accurate statistics like that.
    Also, you're comparing against a figure that the community has "decided" the drop rate is.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Also, you're comparing against a figure that the community has "decided" the drop rate is.
    Mind. Blown.

But I doubt FC would make a drop rate of 9.7453% but you never know
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Questioning the community, BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!!!

Tiihii

Bot drop rate is speculated about pretty much every other patch these days.
    The drop rate has not been modified.
    Neither was BoC droprate

Don't draw conclusions on such small data samples, you can't get accurate statistics like that.
    How many would you suggest?

Although I saw a post not too long ago in which someone claimed that someone from FC had stated what the drop rate is...I have never actually seen FC say what the drop rate is...so what else is left? Put simply, what is the drop rate supposed to be?

To add my inexact "science" to the mix, before I left AO two years ago, I had logged about 1000 raids. I was getting bot drops about 16% of the time. Although I was told it is random, for some reason, I attracted Ilari more than Cha, so my rate of bots was skewed toward spiritual at nearly 4% and away from supple at only about 1%....
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast