Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shop claim command after merge? -want official answer

Really?!
    So the ~15bn or so I had amassed over my entire AO lifespan and stored in multiple alt shops on my main account (which is inactive and will stay that way until something intriguing happens) has been deleted? Or is this items/cash from the previous removal of the market house that were available with the /shopclaim that didn't survive the dimension merge?
    Last edited by Delerium; Apr 9th, 2013 at 13:27:02.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

It's the items / cash that were contained in the old market houses that were shutdown and removed a while ago that you needed to do a shop claim on to have them returned to you.

If your items / cash were in the GMI system when merge happened they are safe and sound.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

So in clear words; The items I had in my shop on multiple toons are gone forever since I weren't around at the time the GMS was removed? And FC is not showing any signs to actually comment on the situation?

If this is the cause, I'd say that this is on the verge of fraud - at least according to Norwegian law. The items you own in a virtual environment is actually your property. Of course FC could just refer to the EULA (which probable covers situations like this), but I think at least they could get on the scene and give us an official answer. NOT a very nice experience using money to reactivate three accounts and finding a lot of your items and cash just being gone...
    Perky - 220 dmg freak crat
    Bitcrusher - 220 MP
    Shadowofbit - 220 Shade - It's best from behind!!!
    Advocrusher - 200 Lovechild
    Wdfourty - levling engie
    Docfoo - 165 Doc twink - Retired
    ----

Noone got any more information on this?
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: No, mswarm
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

[Koreteve]: your a dog in the Grid

Quote Originally Posted by Gridzfix View Post
    Noone got any more information on this?
    new gd forgot ao even exists so i doubt we'll be getting any information any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    new gd forgot ao even exists so i doubt we'll be getting any information any time soon.
    Pretty sure this is the case. I guess there's still some devs at FC who actually care about AO, but the new GD certainly ain't one of them.

I would really like to hear something about this issue too, since i stuffed my shops full of some slow selling stuff before i let my accounts expire. I certainly didn't lose billions or anything, but a couple hundred mils anyway.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

This has been said in previous threads, and it bears repeating here: the GD for AO is Genele, and is not new. The new person is Joel, and he is the Creative Director for FC games. GD != CD

When talking about mechanics it's best to refer to the non-new GD, as the new CD would have very little to contribute to this discussion.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Whoever is concerned, is pretty slow ...
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

still waiting for some kind of official response to this.
    packers 220 agent general of Underworld.
    xstyggax 220 mp general of Underworld.
    pakkers 220 sol member of Paradise
    Zluza 220 crat member of paradise
    Packerz 218 shade member of Paradise
    Slusa 165 doc member of Paradise
    Azulz 150 doc member of Paradise
    Sluza 118 agent member of Paradise

i register that the ppl at funcom still havent graced this thread with a response.^^ I haven't but others have gotten a reply from gms that its not technically possible to retrieve creds/items that was for sale in old playershops.

If this is right im pretty disappointed with funcom and how they handles this transition into a new system. I would at least expect something as big as this be mentioned in patch notes or something similar.If they expect old players to return they doing a pretty lousy job at it.

Im a fan of the server merge and all that, but the gear you have acquired over years in this game is still a pretty big deal.

I'm pretty sure they do have backups from the servers before the merge. So it's not impossible to recover the missing things.....but since they forgot about this issue while doing the merge now it requires lots of work hrs to recover the missing items for everyone...
    I'd be glad if they would recover the credits at least.....

Archeopteryx 220|30|66 Soldier
    Silvermed.....|218|27|58 Doctor
    Silverballs......130|03|xx MP
    Silvermade.....|91|04|xx Trader
    Silverenf.......||60|06|14 Enforcer

They probably didn't think about it, and now they're certainly trying to fix this... Would be great if we could know more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridzfix View Post
    They probably didn't think about it, and now they're certainly trying to fix this....
    Hahahahaha! That's pretty funny, thanks for a good laugh kind sir

I reckon an optimistic estimate of the chances of them even TRYING to fix this is about 1%. Most likely 0%, sad to say
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

I recall /shop claim working for months after the GMS went away. We had folks return after a long absence in anticipation of the merge happening before year-end. For all of them, their items were claimable using the command.

However, I am su****ious that the old GMS shop information was stored with a toon's old/pre-merge character ID. I believe Funcom has said they did not make any "mapping" of old ID's to new ID's, that is why we all needed to re-do all our preferences and backpack labels. If that is the case it may be that old GMS credits and items not claimed before the merge are lost or extremely difficult to recover. Not good news for returning players.

Colrain

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    I recall /shop claim working for months after the GMS went away. We had folks return after a long absence in anticipation of the merge happening before year-end. For all of them, their items were claimable using the command.

However, I am su****ious that the old GMS shop information was stored with a toon's old/pre-merge character ID. I believe Funcom has said they did not make any "mapping" of old ID's to new ID's, that is why we all needed to re-do all our preferences and backpack labels. If that is the case it may be that old GMS credits and items not claimed before the merge are lost or extremely difficult to recover. Not good news for returning players.

Colrain
    Though the shop stuff was very weird. Probably somewhat related to old toons blob, but in someways not. Like the wrong shop contents that appeared from time to time...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    I have highlighted this thread to the appropriate people to see if we can get it looked into. You may or may not get a reply immediately, depending on how busy they are.
    bump

Returned 0 items and 0 credits. 0 items and 0 credits remain in the shop system.

Would really like to get my stuff back.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

I can not really understand all those compains!
    Most ppl that I know are using froob "bank characters" for storing some of their phats and credits, and it was like that for many years.

Why would any sane person put all/most of their phats in player shop (especially when they were taking break from AO), is beyond my understanding.

There are so many advantages of having your stuff on froob rather than put in city shop ...

It is not hard to understand why /claim does not work after merge and I am 100% sure that it was not done on purpose by FC.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I don't think most players put their phats in player shop to store them... Think they put it in there with the intention to come back later and see a pile of creds from they having been sold while they were away/taking a break.

I know when I took a break, and came back into game a couple of years later, it was nice to see some of my overpriced stuff had sold leaving me some creds

Although I did use some of my shops to store some excess creds(>1bil) for easy access if I needed. ie. kept the creds from items that had been sold in the gms shop rather than transferring out to my char. Just seemed easier when I was short a few creds to just go and transfer from gms shop, than to dual log a froob alt who was holding creds and transfer over. For those that were doing something similar, had to take an unexpected break for some time, and then come back to find its all gone, I can imagine that would be crappy feeling.
    Last edited by cybertron; May 5th, 2013 at 17:49:46.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by xstyggax View Post
    bump
    bump

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast