Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's AO?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze View Post
    Hmmm is there a link which shows how to go about doing the trick with the prefs? I really just don't have time to fool with it all with all of the other work I have unfortunately.
    The idea is to copy the folder with the name of your old char ID, rename it to your new char ID, and paste it into the new prefs directory. You can usually match up the chars by reading the chat window history. There are a few glitches, but it's better than the alternative.
    Still enjoying the game Srompu?
    I think so. TL7 BS seems to run more, which is nice.
    Taking a break to finish courses but I'll be back. Disappointed about the rebalance getting scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Advy - Admittedly no inherent counter. One of two professions weak (or weakish) to agents.
    Fixer - Two of Two professions with vulnerability to agents.
    Keeper - LE nano counters their offensive toolset, I dunno if keepers can alpha agents, keepers might die to AS spam, i'm not 100% sure here since not many good keepers play to really test this.
    I stand firmly on the opinion that MP likely has it the worst right now in PvP with agent and keeper following a close 2nd and 3rd.
    I agree Advy/Fix matchups are slightly in the agent's favor. However, they're CC-immune so they can just leave and go farm someone else. Also, they die very slowly.
    Keeper is generally our kill. They need a flawless and lucky swapalpha to take out an agent, and they're vulnerable to AS spam and CC.

On Fixies: I don't fully follow the metagame, but I think paid troxness has led evade professions either high-HP or NM. In turn, the cap-AS spam that made low-HP popular seems to have disappeared, partly because it's more fun to MR/keybind than play an AS-prof (MP/Agent/Trader), and partly because the Troll pistol doesn't often cap a high-HP setup.

High HP makes a huge difference in mass. Can't speak for duels because I am as horrible as ever at duels either way, not much of a scientific player and more of a pew-pew type guy, which of course is the perfect playstyle for trox fixer—in fast, out fast. I went trox as soon as I could get a BOC after the breed change was patched in, and since then I've seen almost every other fixer I recognize go trox. Dunno what Wonderland is smoking but high HP is a great way to survive, makes the % hot actually mean something. Low HP means you'll die in the time it takes to remove enf AOE stun. Running out of nano spamming HoTs is a concern but new stims help with that.

In other news: RK2 omni griefing almost daily, seem to be having fun; RK1 omni generally afk it seems.

What's with East TN and the number of AO players Finishing up your 5th year at TTU means you probably entered there right after I left (went to chattanooga state and changed majors). Lots of clanners in TN though, haven't actually met an omni yet from this area.

If you came back to AO now the population would be a bit more than it was pre-merge, it seems to have settled after the massive surge of players the moment the merge hit. PVP is somewhat stagnant but BS's run a bit more often now as well. Fixer and enforcer fest still, mostly atrox fixers lol.

It's sad that you missed the initial server restart after the merge, the PVP was rather crazy, everyone rushing to get tower sites, and people trying to fight without proper prefs or even org cities was great.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    And yet I manage 5-6k aimed shots on fixers from time to time.

"everyone"
    Kind of noticed that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdishado View Post
    High HP makes a huge difference in mass. Can't speak for duels because I am as horrible as ever at duels either way, not much of a scientific player and more of a pew-pew type guy, which of course is the perfect playstyle for trox fixer—in fast, out fast. I went trox as soon as I could get a BOC after the breed change was patched in, and since then I've seen almost every other fixer I recognize go trox. Dunno what Wonderland is smoking but high HP is a great way to survive, makes the % hot actually mean something. Low HP means you'll die in the time it takes to remove enf AOE stun. Running out of nano spamming HoTs is a concern but new stims help with that.

In other news: RK2 omni griefing almost daily, seem to be having fun; RK1 omni generally afk it seems.
    Don't know where I said high health was bad for getting attacked by 3-4 or more people.

Most PvP fixers that I'd seen are still low health though, don't know where these high health fixers are besides Tarit and Byste. I knew those existed before merge, and I wouldn't doubt that there are a few more after merge. Cred's still low health (In his words, it's not about "Being low health," but "Being able to go low health"), and I still see him as the best in the game. I knew a specific now-passed-away fixer (RIP and all that, of course) was also right up next to Cred as best in the game, and he was also low health. Maybe these high health fixers are on clan, because I do not see them often (As I would be shooting omni now).

But anyway, do whatever you want with your fixer, Bluecheeze, it's your character. But, like Marine said, I'm 99% sure fixer doesn't even come close to the "worst 2 professions" in the game.
    Last edited by wonderland; Apr 12th, 2013 at 14:13:17.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post

But anyway, do whatever you want with your fixer, Bluecheeze, it's your character. But, like Marine said, I'm 99% sure fixer doesn't even come close to the "worst 2 professions" in the game.
    I don't think they are one of the worst professions. On the contrary, I think they are one of the best professions. I'm saying if you sent the best representative from each profession to duel against each other and based the ranks on who won the most fights, I think fixer would score in the bottom 2 as anything other than Atrox.

I don't think they are one of the worst professions. On the contrary, I think they are one of the best professions. I'm saying if you sent the best representative from each profession to duel against each other and based the ranks on who won the most fights, I think fixer would score in the bottom 2 as anything other than Atrox.
    but you're wrong
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

but you're wrong
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Is that with kiting or just a standing fight? Our top duelers are easily a few ranks ahead of most players in a dueling aspect, but things change in mass pvp, bore ganking, or BS.

Can't think of the best duelers for several professions either, including fixers.

I would welcome a "Bluecheeze" return.

However, I think the question on many people's lips is how many and which of the current owners of the character "Bluecheeze" will be coming back to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Is that with kiting or just a standing fight? Our top duelers are easily a few ranks ahead of most players in a dueling aspect, but things change in mass pvp, bore ganking, or BS.

Can't think of the best duelers for several professions either, including fixers.
    Standing fight as I specified earlier. It's no doubt that in mass we are great and when kiting, even better. I'm talking toe to toe with minimal running, as anything other than trox, vs. the best of the best from each profession. I'm talking about dueling only.

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    I would welcome a "Bluecheeze" return.

However, I think the question on many people's lips is how many and which of the current owners of the character "Bluecheeze" will be coming back to the game?
    Bluecheeze has been long gone for over 2 years now. Character was banned due to account sharing. I returned for a bit and made some other characters, but most friends had gone, so I haven't stuck around. College is getting too hectic at the senior level on top of work and attempting to stay fit. Plus, with summer coming soon, I have bikini's to chase and tans to acquire

Game was fun through my childhood, but the appeal is no longer there. I attribute about 10% of that lack of appeal to your posts alone

Glad to see you are enjoying your time
    Did Masterfix and the good doctor return as well?

--------

Thank you all for your responses.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys!
    The Master is back. A bit rusty atm, but im getting there. Jikka should arrive soon aswell
    Masterfix (Fixer 220/30)
    Expmaster (Crat 220/29)
    Masterdd (Shade 220/30)

...and som other noobs
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Master is here

Thumbs down

/sarcasm on look @ Community Corner.lots of feedback i see in there/sarcasm off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12