Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's AO?

How's AO?

Hey guys!

Been extremely busy with my studies, responsibilities, and work here at Tennessee Tech.

Honestly haven't logged in to play AO since before the server merge. I can't be bothered to set hotbars back up right now

How's the server merge treating everyone? People getting along? Bots get sorted out? Heard something about server crashing, did that get resolved? How's the PvP?

Can't wait to hear from you all.
    Take care!

Omni have already given up on fighting back.
    Other than that, things seem to be humming along.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Omni have already given up on fighting back.
    More like sites are never open when I can get on.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

-Hang in there! I'm in the same boat; holding on until April.

-There's a trick to fix your prefs as long as you haven't logged in since the merge. Back up your prefs folder before you log in.

-Population is way up. Servers crashed a bunch but are ~stable now.

-Omni have some fabulous bot drama, have hit 0.00% side xp, and are quitting now that they don't have towers. Clans are frosty cool, have 21%+ side xp, and are reactivating now that they have towers. Neuts are doing their thang, neuting people like nothin'.

-There are around four S42 raidbots.

-Bor has people standing in a circle bragging. BS runs regularly and each side has winning streaks.

-RK1 is a bunch of kiting noobs. RK2 is a bunch of duel-only carebears.

-MoM-perked enfos tend to suck against agent for some unexplained reason. Demo+pistol engis hurt a lot, unsurprisingly.

-Fixers are very well off, especially if you go trox.

-Some decent pvpers have, uh, returned from a, um, break, and now play on their *cough* better known toons.
    If you know what I mean, babe

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Fixers are very well off, especially if you go trox.
    [/size]
    Heresy!
    Yumemi79
    Sicht
    Leonandros
    Mywrath
    Pyschobilly
    Todeszelle
    +15 more

Blue! How's the studies going? Pretty much exactly how srompu put it tbh! You'll enjoy it though, the BS's have generally been good fun and pretty populated!

Conversation should stay towards the original content of the thread. Please, keep it that way.
    Guardian Haquihana
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors Of Rubi-ka
    Forum Social Guidelines

Been away for a while too, interested to know about the population of merged servers.
    Klod, are you there?
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

For a dude who came back after roughly 2 years...there are some exciting new content and items that ****es up the loggin! Merger is looking good, Omni is in a small identity crises.....but we will come back!! As we always do !
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Wait for a few months and when clans cancel their subs we are going to take back tl7 towers with style.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

-Hang in there! I'm in the same boat; holding on until April.

-There's a trick to fix your prefs as long as you haven't logged in since the merge. Back up your prefs folder before you log in.

-Population is way up. Servers crashed a bunch but are ~stable now.

-Omni have some fabulous bot drama, have hit 0.00% side xp, and are quitting now that they don't have towers. Clans are frosty cool, have 21%+ side xp, and are reactivating now that they have towers. Neuts are doing their thang, neuting people like nothin'.

-There are around four S42 raidbots.

-Bor has people standing in a circle bragging. BS runs regularly and each side has winning streaks.

-RK1 is a bunch of kiting noobs. RK2 is a bunch of duel-only carebears.

-MoM-perked enfos tend to suck against agent for some unexplained reason. Demo+pistol engis hurt a lot, unsurprisingly.

-Some decent pvpers have, uh, returned from a, um, break, and now play on their *cough* better known toons.
    If you know what I mean, babe
    This is a pretty accurate summary.
    Based God.

Hmmm is there a link which shows how to go about doing the trick with the prefs? I really just don't have time to fool with it all with all of the other work I have unfortunately.

Go figure Omni has bot drama. Sounds characteristic of our side.

I noticed the major benefit in going Atrox long ago. As new equipment is becoming available, the idea of a low HP fixer being a formidable opponent in PvP should have dissipated by now, but you already know this, of course I just can't bring myself to go Atrox just yet. How do you stand out amongst all the other fat asses?

Still enjoying the game Srompu?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap View Post
    Blue! How's the studies going? Pretty much exactly how srompu put it tbh! You'll enjoy it though, the BS's have generally been good fun and pretty populated!
    Hey buddy. Studies are going very well. Finishing up my 5th year now. Finals in less than a month. I have been applying for multiple co-ops and internships, but right now, working for the ITS Department will suffice.

Hmmm I do love my PvP Perhaps I'll pop in for a bit when I get my preferences back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    For a dude who came back after roughly 2 years...there are some exciting new content and items that ****es up the loggin! Merger is looking good, Omni is in a small identity crises.....but we will come back!! As we always do !
    Welcome back bud! Long time
    Believe it or not, I'm still running on the same PoS 2002 Dell Dimension 8250 lmao!
    ... and as a Computer Science student no less -_-

Glad to see you are enjoying your time
    Did Masterfix and the good doctor return as well?

Hope all is well for you my man.

--------

Thank you all for your responses.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze View Post
    I noticed the major benefit in going Atrox long ago. As new equipment is becoming available, the idea of a low HP fixer being a formidable opponent in PvP should have dissipated by now, but you already know this, of course I just can't bring myself to go Atrox just yet. How do you stand out amongst all the other fat asses?
    Uh, you're a little mistaken on that.

Everyone's still low health, and the reason for atrox or solitus is mostly for the full auto skill over opifex, as fixers have a pain capping their full auto on the envy.

Atroxes are still low health, they just have a small amount more than other fixers, but at the benefit of usually capped full auto, and some choose mongo rage. The 80% (Jarring Burst) and 90% (Solid Slug, Neutronium Slug) checking submachinegun perks sometimes do them favors.

Fixers are pretty strong right now, if fixer power is your concern, you shouldn't be worrying.
    Last edited by wonderland; Apr 9th, 2013 at 07:46:03.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

And yet I manage 5-6k aimed shots on fixers from time to time.

"everyone"
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Atroxes are still low health, they just have a small amount more than other fixers.

Fixers are pretty strong right now, if fixer power is your concern, you shouldn't be worrying.
    For mass PvP, sure. For some duels, yes.

I'm looking at this from a different viewpoint. If you were to bring the best of each profession to the table and have them all duel each other. I'd say the fixer would be in the bottom 2 professions if they were a breed other than Atrox right now.

I haven't been away for THAT long Fixers are, without a doubt, very strong. But I think the last of the Low HP fixers will wither away very soon. Low HP is only viable if you're not getting hit. With each new item adding more and more AAO, it is becoming increasingly difficult to merely 'survive'. Playing defense the entire fight may make you live longer, but good luck killing in a 1 on 1 situation where your opponent knows how to play.

Just my view

I'd say the fixer would be in the bottom 2 professions if they were a breed other than Atrox right now.
    And MP would be the other!

I'm looking at this from a different viewpoint. If you were to bring the best of each profession to the table and have them all duel each other. I'd say the fixer would be in the bottom 2 professions if they were a breed other than Atrox right now.
    Mmm....I'm not so sure about that. Nanomage is very viable for fixers right now.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    Mmm....I'm not so sure about that. Nanomage is very viable for fixers right now.
    Nanomage would be the only exception in my opinion due to Absorb.

Then I could see the benefits of lower HP still if you get into a tight situation, but for the most part, I'd rather take higher HP and greater offense and the ability to perk those who are still unperkable for most fixers.

Of course, people can build their fixers anyway they want It is their toon after all.

But, for me, it got old having to balance HP on each item. For example, do I sacrifice the 75 offense and defense on the bracer just because it adds 1200 HP?

Nanomage would be the only exception in my opinion due to Absorb.

Then I could see the benefits of lower HP still if you get into a tight situation, but for the most part, I'd rather take higher HP and greater offense and the ability to perk those who are still unperkable for most fixers.

Of course, people can build their fixers anyway they want It is their toon after all.

But, for me, it got old having to balance HP on each item. For example, do I sacrifice the 75 offense and defense on the bracer just because it adds 1200 HP?
    You can take a nanomage high HP (well...relatively high hp for a NM) if you want. I think with fixers really the benefit with the high HP is having the evades to avoid most perks + spamming our top long. This should be advantageous to a NM who can, in theory, get higher -% nanocost and higher nano pool.

If you are picky about HP...I guess you can build your general setup around buffs like ibehe and gauntlet and then add/subtract gear if required. I also still feel like I almost never use MR on my fixer. Obviously I can't say it's useless though
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Just my view

I'm pretty sure MP/Agent/Keeper take the bottom 3 slots, i'm not even going to argue about exactly how strong fixers really are (in a duel scenario I don't think they're top 3, but they're solid enough). MP's just flat out do practically nothing, keeper's kill potential is very low vs many profs and agents damage scaling has remained stagnant as people get incredibly beefier and their only defense (which isn't even coded into the agent profession!) is countered by so many different professions these days just straight up, I could make a list and at least half the professions have a guaranteed counter to their defense, if not more. In fact just for the sake of being thorough, here it is.

Advy - Admittedly no inherent counter. One of two professions weak (or weakish) to agents.
    Crat - Many init debuffs and two sources of melee attacks to interrupt casting when you get around to casting a defense
    Doc - Lulsworthy amount of init debuffs
    Enforcer - Initdebuffs, stuns and massive damage output to murder most agents before they have a hope to finish casting a defense
    Engineer - No init debuffs, but NSD removes an agents often-time self buffed RRFE and spec blockers/coon mean you will NEVER kill an engi.
    Fixer - Two of Two professions with vulnerability to agents.
    Keeper - LE nano counters their offensive toolset, I dunno if keepers can alpha agents, keepers might die to AS spam, i'm not 100% sure here since not many good keepers play to really test this.
    MA - Massive init debuffs, stuns and can interrupt casting even through the deck NCU due to a perk they have.
    MP - NSD and init debuffs, no casting for you.
    NT - It's nigh impossible to tank an NT's full alpha on an agent if they play it right in a standard viable setup (AKA 19-21k hp)
    Shade - Nanodrains until the cows come home, they won't die to AS spam before you're dead from no nano.
    Soldier - Remedy Inhibitor.
    Trader - GTH + Drains, if you can cast after double drains and drain procs, you wont be casting after GTH lands.

I stand firmly on the opinion that MP likely has it the worst right now in PvP with agent and keeper following a close 2nd and 3rd.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast