Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyr type 3

Kyr type 3

As i've always been dual wield dread rapier/envy for the +dd epeen, i'm curious about using this type 3 weapon for pvp.

Is the swap time too long to pair it with xan of anger to get any use? From my initial thought I am thinking swap time falls in line with special recharges both ways. Is that incorrect?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Good reliable AS with fast recharge. Always found it too slow for swapping so used Supernova for that.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

swap time is 100% too slow to be of use in any real pvp setting, and getting hit with something like a doc proc, break, bot confinement, perks that interupt swaps will make you tear your hair out.

Better to try troa'ler/rhatata at the same time or just swap supernova or just leave kec 3 on and rely on its 100% ar vs duck evade checks.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I used to swap the KEC3 a lot more at TL5 for a faster AS cycle than the Supernova, but not so much anymore. It's just so tedious to have such a long swap time you never get any regulars in which is pretty annoying.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Yea found out on test server last night the swap is ridiculous. I think Ill just keep it available for evade profs.

AND also got the tar beat out of me by Xira, who made a sick keeper with get this...AS troll pistol!!! I am now advocating the serious nerf of that pistol if a blue skill keeper can whoop a$$ with it. That makes absolutely no sense.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Don't forget its at 75% OE, if thats any consolation
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

The fact that a keeper can cap AS on that pistol....is just wrong.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

If not, why not.
    Brb farming CSS + Lusts for my Keeper

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I use it quite often. But you need a scope for it to work, so for hotswapping it's no good. It does let you beat some evaders that you would otherwise have problems with in duels.

It is good when you cannot hit FA. But you need to see an evader coming, then wait for the swap and, if your target did not run, start fighting with a reduced alpha.
    his is of very limited use for me and I think we're better off with a supernova.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Apr 15th, 2013 at 12:16:39.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    AND also got the tar beat out of me by Xira, who made a sick keeper with get this...AS troll pistol!!!
    You must suck.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Speaking of RE, is minion fire/ice available in ql 300?

Has anyone tried it?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Afaik it does drop in (regular) pande, so it should be available in ql300.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    You must suck.
    I suppose if a non pvp twinked testserver toon counts then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Speaking of RE, is minion fire/ice available in ql 300?

Has anyone tried it?
    Yes and not a fan.
    Last edited by Psikie; Apr 16th, 2013 at 22:44:32.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I suppose if a non pvp twinked testserver toon counts then sure.
    Sorry, but why wouldn't you use one of your merged toons to test against the keeper? Like your MP maybe?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

Sorry, but why wouldn't you use one of your merged toons to test against the keeper? Like your MP maybe?
    It wasn't my test for one. For 2 it was spur of the moment...more of a look what I did by Xira. For 3 my reason for being on test server at that moment had nothing to do with a pvp toon.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yea found out on test server last night the swap is ridiculous. I think Ill just keep it available for evade profs.

AND also got the tar beat out of me by Xira, who made a sick keeper with get this...AS troll pistol!!! I am now advocating the serious nerf of that pistol if a blue skill keeper can whoop a$$ with it. That makes absolutely no sense.
    The fact that a keeper can cap AS on that pistol....is just wrong.
    To be honest and fair, unless you weren't being serious and I just missed it, it did honestly come off to me like you did claim it was legitimately overpowered. Not that you took a character with a garbage setup and died to one with a full setup.

I don't see where "75% overequipped aimed shot pistol on a keeper is overpowered against an on the spot auto-boosted testlive character of an unnamed profession" makes any sense.

Not that I'm so much claiming that you're taking your words back, more that I just don't see how it connects logically to actual in-game balance.
    Last edited by wonderland; Apr 18th, 2013 at 21:25:38.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I don't see where "75% overequipped aimed shot pistol on a keeper is overpowered against an on the spot auto-boosted testlive character of an unnamed profession" makes any sense.
    Since you seem to be following both threads related to this... it has NOTHING to do with the fact that it was a keeper. But in the fact that it's sickening that even a keeper is able to equip the ridiculous AS pistol and crit cap that is OP. Again THE PISTOL is OP, let me repeat THE PISTOL is OP.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Again THE PISTOL is OP, let me repeat THE PISTOL is OP.
    Based on your crappy test toon? God everything is op when you put it that way.

Based on your crappy test toon? God everything is op when you put it that way.
    Hilarious, I can see again the point is being missed. You want to make this personal for some reason. I'm online almost every night you can find me in Bor anytime slick or send me a tell.

The point still being missed by the original post is the fact that a blue weapon skill Keeper is able to equip and crit cap AS pistol. If you don't think that a weapon obviously not meant for a keeper but is still effective in the hands of a keeper for pvp isn't OP then I don't know what to tell you. It's because keepers or any prof "can" crit cap with that pistol...(except maybe shades) is why I think it's OP. No other endgame weapon in game can be that effective pvp wise in the hands of any prof.

Perhaps that's just my opinion.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast