Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to get the city portals back

Yeah what Mastablasta said.. The cities won't be back, all traces of them will be destroyed. Thank The Beast.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Wow again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Learn2sarcasm. And no, that's not what is on TESTLIVE. Go there sometime, and you might see that.

Going back to pre-AI is not devolution when what was introduced was devolution. It's going back to something that was a better design.

And no, it won't be back as it was rendered for new engine? What does that even mean?
    As for testlive, its there, in any form you look at it. Go play there.

Weve had this discussion before Masta on other forums. I posted the links. If you have any proof, or any other tro....players, that the cities wont be back, please post the links. Otherwise......same ole same ole from the same ole trolls.

I want the empty city spots be used like in Tabula Rasa the outposts.
    I want new tradeskills for entierly new buildings, to build our own military outpost that can be attacked and defended with all the bells and mechles.
    I want this new PvP expansion be called "Raws Idea" even if its from Ilalyia but do you really want its name being "Ilalyia's Idea" ?!

Now you may ask, who is "I" ? ..
    Well, you can call me iRaw to make it sound more modern ...
    Im only typing here bcause im done with irl today, let hope im loggin in soon™ ..
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Age of Conan, from what I remember, has a really cool process with their battle sieges/keep attacks. I wish AO would do something like that. Its been years since I played AoC but the guild keep attacks were a big bonus for me.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/What_about_Siege_Combat%3F
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

meh. Whompas were lame as it was. I keep two engineers one in borealis one in rome mission agency... Oh and a fixer at borealis grid. Whatever I want to do I do in 1 minute.

This takes about 1 day to setup, and lasts you a lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

No way, remote spots should be remote, not with a giant city and 3 warps to different clubs around every bend.

All that's left is for them to paste in the pre AI land that was flattened for the plots and one of the worst things added to this game will finally be erased.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Again, please don't put them back.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

I see absolutely no reason not to bring those terminals back. Vanilla AO? Oh, sure, but how much did the Grid Nano cost back then in the Item Store? I wasn't around during Vanilla AO, so could you please tell me?

Anyway, how about this... Wherever there's a Fixer grid exit, place some kind of "Emergency Grid Entrance". Fixers hacked those, so they can also exit at those points - however, other professions can only enter the Grid there.
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    Anyway, how about this... Wherever there's a Fixer grid exit, place some kind of "Emergency Grid Entrance". Fixers hacked those, so they can also exit at those points - however, other professions can only enter the Grid there.
    I like that idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    As for testlive, its there, in any form you look at it. Go play there.

Weve had this discussion before Masta on other forums. I posted the links. If you have any proof, or any other tro....players, that the cities wont be back, please post the links. Otherwise......same ole same ole from the same ole trolls.
    No it's not in the form you try to allude to.

You can call insults to whatever degree you like, it only detracts from whatever it is you want. Cities won't be returning like they were and that's what you and others were saying. And seeing as how they hadn't even figured out how to reintroduce them, then you can bet you won't see another of those abominations for the duration of AO's lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    I see absolutely no reason not to bring those terminals back. Vanilla AO? Oh, sure, but how much did the Grid Nano cost back then in the Item Store? I wasn't around during Vanilla AO, so could you please tell me?

There wasn't an item store before a couple years ago. If you wanted to travel, you did it and there weren't any whines all over about how it was the worst thing ever that there weren't grid exits and entrances in every single zone.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 19th, 2013 at 09:22:32.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Actually, the bar woompahs, cities, gms, and city shops were all introduced with the AI expansion. That was back in 2004 or 2005 I think? There have been multiple bar woompah entrances in almost every single RK zone since then.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by smokex View Post
    Actually, the bar woompahs, cities, gms, and city shops were all introduced with the AI expansion. That was back in 2004 or 2005 I think? There have been multiple bar woompah entrances in almost every single RK zone since then.
    that's when everything worked.....not useless tax on selling itemns in market..you actrually travel more...cause you've to go to cities to buy stuff...and learn whompahs, grid to get there before some arrives first to buy it..and ti cause you to maybe check out some dyna camp or do mission that's near a city..since you've an city portal to use..etc
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I prefer the no more cities. When I came back it felt like I was no longer on fringe world that was being explored, developed and exploited. Rather it was like some developed planet with a city every 3 miles.

Why even have yalms, jet packs (worst freebie in a game) or the phasefronts if all you have to do is walk/run 100yards to the nearest city?

Speaking as a doctor, and I have an NT and an engineer alt, who needs a fixer? if I want to grid I do it fine on the doctor, the NT ports to rome and the engine hoofs it. no big deal.

Between the whompas and grid you can get around the planet easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Still, I would prefer a global means of transportation given to all players but with a reasonable lockout, sort of a backup return home.
    This already exist ingame. At least for paid players.

Everyone should go check out their "Cartographer" perkline.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    This already exist ingame. At least for paid players.

Everyone should go check out their "Cartographer" perkline.
    +1 lol
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No it's not in the form you try to allude to.

You can call insults to whatever degree you like, it only detracts from whatever it is you want. Cities won't be returning like they were and that's what you and others were saying. And seeing as how they hadn't even figured out how to reintroduce them, then you can bet you won't see another of those abominations for the duration of AO's lifetime.

There wasn't an item store before a couple years ago. If you wanted to travel, you did it and there weren't any whines all over about how it was the worst thing ever that there weren't grid exits and entrances in every single zone.
    Where's your proof? I've posted links to what I say. Why do you put out your opinions as some kind of fact? Did someone from the Dev team tell you this? Did you read it somewhere? Post the links. Obviously then your just trolling for reactions. Its not an insult, its just a fact.

As for people not wanting better ways to travel about RK back in the day , or whining all over about it as you put it, then your memory must be past its due date.

So its the year 22.000 (???) and traveling is done on foot or by flying vechicles that move with bicycle speed? I didnt know AO is a post - apo type of game, i thought its only sci-fi / fantasy mix thats kinda exotic anyway ...

In current game state fast traveling can be done, all you need is a dual logged fixer or even better triple loggded fixer and engi. You can also buy a grid nano for only 40e (?), waste some perks or buy beacons with vet points. There is only a slight problem:
    - new players dont have fixers and engis to dual/triple log,
    - new players dont spend money on nanos from fc store,
    - new players dont have perks because:
    a) they are froobs so they dont have perks at all,
    b) they dont have enough perk points or their level isnt high enough (carto is lvl locked to 20 if i remember correctly, it seems to be low but it isnt when you have to make it with noob island weapons, no money for implants and when you are asked to farm missions for crap no one wants tu buy except some charity actions),
    - new players dont have vet points - they are new after all.

So you people say AO is gonna be more newcomer friendly, yeah, sure I really love FCs sense of humor, now tell us something about balancing or new engine. B...h, please ...

BTW, where are our bonus character slots? So far Ive lost a 220 character ...
    Last edited by Ciex; Mar 20th, 2013 at 08:26:25.

no it is not a post apoc setting, it is called a frontier world with limited a limited infrastructure. If you read the book that laid the foundation for the mmo, you would understand that a. we are on a unique world in all of the know space. b. we are a newly settled planet (relatively speaking), c. there is this thing called a rebellion going on, so any resources that would have normally gone in to development of your rapid transit system is instead funneled toward each sides attempt to win freedom/crush the rebellion. d. even if there was not a rebellion, Omni-tek only cares about the transportation of notum from the mines to the rail launchers in Clon****, and getting their people to and from the sites that make this possible.

It is NOT very exotic at all. heck look at our planet and you can find analogies to this. take the USA in the 1800-1900 for example. you had a very well populated area (east coast) with infrastructure that was modern and accessable, and in the western terrorities/states the population was less dense by factors well over 10 coupled with the only real infrastructure (trains/telegraphs)devoted to moving resources that the Eastern area wanted (cows, gold, furs) and dirt roads. A more modern analogue would be comparing the 1st world of today with places like Africa and the sw Asia.

I am going to go back to my personal experience here. I remember how it felt like the game suddenly changed and was like a whole new world to me when I got my first Yalm. 5 million credits was a lot, orgs would help you out in getting one if you were an active member of the org. that was level 80ish if I remember rightly. Up until then If I needed to gert to a mission we used the whoompa and grid easily (yes there were groans about south clon**** missions) but needing to go to PW or SFP we a good way to commit suicide at level 80 ish.

The current state of the game has not really changed all that much. Why would a level 80 or 100 need to be up in PW? ANd yes of course Funcom wants to reward PAYING players with easier access to things/places, that not new at all in the f2p (with a subscription model)
    new players are going to be lower level players to start with and have all the areas they need for leveling and play close enough that they can walk to them or use the whoompa system.

heck a new to the game player is not going to even know that you used to be able to wander out to zone x and see cities every 2 miles that can instantly port you back to a city. You that took advatange of that system are the ones that know it is gone. Yes you are upset I get it. I am not because it feels more like the game I started with.

Also yes I am laughing at the whole whine about the lack of credits for new players....what a level 20 should have 5 million credits in the bank by then? where is the challenge? where is the deciding do I get that nano or that new gun? if you give us everything for easy then why play?

Shadowlands is pretty much a post apocalyptic setting though.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    Shadowlands is pretty much a post apocalyptic setting though.
    It is actually, literally, a post apocalyptic setting for the Xan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12