Thread: Credit generation vs sink

Credit generation vs sink

Ok I promise I'm not trying to troll here.

I'm actually intested in some discussion on how credits get actually generated in AO.

There have been many credit sinks introduced lately and I cannot see how this is "balanced" with the credit generation methods.

So let me define credit generation so we don't get confused: New credits introduced to the game, NOT recirculating old credits by player to player transactions.

I'm going to be honest, I made most of my credits by player to player transactions and ingots/s10.

I cannot see how current generation methods prepare anyone for the current economy if they didn't happen to be around to benefit from previous examples listed. Current shop food just wouldn't seem to cut it.

What are people's thoughts on this?
    Photocopy - The Crat
    Wristdeep - The Enf

It isnt balanced, is the answer you're looking for

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Well, im pretty sure that currently more credits disappear than are introduced. I see 2 main sources of new credits: inf missions (pearls) and s42 (bounties but looting corpses there also generates a lot, patrollers alone give around 90k). I dont see many froobs around on lft so i guess that team missions are close to dead and froob leveling happens via daily mission system.

Over last 2 months ive sold 40 backpacks of ICEs from my remaining s10 stock and i think that due to s10 CRU supplies getting low CRU price will get even higher than it is today (i sold my cru for no less that 6 - 6,5 mln per piece). Once there is no cru or its as expensive as it used to be (10 mln / 100%) people will blitz team missions again as if they do they will also loot other items from boss mobs to sell it as shopfood. GMI alone is a huge credit sink i sell almost everything in it so my ICEs alone took away around 150 mln credits from our economy (tax is 3% isnt it? I cant remember exactly).

I have also around 30 backpacks of inf mission crap (mostly pearls, tank armors and MP anima nanos) waiting to be sold to shop once i finally make friends with lvl 220 CL twinked trader or make one myself but that would be around 700 mln only (i count 1 mln / 1 piece of crap). Those 30 backpacks came from leveling 2 characters to lvl 220 so i think around 100 - 150 mln credits would be an average amount of credits brought by a single SL leveling character - my income is higher because i tend to loot everything worth looting and im able to cut my own pearls. Its worth mentioning that ive spend more than 100 mln credits per character to SL vendors just in order to keep my nanos up to date (NT and engi) so all in all an average leveling character doesnt generate anything even if he does loot pearls.