Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Plan for Generals Right hand

Heh, I don't think the problem will be finding enough engys. Engy's can be used almost down to level 50. They just have to be able to cast Beacon Warp. The problem will be finding enough 160+ Soldiers who want to get shot at for hours on end.

4 Crats, 2 with 7% Crit speech running, 2 with +100 Add all off speech running.

Maybe as many as 4 agents spamming the repressor in sync with each other. The repressor really is not a -Agg item. Most of the time it functions as an item that makes the mob attack whoever has done the most damage to it.

1 Trader/team. Keeping a +100 or higher team wrangle running.

The Crats and Traders are there to make the Soldiers have a high attack rating so they hit harder and more often. Might want to replace the 2 Crats with 7% crit speech running with MA's casting MoP on the soldiers when they need it and have been pulled back from the front line. Too many little programs refeshing themselves often could keep the Soldier from casting TMS when the soldier needs it.

Its the little things you can't know until you've tried it.

MoP and crat crit speech don't stack.. best to just have the soldiers get MoP so they can always depend on it and not have to worry about being in range of a crat.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

The funny thing is the keeping the dmg dealers alive isnt' really the trouble with taking him down. The problem is he counters almost every nuke and evades almost every shot.

ATM you cannot do enough damage to him to take him down. I mean, by all means try, if you get him to 3/4 or so then I'm sure you will have tons on the bandwagon to try to take him down.

I think you would have to have 3 groups of soldier/eng, if you only had 2 groups I think you'd fall behind and get screwed up.

Have group soldier #2 start attacking half way through soldier #1's mirror (so as to get aggro once soldier #1 warps), soldier #2 mirrors as soon as the general's rH aggro's, warping of soldier #2 begins, and half way through soldier #2's mirror soldier #3 starts to attack. Meenwhile soldier #1 is warped back and prepared to carry on after soldier #3.

However I highly doubt if what amounts to 1 or 2 soldiers attacking at one time could outdamage mob regeneration.

And if you had anyone else there attacking the soldiers would lose aggro *shrug*.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I think something along the lines of 10 groups of the 3 or 4 person teams would be needed. Anywhere from 20 to 40 seconds is going to be needed per person who gets aggro, so you are always going to have at least 2 soldiers recuperating once the fight gets underway.

60 people in the area fighting the boss with hopefully acceptable lag. 8ish of those people will be support people just there to control aggro and keep the soldiers buffed.

52 people remaining. 1/3 traders, 1/3 Docs, 1/3 traders. That means 17x4 person Teams.

The Engineers will be out of range, so they should not contribute to lag.

17xEngineers
    17xSoldiers
    17xDocs
    17xTraders
    4xCrat
    4xAgent

This is not counting the support groups in the rear, there to buff, nano, and heal returning soldiers, and also to protect the engineers from wandering mobs. Nor is it counting the people doing the pulls.

Hopefully keeping 13-15 soldiers on it at all times will be enough to beat its regen. 2-4 Soldiers will be either dead or waiting for TMS to come back. Of course I could be completely wrong and all 17 soldiers die as soon as the battle begins.

Having just 5 groups would allow practice on lesser mobs to see how well the tactic could work.

I lived through 6 hits last time!
    *waves his little soldier flag*
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

Originally posted by Umberdeath
    I lived through 6 hits last time!
    *waves his little soldier flag*
    j00 are ubaaa

was that through TMS? That mofo hits hard.

Note that this plan would take some serious time to take down the GRH. I've been in 2 attempts, both with a relatively coordinated alphastrike on this guy. A conservative estimate is 80k damage in a five second timespan which moved his HP bar 1 pixel. Everybody better be prepared for a 6 hour fight.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Or wait for them to fix his regen rate. *shrug*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Didn't the patch notes for 14.5.1 say they lowered his DMS value? I take this as an indication that he is meant to be killable. Guess we should just sit back and wait til they tone him down a little more tho.

The question is if he should actually be made easier to kill. In Daoc ther eis some realm dragons that take at least 200 people to kill over serveral hours.. in this case you are talking 60-80 people for a try. Im away that there is quite a lot of high lvl people in daoc (just came back to ao after 5 month brake, so don't know how many high lvls there is now..) But anyway the question is if there is any idea in having this mob if its not because it will be a huge challange. In Daoc again, one of the dragons have only been killed once on all servers in the entire life of the game afaik.

Besides that I think the idea sounds good.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Didn't the patch notes for 14.5.1 say they lowered his DMS value? I take this as an indication that he is meant to be killable. Guess we should just sit back and wait til they tone him down a little more tho.
    What I want to know is: Has he been tried since Jack and the Clones had their Regen rates twinked?

have a nt hit it with that -5000 chem AC nano

then have agents and fixers hit it with stigma rifles and chem maussers

or do stigmas do poison...doh

Originally posted by Robobobo
    have a nt hit it with that -5000 chem AC nano

then have agents and fixers hit it with stigma rifles and chem maussers

or do stigmas do poison...doh
    It's *not* the AC that is the problem, it is the DMS and regen rate.

Yeah, and the 4.5k Normal hits and 10k Crits would be a drawback as well.

True an Agent can cast TMS, so we can substitute agents in if not enough soldiers feel like shooting at it for hours on end.

Fixers would be really useful taking care of resupply. Ammo and Nano Kits are going to be used quite a bit. Bet everyone will run out of their supply during the course of the fight. Thats if the fight can actually achieve its end and enough people want to sign up to do it.

Did any of you guys have a problem hitting him? He seems to have godly NR and evades.

hmm i got some screenshots of this guy (uploading them on the storm messgae board @ www.nanoclan.com) and this guy hits for 5.2k crit. thats gonna kill most self buffed ppl (apart from maybe enfs and docs)

Hes unkillable atm, no matter which battle plan you use.

stupid question

Does any one know if GRH can be stunned? that might be a good tactic as well...team of NTs standin off to the side chain stunning him so he doesn't hit anyone.

Drsepsis
    President of Synergy Factor

"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be the death penalty for it, but why don't we remove all the safety labels and let the problem work itself out?"

"The most populous thing in the world is hydrogen, followed closely by idiots."

3 more things

what about lag ?

that many people in one place will definetly generate lag. in fact, i fear this will definetly fail no matter what simply because FC/AO servers do not have the capability for such events. last GM event in Tir is a great example of it. the whole zone crashed in case you dont know. groups will lose members, most likely at worst time, just imagine your doc and engi goin LD, or the soldier for that matter. there will also be chat lag, docs or casters in general wont be able to heal or cast their stuff on time, or even sit to use kits as they need to. think about it.

what about loot should this succeed by some miracle ?

yes yes yes, i know i know, the ooogly L word, but everyone will wanna know whats up, most likely ahead of time. and what will be the rules and how will it be done ? will it be with a bot, kinda like tara is mostly ? or different ? need to be very specific and upfront here. will you exclude all MAs since they have no use here according to your plan ? if so how will the players feel about your raids in general, and how will their guildmates/friends which you are trying to get to attend feel ?

pets.

use of pets is a very very very bad idea. they will multiply the lag problems and make agro control a nightmare with their screwed up pathing. this is again an FC issue rather then players, but it is tehre folks and cant be ignored. technologically the AI, pathing, etc. etc. in this game is just not up to par for these kinda things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast