Thread: *FINALLY* higher quality roots will be needed!

*FINALLY* higher quality roots will be needed!

Now i'll admit that my profession, as a fixer, has a lot and i don't really expect much from FC anymore to be giving us stuff. About the only thing i wanted was for the ncu buff to be refreshable and the manex to be ranged init (like it is supposed to be).

But in 14.6 we are getting a supportive nano. If FC fixes the ability to remove roots using inexpertises and incompetences, roots will be even more devastating, not only in pvm but mass pvp too. It is a complete line of nanos, removing 'x amount of seconds' from the duration of the root or snare. Now i spam halt flight on everyone i pvp. It has a duration of 21 seconds...even the lowest version of this nano removes enough seconds to literally *wipe* the root out of your NCU. Spamming halt flight has never been problem for me because it costs 39 nano. if the opposing force has a fixer and they cast this 'debuff buff' i will be forced to use higher versions of roots, thus costing more nano, and leading to me not being able to spam it as much as i do. I am guessing this is FC's effort to try and balance roots with the inability for everyone to break them like they do now.

Soldier rooted in tms? i can just hit him/her with one of the root breakers. Same with MA's, and since the challenger line will be a nano more used next patch, enforcers too. even though the NSD on challenger is reduced to 15 seconds, they can escape quicker if the root is erased from the target's NCU.

I look in my 'combat' section of my nanoprograms tab and i see two nanoprograms that can be considered roots. Halt Flight and No Escape Possible...sheesh i can't even remember the last time a general store provided me with something useful rather than bullets and hp/nano kits

So to sum it up you won't be seeing 'halt flight' 'detain suspect' 'detain customer' 'revoke movement license' coming from higher levels any more, every 3 seconds until you die.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Actully I think this is a bad nano since it will help ppl to zone more since root will be either ineffective or we wil have to use the best one which cant be chain casted many times. this nano will only help the zoners.

Great, now all we need is for Funcom to allow you Fixers to cast it on Pets...or better yet, just give something like that to the pet classes.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Name: NanoCrystal (Scatter Bonds)

QL: 10

Description: Nano Crystal - When executed, this nano program shortens the duration of any Snare nano currently affecting the fixer. The duration of any such nano will be reduced by 170 seconds.

Well, as you can see in the desc, it reduces the duration of any snare... not roots.

Most snares have long duration so this lowers it by 2 min.

So lets use Greater Delay Pursuers as an example, instead of 16 min dura, its lowered to 14... not that it really matters since it breaks when shot at

So keep that ql1 root spammed
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Oh...

...nevermind then. Low level PvM nano obviously
    MP's should be FEARED.

Originally posted by SS
    Name: NanoCrystal (Scatter Bonds)

QL: 10

Description: Nano Crystal - When executed, this nano program shortens the duration of any Snare nano currently affecting the fixer. The duration of any such nano will be reduced by 170 seconds.

Well, as you can see in the desc, it reduces the duration of any snare... not roots.

Most snares have long duration so this lowers it by 2 min.

So lets use Greater Delay Pursuers as an example, instead of 16 min dura, its lowered to 14... not that it really matters since it breaks when shot at

So keep that ql1 root spammed

*picks up the rose on the stage, and holds it tight*

The bubble is bursted. :/ Who the hell uses snares anyway (in a world full of runbuffs) except to annoy people, lol...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest
    Who the hell uses snares anyway (in a world full of runbuffs) except to annoy people, lol...
    I know I would, if my snares were just as annoying as yours. I would indeed.

Well could be just me but I use my highest QL AOE roots they can be pretty tough to break for someone at full def and with high NR.

Half