Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New interview with the head dude.

"the head dude"

roflmao
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    "the head dude"

roflmao
    Too Asian
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

If Steam brings an influx of new blood, I totally plan on starting a new toon and finding groups of new players to level with. This game is so much more awesome when it's all new - it's fun to show people that. Looking forward to it.

Forgive my ignorance but what is steam?

Steam is an online game delivery platform that accounts for roughly 35% of all PC game sales. Typically games that are somewhat unknown see a huge sales increase when they go on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Steam is an online game delivery platform that accounts for roughly 35% of all PC game sales. Typically games that are somewhat unknown see a huge sales increase when they go on Steam.
    Interesting. Thanks

Kotty • Drush • Guzzler • Farminator

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    If Steam brings an influx of new blood, I totally plan on starting a new toon and finding groups of new players to level with. This game is so much more awesome when it's all new - it's fun to show people that. Looking forward to it.
    ^ This!
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    ^ This!
    Double this!

It is exciting going round with new players. I was one of those once. I remember the wonderment of the Arrival Hall - wandering around it aimlessly for ages, exploring, and thinking 'Wow', then the shuttle crash, and 'bing' Newbie Island.

OK, the Arrival Hall has long since gone ( Sob sob! ), but there is still a little magic there. I did a fr00b account to have a look round, and there were quite a few on the ol' Island starting off on their new adventures. If/when Anarchy Online goes Steam etc, then I can't help but think there will be quite a lot of new players starting off their new adventure.

Maybe, just maybe, there is still some fire left in the fading embers of this quality game.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, if they get 10000 new players from steam and polish, then who cares about old players? the MMO business model revolves around people coming and going constantly. It stagnates to the current level of whining when that carousel stops moving.

Hmm too bad FC focus mainly on the players going away part of this buisness model
    Secret world already free to play? lolz?
    I seriously doubt those 10 000 new players would play for more than 5 mns especially since AO still has a monthly subscription fee (or is it gone?)

They should have done AO2, with an updated engine (i mean a real one), correct the major flaws of the PvP system and prolly some PvM too.Just my humble onion!

With this i suscribe for 5 years!And i'm sure a lot would do the same...

AO is such a great game, too bad FC sucks...
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Joel Bylos: Game Directors on Anarchy Online have been talking about the new engine for years. With progress looking really good, my goal is for this year to see the release of the new engine.

This. Year.

I'll start organizing the angry mob with the torches and pitchforks about early December.

(And I don't CARE he said its his "goal". Its loooong passed the "put up or shut up" stage)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Joel Bylos: Game Directors on Anarchy Online have been talking about the new engine for years. With progress looking really good, my goal is for this year to see the release of the new engine.

This. Year.

I'll start organizing the angry mob with the torches and pitchforks about early December.

(And I don't CARE he said its his "goal". Its loooong passed the "put up or shut up" stage)
    Goal? If we keep losing our programmers, then how the hell can they get any work done?

From what I hear they spend more time trying figure things out with the engine and with the new programmers then they do actually programming on it.

I'm not putting 2 cents of creditably anymore to what funcom says on the release date.

Most likely they have adopted this new programming theology where they make their developers worship the great god agile, studying the wondrous unit tests like they're the holy grail. They never get anything new done because they're too busy making tests that will break as soon as they make any meaningful change and will never manage to find a real bug which is what the tests are intended to find. All the while the executives and directors are sitting around with their thumbs somewhere undesirable feeling wonderful about all their ahem... accomplishments.
    Last edited by smokex; Mar 18th, 2013 at 21:29:03.
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

I start playing AO almost 8 years ago. I played mostly on RK1 but I had few characters on RK2 too and even on RK3. Let's face it the number of players/ activity on the servers was dropping constantly. I know at least 20 players who left and said they might be back when the long promised new graphic engine is going to come. I spoke with people which tried the game as a first MMORPG or after previous experience with other games (mostly WOW). Everyone of them said more or less "WTF is this old game?!" The first impression is exactly what it is: an old and outdated game! Unfortunately the good game idea is behind an outdated graphic engine and ... guess what: it's a VIDEO GAME... the video part matters ... A LOT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12