Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What happened this time?

Its probably VHAB's fault!!!! He left the debugger on from the first day and the logs keep filling up and crashing the server!!!!!
    Mashershade 220/30/70 Shade
    Capsaisin
    220/28/60ish NT
    Mashermasha 150/20/35ish Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Wiseman: When you removed the book from the cradle, did you speak the words?
    Ash: Yeah, basically.
    Wiseman: Did you speak the exact words?
    Ash: Look, maybe I didn't say every tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

Replace "Wiseman" with "Means" and "Ash" with "Kintaii" (and "speak the words" with "export your stuff") and you pretty much have every pre-patch conversation ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zally View Post
    I want to play if im paying for the game.. this is rediculious and they cant afford to give a free month of service to anyone or any free game time heh
    They're already strapped for cash.... don't think that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Maybe they don't even know what the problem is themselves!
    Obviously. There's a daily cycle over the last 5 days or so. Clearly the 4hr scramble fixes aren't working. I'd rather it be offline and under maintenance (knowing it's down) than come home to play & end up pissed off and disappointed...again

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    No, but then again, it's entirely possible the fault hasn't been found yet, I mean, why else would the problem still be happening?
    that is exactly what I was implying. They've used a lot of pr/dmg control verbs.

AO about to lose $1,500 a year in revenue... They are attempting to revamp the player base and game content by merging servers and creating graphics engines. The only thing they are succeeding at is destroying what is already a dead game. If you're gonna put some sh*t in my hand, at least don't try and tell me that you're working on making it smell better.

Without some degree of progress both on the tech side as well as managing the in-game balance of sides (Omni obviously being so far down on the totem pull compared to clan activity), my accounts wont be the only ones they lose.

P.S. Thanks for the server update on these amazingly helpful forums.

It's funny (and ironic) that I just renewed for a 3 month sub on my main account about 3 days before they did the merge. Would've waited another month had I known.

lala still no information.. going on 2 hours
    1/0 Adv

Kinda find it a bit odd there was no mention of the issues over the weekend in an FC thread....the silence seems telling
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

what is the time in FunCom land? (Im in EST almost 10pm now)

I am going to go watch TV. I am tired from humping my AO launcher. Be back later.....

*stumbles away, grumbling*
    Director of Black****e Trading Company
    [ http://black****e.proboards.com]
    Slavegoblin [211 Crat] Dreadgoblin [220 Enforcer]
    Goblinspit [220 Trader] Meangoblin [220 Shade]
    Spookgoblin [60 Agent] Jittergoblin [60 Fixer]
    Hellgoblin [25 Soldier] Goblinspits [12 Engineer]

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Kinda find it a bit odd there was no mention of the issues over the weekend in an FC thread....the silence seems telling
    Whats really got me concerned is that a dev is making forum posts about server issues. Things must be worse than we know...

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnedtoAO View Post
    what is the time in FunCom land? (Im in EST almost 10pm now)
    roughly the same as you +/- 2 hours

I think Vhab is the go between, i know the forum mods said they can't post things like that.

I guess its possible for some of the departing ao staff to have sabotaged certain things?!?!?! Highly improbable tho, ><

What do you expecct..

you got guys who are nothing more than ex players who thought they got an easy job when they got jobs with FC. this is what you get amatures doing profesionals jobs. would you let a patient who had been through 15 operations then take up a scalple and have a go at operating on you??
    Poisoned
    200 soldier

there are some professionals that are players so...

haven't we been here and done this already?

Is it possible to provide an ETA on getting the servers back up and also an ETA to permanently fix this (or at least to communicate what steps are being taken)? The downtime on 3/3 was really horrible in light of the other lag/server crashes that had already happened prior and were obviously not resolved completely.

It would be nice to understand that people have made plans with friends and such to raid/do an instance/do mish's/level and these ongoing issues are making the game disappointing and frustrating...the word "game" connotes a fun time...but...im not having any fun at the moment.

Honestly, if someone had said to us, we are looking at x, y, and z and probably for the next week we are going to have random downtimes that could last <insert time here> amt of hours...well at least that is something and sets our expectations and i think as a community, we would BACK YOU because we would like this done and done right. As it is, we keep having downtimes, we get on, and are like yipppeeeeeee they fixed it! ...and then crash and it's like oh w.t.f...

Is this fixable? Are there steps you are taking to permanently resolve this? When the servers go up again, are we good to go forward or will you expect more random server crashes like this one?

Thank you

You guys want some cheese with all that whine???

Don't confuse whining with pent-up aggression.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

this is actually a secret plan to get all the AO players over to the other FC games
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast