Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What happened this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    We wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
    With the 5 emergency/instability server downtimes we have had since 18.6.0 launched last week ... have you figured out what is causing all the crashes and lag? Are these issues being fixed with the 18.6.1 patch today?

Kinnik

I log every day still but never get anything done as I am unwilling to start any long quests etc until the server lag issues is found and fixed.

I can't even summon motivation to twink lowbie toons as the third party tools I relied on pre-merge to enable me to effectively track items across multiple accounts and inventories no longer work. (I appreciate this is not fc's immediate concern but the fact I and many others needed an Items Assistant has hardly been kept secret)

Hopefully all will be forgotten about in a few weeks but it would be nice to get things back on track and get back to actually playing

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    With the 5 emergency/instability server downtimes we have had since 18.6.0 launched last week ... have you figured out what is causing all the crashes and lag? Are these issues being fixed with the 18.6.1 patch today?

Kinnik

Top secret information, you'll need a G14 clearance to access it.

The restructure could have given Anarchy Online the axe, consider yourselves lucky...as bankruptcy does not care how many years you have invested in a game.

Be glad that they are actually trying to get work done in AO.

Maybe they had other things to do, and since AO is such a dinosaur when there was a moment, they hit the reset button. Taking a 15-20 minute break at work does not always fly when shi* needs to get done.

I know they have made their mistakes, but it's an old game, company going through restructure. Be glad you can PLAY the game or at least be glad you can even complain about it on their forums.

Otherwise, go outside.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Lucky. To pay for not being able to play...

Go push out that crap you have been holding in all day. 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    The restructure could have given Anarchy Online the axe, consider yourselves lucky...as bankruptcy does not care how many years you have invested in a game.

Be glad that they are actually trying to get work done in AO.

Maybe they had other things to do, and since AO is such a dinosaur when there was a moment, they hit the reset button. Taking a 15-20 minute break at work does not always fly when shi* needs to get done.

I know they have made their mistakes, but it's an old game, company going through restructure. Be glad you can PLAY the game or at least be glad you can even complain about it on their forums.

Otherwise, go outside.
    I'm sure we all sympathize with the janitor who is the guy left to run AO but c'mon.. Literally 3 mins before prime time tara, the biggest event by FAR to happen IG?

Instead of a 15 min warning, do a 20 and we'd have been fine. But nope.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Lucky. To pay for not being able to play...
    Yeah we're lucky to be paying. Funny how some ppl reason.

..snip..
    Whether it gets the axe or not remains to be seen. Let's face it, its an old game. If the decision to cut comes, which game do think will be on the block? Which sucks, because its better than both their other AAA titles combined.

Red face

Go push out that crap you have been holding in all day. 8p
    thanx i feel better now

i see patch option where play should be (click patch servers still down lolz )

Quote Originally Posted by Suicyder View Post
    pay to be screwed
    but ofc, otherwise the biish comes after me screaming about the money I "owe" her.
    I just tend to run faster then =)

... GSF plox
    Procrastinate Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    I'm sure we all sympathize with the janitor who is the guy left to run AO but c'mon.. Literally 3 mins before prime time tara, the biggest event by FAR to happen IG?

Instead of a 15 min warning, do a 20 and we'd have been fine. But nope.
    Couldnt agree more.
    Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    And now we have 90 ppl (a significant chunk of your playerbase) here who have waited for 1 friggin hour for tara and you can't wait another 10 mins to shut the server down?

Are you trying to piss ppl off intentionally or something?
    er mer gerd. you gotta pvp now when servers come back up. who would do that!

Damn ever since 18.6.0 I can't patch the game via the client, I have to find a manual download. Anybody has a download for 18.6.1 ?

I know its tough to wait, and be inconvenienced but these guys work hard. Ive known a few over the years and Im going to not be negative and say thank yo to them! Especially Vhab! I understand he's leaving but it seems he's trying hard to fix some of these issues so I thank him

(Disclaimer: None of the previous mentioned comments were in anyway meant to be flaming, trolling, FC negative, player negative or incentive to start a riot. No more infractions need be issued as comments above was intended and directed to be innocent comments.)
    Last edited by Cariadast; Mar 6th, 2013 at 23:52:54.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Imonfire1 View Post
    Damn ever since 18.6.0 I can't patch the game via the client, I have to find a manual download. Anybody has a download for 18.6.1 ?
    ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches/AOPa...18.6.1_EP1.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    I know its tough to wait, and be inconvenienced but these guys work hard. Ive known a few over the years and Im going to not be negative and say thank yo to them! Especially Vhab! I understand he's leaving but it seems he's trying hard to fix some of these issues so I thank him

(Disclaimer: None of the previous mentioned comments were in anyway meant to be flaming, trolling, FC negative, player or incentive to start a riot. No more infractions be issued as comment above was intended and directed to be an innocent comment.)
    Thank you, but I won't take credit for this
    Our people in operations and Macrosun have been working the weekend and evenings to deal with these issues.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Kinnik
    The optimist in me says it's from secret patching that will allow transition to new engine, small things like shiny new meshes on reets not playing well with other critters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonzo View Post
    I can't even summon motivation to twink lowbie toons as the third party tools I relied on pre-merge to enable me to effectively track items across multiple accounts and inventories no longer work. (I appreciate this is not fc's immediate concern but the fact I and many others needed an Items Assistant has hardly been kept secret)
    It's also no secret FC has NEVER endorsed such 3rd party programs that may or may not VIOLATE THE EULA and could be cause for account ban. So be happy you had it while you did. If it is so hard to remember you keep your ql50 twink imps on the same toon maybe AO is a little advanced for you or you could I guess WRITE IT DOWN ON PAPER. So quit crying and do some push ups.

Servers are down the sky is falling it's the end of the world!!! I'd rather have a week or 2 of them getting the fixes and bugs all taken care of instead of it being a lingering problem months from now. Also on a more positive note, the fact that they are FIXING the bugs daily would suggest AO is not thrown on a back burner to be forgotten and someone or somebodies are paying attention to it daily.

So please instead of 12 pages or rage quit QQ, im sure some of the posters could find something constructive to do with server down time like...maybe take a shower, get some sunlight and vitamin C on your pasty skin, perhaps allow your favorite gaming chair time to air out some, sleep to get rid of the bags under your eyes, eat something that doesnt come from a drive through window, do a load of laundry, wash your dishes, or clean that ring from around your tub.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast