Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sector42 bot

Sector42 bot

Greetings.
    I will not take a big portion of your valuable time, just want to inform people that the "sector42" bot we used at rimor is now online and fully functional in the new server, and we will try to continue running sector 42 raids through it. We are hoping to see you all in our opening raid today (05/03) at roughly 19:30 gmt (every lucky 20th customer wins a spiritual bot). No it is not a multi-bot, no it is not a side-only bot, we do not want (well,me at least) to bot-rule the world (tears for fears classics), it is just that...a sector42 apf raidbot (go figure), open to participants from all factions. Sadly, it still has me in it, dunno if that's a good thing but i can go away you know.
    Please visit our forum @ https://sec42.net/index.php and me,zacix,mireiawen,docleanne etc will answer any questions you might have as this bulletin board has a unique tendency to get out of track within 2 posts and i get easily confused nowadays.
    Take care of yourselves.
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Thanks for the update.

I had 12 points in the old bot and I was working hard on getting my first S42 ACDC (I'm in aussie time zone, have 2 kids and wife+job) so I hardly ever get to raid it.

Will you be keeping points, ie. carry over? or will it be clean slate... in which case it might take me another 6 years to get my first ACDC.

If you had followed the instructions pre-merge on keeping points, that should carry over once mire gets around to it.

Have faith in the bot, I'm in same timezone, albeit without wife and kids, and have been waking up early to raid it and have a few ACDCs to show for it when i never thought i would ever see one on any of my toons
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

I sent a tell and registered before merge but my points didnt carry over. Would like to see this fixed.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

the only thing i didnt like was that u forced ppl to register on your site just to have more accounts (didnt had anything to do with the points, you can transfer points with or without having an account there)
    i didnt register there because imo it was useless... if i still have the points i will continue to use your bot.... if i lost them, well, i'll just use tnet then

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    I sent a tell and registered before merge but my points didnt carry over. Would like to see this fixed.
    QFT, same here. Was "close" to having enough points to potentially win an ACDC.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Points are being manually transferred over, you have to be patient, if you didn't follow the instructions pre-merge and your name didn't get changed, try talking to mire and he may be able to help you get your points back.

I sent a tell to mire pre-merge, but he was always offline so I'm not sure if he read it or not.
    I'll be patient in any event as I won't be in game much over the next week or two as I have a mountain of work to get through currently.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

If you had followed instructions pre-merge and created account on s42 forums, etc, then you need to go to s42 forums again and do the after-merge process which is basically just creating a new message with name of your main so mire can verify you still have your main name(and it hasn't been stolen by a rk1er!!) and you should get your points back. This is assuming that you had verified yourself with mire pre-merge
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

yay, my forum account that has been active since the forums launched for S42 is no longer available for login :/

So this is a bot for sector 42 or am I mistaken?

It is indeed a bot for Sector 42.
    /tell Sector42 !join

Our launch raid was a success, and my good old friend the Artillery Commander welcomed me in the new server with 2 300 spirituals for old times sake. My record is 3, but what the hell, 4 out of 4 can't be far off (told you i should go away).
    We had a bit of "tension in the ranks" pre launch about the points, but by the decision of the 50+ people who joined after the raid was over, including people who had points on rk2 new people from rk1 etc, the points will stay and that is final. So ehm, if anyone joined at the start of the raid while the "debate was raging" and left with the impression points would be wiped that is no longer the case, please spread the word if you can/care.
    @waki and other like users. Try create new profile in the forum and make a post in the https://sec42.net/viewforum.php?f=14 section, mire will see it and restore your points.
    mire who is great, awesome, and uber-benevolent. aren't you mire ?
    Last edited by kindabored; Mar 6th, 2013 at 10:09:56. Reason: forgot suck up to mire
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Bah, don't have access to that part of the forums with my username Wakizaka.
    It seems I was an idiot, and thought it was still the same 42 forums as the old days where I did have an account
    Any chance you can grant me access to that section so I can post ?

@Waki
    The problem is that you haven't verified your account. You should receive an email you need to confirm before you get access.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

My account was verified, and I can't see that forum either. Obviously my name didn't change with merge so any way I can have my points transferred?

@Zacix: I verified the account already from the token emailed to me, and I have access to the basic forums, but not that specific forum unfortunately. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    the only thing i didnt like was that u forced ppl to register on your site just to have more accounts
    that was not the reason imho. but with server merge character ID's and also some character names changed. to verify for 100% that you are you after the merge, a registratioin was necessary with your old mainchar name as forum nickname, so you can tell mire your new mainchar name after the merge, in case it has changed, and to be sure no one can abuse your name and steal your points...

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    if i still have the points i will continue to use your bot.... if i lost them, well, i'll just use tnet then
    that, of course, is your free decision. no one forces you to use "sector42" bot, ans also you dont need to register on the its forum jet to join raids.

to topic:

i did join yesterday (5th march) and after a big long discussion we gave it a try to just run a s42 raid. it all worked well, and after the raid i heared many voices of rk2 with 0 points and also rk1 players that tried out this bot. most of what i heard have been pleased with this raidbot and its loot distribution system.
    the ones wich saved their points will spend them really fast (as i did and won acdc yesterday), and all the new will probably save theirs, so in another 3-4 raids, there will be no one with high points anymore. and the new people end up with already 12-15.

at this time, right now, it is more easy to join sector42 and win stuff than a month or two in the past, when only you yourself start with 0 and all the rest of playerbase has about 20-30....
    just think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    @Zacix: I verified the account already from the token emailed to me, and I have access to the basic forums, but not that specific forum unfortunately. :/
    Could you check if you have access now please
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    My account was verified, and I can't see that forum either. Obviously my name didn't change with merge so any way I can have my points transferred?
    You can try too now
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast