Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraid - Multifaction raiding

Got the same.
    But it's nice to see that Iraid is back

And to the ones that don't like the point system. Don't join. It's as simple as that.
    No one is forcing you to join
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Iraid helps a lot of people get what they need, and honestly I have seen Envy's go for 1 point, and a lot of other stuff too. One advantage, as mentioned before, is that there are loads of people experienced on the bot, doing the raids frequently, so for newbies you can join in and get a few trinkets, really cheap, along the way to your real goals.

So you won't get a BoC on your first raid, good things come to those that are willing to put the effort in. Even I got one in the end, and I am what can be best described as a fair weather raider. I am 1 less toon you have bidding against you, there are hundreds more out there.

Step up, join in, help make the raids happen and be fun and quick for all and you will soon get what you need.

+1 for the Iraid team and raid leaders.
    Tron04 220/30/60 Fixer
    Yrion 150/20/15 Crat
    Jasper2002 220/23/60 Nanomage Fixer
    Heelzjoo Baby Doc - still growing

With RK2 there was no public raid bot system other than 42. Teams were formed based on your org, friends list or the randoms you found on lft. Also, it is very easy to gain points in iraid.

The downside is that it has some annoying newbish rules and (if they haven't changed it) it takes forever to roll items. For example, do a full pande raid and once you kill beast it takes about 20-30 minutes to roll all items (this is including symbs).

You sort of take the bad with the good.

Also, this group does real pande and ipande, so double pande raids ftw.
    Last edited by MachSchau; Mar 5th, 2013 at 00:10:34.

New bot comes with mass auction, also comes with predefined loot lists, well pande loot is a bit tricky though since all the pande bosses have all huge loot tables. However a leader just picks the loot from the category "pande boss xxx loot" adds it to the loot list and starts the auction.

Though there are a few kinks to consider, because its a multi auction users have to think twise about what they want to buy. Lets say there are two items you want.

Account balance: 250 points.
    Items: BoC and Lust.
    Scenario: you want both.

You bid 100 points for lust, as long as you lead the auction for lust even though you lead the auction at 50 points the 100 points that is your max bid will be locked. Leaving you with 150 points to put as max bid for BoC.

However will explain this in much more detail once bot is raid ready.
    Last edited by Dochere; Mar 5th, 2013 at 13:16:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Joulette View Post
    Points are not that hard to come by once Iraid is up and running. A week of raids (one raid a day) will give you more than 60 points. Also, those who already have points, already have items they won't be bidding on. So that makes it a non-issue from our viewpoint.
    So why not reset the points? There's no reason that RK2 should have to make them regardless of how easy you claim it is. If it's so easy for RK2 to catch up shouldn't RK1 be just as willing to reclaim their points?

Why not reset points when a new person joins? It's unfair otherwise.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

We can stop discuss reset points, because that's not going to happen. Not to mention points on iraid have never been a issue.

Oh on a side note we discussed a bit around the topic of auctions. New bot will use a blind vickery approach. Which means that people send their bid to the bot, as auction end the top bidder will pay the price the next top bidder was willing to pay. Similar to before, however you wont know the result before the auction ends whether or not you won.

This means several things. Less tells back and forth from bot to users, this have been a real issue in the past, in a real pande scenario this could actually mean that the tells being sent to the bot because of the large raid force it meant that the bot could not handle all the "person a leads with x points" "you were overbid" "your leading the auction" and so on would just kill it when there were a few hundred such tells in matter of 60 seconds.

It also makes it possible for us to reduce the time auctions have taken!

I assume we will see a bare fraction the amount of tells with the new approach, also because of the new way of bidding you will be given a prediction of winning the auction based on history of the given item. As well as opt out if you missbid or figured you wanted another item more.
    Last edited by Dochere; Mar 5th, 2013 at 13:12:36.

Iraid will be more efficient!

Yay! I love that Iraid will be more efficient during auctions. Simpler system means more time for raiding and less time spent waiting on auctions to complete. I think this is a real plus for everyone.

Iraid is getting it's finishing touches today and tomorrow to make it raid testable. Watch for those test raids beginning sometime this weekend!
    Joulette 220 Doctor
    Jouwanna 220 Enforcer

President of Fusion
    www.ao-fusion.com

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Also, this group does real pande and ipande, so double pande raids ftw.
    Panda Pande's were fun leading <3 ... and stop calling my panda fat

Oh and hint hint, raffle raids.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Why not reset points when a new person joins? It's unfair otherwise.
    I'm from RK2 and I can only agree. Everyone from RK2 is no different than a new person from RK1 joining any of RK1s bots, and you would never think of asking everyone to reset their points, in their own bot, just because you want to join.

Would resetting points make RK1 bots get more participation from RK2ers? Obviously. And it would probably drop participation from RK1ers too, so I stick with my first point and disregard the incentive it would be for more people to join.

Welcome Seoin!

I hope you'll come give Iraid a spin once things are rolling again. We do have a lot of fun!
    Joulette 220 Doctor
    Jouwanna 220 Enforcer

President of Fusion
    www.ao-fusion.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    New bot comes with mass auction, also comes with predefined loot lists, well pande loot is a bit tricky though since all the pande bosses have all huge loot tables. However a leader just picks the loot from the category "pande boss xxx loot" adds it to the loot list and starts the auction.
    An ideato help with this that would make an RL's job 10x easier is for someone to make loot/auction tool specifically for the job.. Something of a cross between AOItemAssistant and the old Xyphos loot tool..

Opening a mob would automatically capture the loot table and write out a script/macro..
    The macro could be named /loottable %t (Remains of The Beast) ..
    And the script would contain a bot command to add each item to an auction list !loot add <link to item>\n !loot add <link to item> .. etc and maybe start the auction too..

You'd need a coder (probably C++) to put it together for you, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.. AOiA is open source and I think most of the code is probably in there already..

Make it more configerable and perhaps any raiders could use it for any content.. Instead of !auction, use !random..

Nice little project if anyone's got some free time.. Demoder?
    Quote Originally Posted by randymp View Post
    you have caught on .... Fc does nothing to attract and or keep players, just about every decision they have made recently has been a ploy to drive people away.

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    An ideato help with this that would make an RL's job 10x easier is for someone to make loot/auction tool specifically for the job.. Something of a cross between AOItemAssistant and the old Xyphos loot tool..

Opening a mob would automatically capture the loot table and write out a script/macro..
    The macro could be named /loottable %t (Remains of The Beast) ..
    And the script would contain a bot command to add each item to an auction list !loot add <link to item>\n !loot add <link to item> .. etc and maybe start the auction too..

You'd need a coder (probably C++) to put it together for you, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.. AOiA is open source and I think most of the code is probably in there already..

Make it more configerable and perhaps any raiders could use it for any content.. Instead of !auction, use !random..

Nice little project if anyone's got some free time.. Demoder?
    I'd love to, but my plate is already more than full.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Fantastic news. Best raid bot around. Points system is soooo much better than random rolls / loot order. It guarantees that, if you raid long enough, you will get absolutely everything you need. There are some raiders with BoCs on 5-6 chars. With a flat roll system you could raid for 6 months without receiving the item you want, Iraid you generally get an item once a week I found and could save for a BoC in 4-6weeks.

Any idea when the bot will be making an appearance? I notice it has been offline the last few days.

Defrag
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

I am making a lot of progress, since we have changed the bot framework from VhaBot to Bot# (Bot-Sharp) i had to write an entire raiding framework, some kinks to iron out however the bot is almost ready, i mean it should be capable of running its first raid later today! Most likely i will run the first few raid myself in case any bugs are to arise during the raid.

As for the bot being offline is that the initial version are being coded directly and not though a test environment. However once the bot can run raids all development there-on-forth will happen in a test environment before it's updated on the iraid bot.
    Last edited by Dochere; Mar 6th, 2013 at 09:06:43.

Hi, will Iraid be active anytime soon? I'm missing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeher View Post
    Hi, will Iraid be active anytime soon? I'm missing it...
    Hi Tradeher!

We are very close to start up as normal again, we have been running test raids past few days, and now its mostly cosmetic changes left.

Because the new bot is not exactly the same as old bot its worth checking out /tell iraid !faq and /tell iraid !news

Quote Originally Posted by Joulette View Post
    All current points will be restored on a manual basis. Please contact me directly via email: Joulette.Iraid@gmail.com for assistance with points issues. Be sure to include the name of main character and all active alts listed on the account. This allows us to track our progress and ensure your points have been properly recorded for you. You will receive a reply email once your points are available.
    I sent an email to that address like 2 weeks ago, are you still doing this?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I sent an email to that address like 2 weeks ago, are you still doing this?
    Hi Autohead, do /tell iraid !faq 21 i myself do not have direct access to the mailaccount mentioned in joulettes post which is why we came up with a webform you fill inn instead.

Hmm okay, will check that, thanks.

Another complicating matter could possibly be that I think my keeper was listed as my main in Iraid because that was the first character I joined with...and when I came back I did a breed change and name change. lol
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast