Thread: Be careful where you apply your city voucher.

Be careful where you apply your city voucher.

Just an FYI

If you aren't aware there are 2 "zone" areas in ICC intended for the use of your city voucher. Be careful not to apply your voucher to the CC in Serenity Island as it will take the voucher, but does seem to also take 500,00,000 from you/your org as well.

Waiting on a confirmation of this from FC dev/tech. Will update to see if they rectify it.

not true.. using the voucher on the City controller.. does NOT take 500m from you or org bank.. I had no problems of the likes when I created my new city. In fact my toon only had 40m on her and maybe 60m in the org bank at start... and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Slucckitt View Post
    not true.. using the voucher on the City controller.. does NOT take 500m from you or org bank.. I had no problems of the likes when I created my new city. In fact my toon only had 40m on her and maybe 60m in the org bank at start... and finish.
    Before you announce that its "not true" you MIGHT ask WHY I posted this!!

IT did ours Sluck. How do we know? because we did inventory BEFORE the merger and directly after. We had over 1B in the bank... now we have slightly over 500M.

As stated, its being looked at, however there is nothing wrong with warning people.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 19:16:30.

just petition then....we also made city in serenity island...its all good!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Funcom employee

Buying cities with either credits or voucher does not charge from your org bank.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Yeah, I have only accidently bought city with toon credits on test live when I applied the voucher before having the correct screen open on CC.

There are two zones for large cities though, Serenity Islands and Montroyal ... both work and have the same number of buildable plots ... Serenity has more small social spots to build social stuff on.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Buying cities with either credits or voucher does not charge from your org bank.
    thank you Vhab. We'll add that to the email then.

Dont listen to them cariadast .
    Thanks for posting this dont know if its something wrong with the CC or something has happend within ur org but its nice that someone would take the time to post warnings .. and for that i thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    Im not here to argue with any of you. I know what we had, and what happened. Period. I'll wait until I hear back to post more.
    I hope FC can fix it, and find the glitch. I personally know that things that "can't happen" sometimes do. The weirdest thing that's ever happened to me was deleting a backpack from inside my bank, and having a backpack from my inventory disappear at the same time. It happened to me twice. Both times a very nice GM was able to replace my backpack contents. And now, I never delete a backpack from inside my bank, just in case. So yeah, sometimes weird things happen.

Did you also do /org bank just prior and after buying the city with that thing? Or were the credits lost elsewhere.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Masta,

That I honestly can not say. It's possible. I know we checked right after the merge to ensure that all the Org money was present, and we opened the city the next or there abouts. Thank you for asking though.

Alrighty, after a detailed accounting of what occurred was sent to FC and it being looked into and the situation determined, FC did indeed find just cause to refund us the 500M and the voucher.

We aren't sure how it happened but apparently the creds were refunded on the president's toon, though I still swear it was the bank itself... but I guess FC said they came from the president character, or perhaps they couldn't be returned to our bank, so that's what they did. They didnt give a lot of details. We didn't expect them to, so I'm not sure on that..

But after roughly 4-5 days FC determined that something had happened beyond our control and refunding both the creds and voucher was warranted. All we really asked for was one or the other, but it was nice they did what they did.

We are now trying to decide what to do... Small seems obnoxiously too small (in that you can't get all the buildings you need to run an Org and raid etc), and Large is just plain...gluttony! LoL

And thank you all for your kind words.

I must admit, after the initial negative comments and my telling the one guy off (or however you want to look at it), I determined that I wasn't posting on forums ever again. It’s the same reason I stopped years ago...vicious people who have to build themselves up by tearing others down…

I haven't been back to visit the forums since I posted this....So, it was nice to see some positive questions and comments for a change. It was much appreciated. Somewhat renewed my faith in the AO community.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 10th, 2013 at 15:39:49. Reason: questioning moderation