Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Servers down again?

At least someone from FC learned from the previous server down flame threads to attempt to act sincere and apologetic.

Now just need to work on responsiveness. Saw a post from org almost an hour before that. I know it's the weekend, but I'm sure their IRC was blowing up when the issue first came up.

Good thing it's a nice sunny day and the Red Wings are playing the Blackhawks because I have other things to do (2nd intermission though - sadness).
    Last edited by Ruffixx; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 20:14:08.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

I was wondering. iirc year or two ago FC annouced that servers were changed to support current playerbase, so they were downgraded for costs optimalization. Now, after merge, we have twice players which were active and twice much because of resubs. Maybe servers can't handle this? Dont know, but its weird and uncommon.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I was wondering. iirc year or two ago FC annouced that servers were changed to support current playerbase, so they were downgraded for costs optimalization. Now, after merge, we have twice players which were active and twice much because of resubs. Maybe servers can't handle this? Dont know, but its weird and uncommon.
    they confirmed that the new server should handle all the current playerbase + more because it is supposedly more modern and powerful than the late two servers combined
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Is nice to know they are working on it. Vhab's post was first ive heard since these problems started. This is understandable. A merger is no small task. Anyone who has ran servers should understand. There is many things that could be contributing. All the name changes and everything could be jamming up log files etc. And there is way to many people trying to log in at one time. Might need to upgrade some hardeware to. Who knows. But i have faith they will fix it. They just need us to be patient

The Dimension you want to play on is down at the moment, Please try to connect later.
    What the hell is going on ? Wanted to play a bit with my fr00b toon, take a look into the game again and see if it's worth reactivating my frozen main. Well it seems not worth it atm :-/
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Seems like our nature here in AO (and I am no exception) is to:
    - Criminalize the behavior we don't like then
    - Ask Funcom to remove said behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Borsky View Post
    I just like how they've got plenty of peeps available to mod the forums within 30 seconds of a post being made, but they cant get anyone to change launcher, or make a post in server notices.
    ARKs moderate the forums, we don't change the launcher or make posts in server notices.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

no updates is because they are working on fixin the problem. I am glad they are not spending time posting. And he is right. ARK does most of forums stuff

El's Log
    Day 3 after server merge

Everyone seems to be on edge today with the server down time. I can't help but feel as though I'm slowly incorporating myself with them and their thoughts. I've been awake for the last 2 hours on my single day off this week and have not been able to complete what I had planned. I, like most others, have a life outside of our fictional universe known only as AO but I try and make time to hop on to chat with friends and complete projects that have been in the works for weeks. Today, I had planned to complete the dreaded Scheol quest line so my agent could have super agility/sense super powers. Alas, it does not look as though this will happen. I will be stuck with waiting until next Sunday only to have my ambitions shattered yet again by the aging hamsters that drive our 11 year old MMO. One must ask themselves at these times as to why do we keep coming back? Everyone that has played this game for longer than 5 years has taken a year long vacation here or there only to be drawn in at some random time. Some are drawn back in by Anarchy's unique stat based system while others are drawn back in by the social aspect. Recently I returned to the game so I could experience the satisfaction of finishing a twink project but was met with a welcome surprise. Friends. All those that had packed their bags previously had also just returned to the game and once more I felt at home... reunited once again. The nights got longer and longer as we bantered and laughed amongst ourselves. These were good times. I sometimes compare playing AO to working a horrible job. You can't stand what you're doing but you end up staying simply due to the relationships that you have forged. Unfortunately, there are breaking points for everything and with the anticipated server merge turning out to be a colossal failure, in my opinion, one can't help but wonder when it's time to finally move on...

Forever disappointed,
    El
    Last edited by Elnino; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 20:44:15.
    There are 2 rules in life that one must follow to succeed.

1) Don't tell people everything you know.

Quote Originally Posted by dajj View Post
    why not
    Because that's not my job.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I will never quite AO. Is best MMo in my opinion. I absolutely love the unique character building.I am addicted to twinking. I wiould be surprised if i ever found a MMO i enjoyed as much

Obvious post: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604368

Time to go consultant mode:
    1: Issues?
    ** These aren't issues, but problems, people can't play while you still charge for hours and hours people aren't able to play ( this is the 3rd day with instability in a row and we lost a day on the merge itself! ).

2: We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
    ** This line has been copy+pastes so often people will get sick of it. Instead of asking people their understanding, understand your paying customers. They want something in return for all the times stuff has happened in the past and especially for everything in the past week.

3: The removal of XML playerlist
    ** This is a huge letdown for the botusing-community (so almost every player in Anarchy online). I think I used !whois more than any other command on my orgbot. Let stand the commands !history and others that relied on this information. Keeping track of who you want to invite to your org and not will be impossible this way, since we can't track their character ID's normally anymore and see if they renamed a toon we don't want in raids or orgs!
    Removing this function is just another blow to the community of Anarchy Online, of a game which already a lot of people lost faith in. Some have returned, but instability and removal of usefull features won't help.

4:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    ARKs moderate the forums, we don't change the launcher or make posts in server notices.
    ** I can understand this. BUT how is the informative communication between ARKs and the development team? I think this can use improvement so we users know what is going on!
    Even a nice page with server status for gameserver/chatserver/GMI-server would be a huge improvement (link it in the launcher and it's awesome).

I will stop consultant mode for now, could have written far more....
    Be smart, use your communities information and demands!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elnino View Post
    El's Log
    Day 3 after server merge

Everyone seems to be on edge today with the server down time. I can't help but feel as though I'm slowly incorporating myself with them and their thoughts. I've been awake for the last 2 hours on my single day off this week and have not been able to complete what I had planned. I, like most others, have a life outside of our fictional universe known only as AO but I try and make time to hop on to chat with friends and complete projects that have been in the works for weeks. Today, I had planned to complete the dreaded Scheol quest line so my agent could have super agility/sense super powers. Alas, it does not look as though this will happen. I will be stuck with waiting until next Sunday only to have my ambitions shattered yet again by the aging hamsters that drive our 11 year old MMO. One must ask themselves at these times as to why do we keep coming back? Everyone that has played this game for longer than 5 years has taken a year long vacation here or there only to be drawn in at some random time. Some are drawn back in by Anarchy's unique stat based system while others are drawn back in by the social aspect. Recently I returned to the game so I could experience the satisfaction of finishing a twink project but was met with a welcome surprise. Friends. All those that had packed their bags previously had also just returned to the game and once more I felt at home... reunited once again. The nights got longer and longer as we bantered and laughed amongst ourselves. These were good times. I sometimes compare playing AO to working a horrible job. You can't stand what you're doing but you end up staying simply due to the relationships that you have forged. Unfortunately, there are breaking points for everything and with the anticipated server merge turning out to be a colossal failure, in my opinion, one can't help but wonder when it's time to finally move on...

Forever disappointed,
    El
    *shrugs*
    Have nothing to say there.... or add...
    Last edited by Suicyder; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 20:51:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicyder View Post
    4:
    ** I can understand this. BUT how is the informative communication between ARKs and the development team? I think this can use improvement so we users know what is going on!
    Even a nice page with server status for gameserver/chatserver/GMI-server would be a huge improvement (link it in the launcher and it's awesome).

I will stop consultant mode for now, could have written far more....
    Be smart, use your communities information and demands!!
    ARKs and Devs have some roads of communication (clearly, as Vhab is our volunteer supervisor for this), however, ARKs don't step outside their own spheres of work to usurp the work of paid employees. Its not my place to tell you what's happening, because I don't KNOW what's happening. I know things related to my work. This is not in my Need to Know pile.

Also, I have removed, flaming, trolling, personal attacks, questioning moderation, CS abuse, spam, music videos, and generally pointless posts. On topic posts, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by dajj View Post
    why not
    Because ARKs are unpaid volenteer players...

ie. You and me...

They do what they can to help, and leave the work to the paid employees.

An ARKs main job is to stop us from getting too close to the GMs with usless crap questions like these, so that they can actually DO some work!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

I'm fully aware that you're just a volunteer with certain tasks and have no access to edit the launcher or fix this problem. But are you saying no FC employees are online working at the problem, or do you just mean they lack skills for changing the login screen and tell us what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Because ARKs are unpaid volenteer players...

ie. You and me...

They do what they can to help, and leave the work to the paid employees.

An ARKs main job is to stop us from getting too close to the GMs with usless crap questions like these, so that they can actually DO some work!
    Agreed.

Ever thought of applying for a job in Funcom's 'Customer Service Department', Anarrina? You do spend quite a lot of time talking to us players
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

ARKs and Devs have some roads of communication (clearly, as Vhab is our volunteer supervisor for this), however, ARKs don't step outside their own spheres of work to usurp the work of paid employees. Its not my place to tell you what's happening, because I don't KNOW what's happening. I know things related to my work. This is not in my Need to Know pile.

Also, I have removed, flaming, trolling, personal attacks, questioning moderation, CS abuse, spam, music videos, and generally pointless posts. On topic posts, please.
    I appreciate your effort to keep the forums clean (it is neccesary). Especially when people make 100 different topic about the same.

But I do think ARKs should get a bigger role in communication process, even if it just was trying to help us get that 'server status' page I spoke about or just pass on usefull posts to the Development team/Game Director.

Good luck moderating till the servers are back up

I thought there was a server status? its up on the top of the forums. or do you mean like a page that shows like a green light is running..red light its down?

Quote Originally Posted by Dormikum View Post
    I'm fully aware that you're just a volunteer with certain tasks and have no access to edit the launcher or fix this problem. But are you saying no FC employees are online working at the problem, or do you just mean they lack skills for changing the login screen and tell us what's going on?
    Take your pick, which would you like them to do first?
    Get the server back up and sorted as quick as possible so we can go about our dailies and gank fests in bor?
    Or log onto a completely different system, probably in a completely different office and write us a letter?

Yes, ok, some note of what is going on would be nice, but I'd rather be in the dark about it and get it fixed than know all about the ins and outs of what's going tits up and not get it fixed...

By the way, do you think Vhab runs the server room? Do you think any GM runs the server room? How about the ARKs?
    No, the server room will be run by tech guys that have little or nothing to do with AO.

Right now, those Devs that are on call will be looking into this to see if it's a code thing, and the server techs will be looking into it to see if it's a server problem...

The GMs/Devs/ARKs aren't going to know what the techs are doing because they're not going to be on the phone giving the GMs a blow by blow...

Leave them to it, and let them get on with it, and then hopefully after the server is back up we'll get some notification of what nerfed up.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast