Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Servers down again?

One toon finally made it out of the shop ... but LD'd toon can not log back in ...

Kinnik

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Spandelero View Post
    You get what you pay for. :P
    Unfortunately I'm one of the losers with a monthly sub.

Quote Originally Posted by princess-daria View Post
    Unfortunately I'm one of the losers with a monthly sub.
    actually you pay more than others that sub for a year so you should get more :P

Alright enough, this has gotten beyond ridiculous. A daily occurrence.

Any other company that let something get this out of hand causing extreme inconveniences on a daily basis like this to people would offer something big in compensation. Say a free months sub.

But we all know FC doesnt know what customer service is. They feel fine to screw us over so bad with nothing more then a fake "sorry for the inconvenience". Lousy....

Has there been any "official" announcement yet? The last two days it has taken a couple of hours just to get a confirmation they are aware -
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I had a response on my bugreport from Vhab saying 'we are aware of this'
    Last edited by Suicyder; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 19:17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Has there been any "official" announcement yet? The last two days it has taken a couple of hours just to get a confirmation they are aware -
    Until they know what is happening, I doubt they want to say anything. :P
    Span

I just like how they've got plenty of peeps available to mod the forums within 30 seconds of a post being made, but they cant get anyone to change launcher, or make a post in server notices.

Doubt they had to pull anyone in :P they don't just switch off the lights, and go home, and hope everything is intact on monday when they come back in.. lol not how game servers work, not at least with mmo companies.

Anyrate, at least put the typical "Servers are down, we are working to fix this issue as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience". Could at least put the typical copy/paste HR stuff up.. lol especially since its been down for well over 30 mins. Well I've got stuff to do... hopefully the servers are back on in a few hours :P

Edit Ohh! was able to enter account info in and log in, but can't log in characters yet...
    Last edited by wethepeople; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 19:30:03.

Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

quote:

Please stop opening new posts about the same thing. If you want to post about the server down there are two threads already. We don't need more.

Then please post what is happening with servers .....

Kinnik

Really?

Once again, we are down, no notifications, no acknowledgement, no ETA, no apology, no announcement...... YET .... you sure are all over forum moderation and deleting what you deem 'redundant' threads. Perhaps, and I know this is a GIANT stretch, but perhaps if you TOLD your customers what was happening in the proper section that YOU created (SERVERS Section), I bet 90% of the posters would not even bother posting.

Stop blaming your customers for multiple threads. Start taking ownership as a company and comminicate to your customers. This is your answer to control the outbreak of multiple threads. Being yelled at for posting on the status of the servers is an insult ontop of an insult.

If you are unsure I am making sense... Please google the two words "Customer Service".

I agree with that 100% ^ but perhaps they don't even know yet, however... they should be putting it on the launcher that the game is experiencing difficulties and is currently offline with typical copy/paste sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I agree with that 100% ^ but perhaps they don't even know yet, however... they should be putting it on the launcher that the game is experiencing difficulties and is currently offline with typical copy/paste sorry for the inconvenience.
    Them not knowing would actually be more of an issue than not saying anything. 3 straight days of this - heck, at my company I would have been told on Friday night to ome to work and babysit the damn servers/application.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Goblinspit View Post
    Once again, we are down, no notifications, no acknowledgement, no ETA, no apology, no announcement...... YET .... you sure are all over forum moderation and deleting what you deem 'redundant' threads. Perhaps, and I know this is a GIANT stretch, but perhaps if you TOLD your customers what was happening in the proper section that YOU created (SERVERS Section), I bet 90% of the posters would not even bother posting.

Stop blaming your customers for multiple threads. Start taking ownership as a company and comminicate to your customers. This is your answer to control the outbreak of multiple threads. Being yelled at for posting on the status of the servers is an insult ontop of an insult.

If you are unsure I am making sense... Please google the two words "Customer Service".
    Threads are being closed down by ARKs who are volunteers with no insight or imapact on what's going on in FC offices. Their (unpaid) job is to moderate forums and some other related stuff so I wouldnt blame them for doing their job and not giving us an answer to this issue as they know about as much as we do atm.
    Last edited by Scottik; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 19:40:08.

This is outrageous
    Same thing three days in a row. Haven't you learned nothing from past experiences?

No communication. No compansation. No nothing.

Funcom, wake up! It's time to realise you're in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Threads are being closed down by ARKs who are volunteers with no insight or imapact on what's going on in FC offices. Their (unpaid) job is to moderate forums and some other related stuff so I wouldnt blame them for doing their job and being unable to answer this issue as they know about as much as we do atm.
    While I'm sure they are aware of the issues, they do their job well. They aren't supposed to be answering your questions or solving your issues. They are just trying to maintain some control, point people to already established posts, and ensure the forum rules are followed. They aren't closing our posts for any other reason than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    While I'm sure they are aware of the issues, they do their job well. They aren't supposed to be answering your questions or solving your issues. They are just trying to maintain some control, point people to already established posts, and ensure the forum rules are followed. They aren't closing our posts for any other reason than that.
    That's what I was saying:P

Since we have some time, these are great if you haven't watched them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0FSW6fqf0&NR=1

Pretty horrible communication about this topic.

A simple "servers are down - gtfo!" would work. They we would at least know they knew and didn't care about it.

The big empty sound of *CRICKETS* on launcher and forums is quite bad. Not exactly great experience for users who dont see forums.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast