Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinders saga

"Got one!! Dragging it with us!"

Gun sticks the scope over the edge of the wahdi. Yep, here they come. Tersely, he orders, "Get ready". Three teams of Pathfinders prepare to go over the lip. Gun spots Aerya as she and her Reform Team preform a fighting withdrawal. Hovering over them is an Alien Scoutship, pumping out Aliens as fast as it could from its teleporter. Gun watches as one luckless Reform member is pounced on by 4 Aliens and torn apart.

Gun comms her, "Little closer, get it next to the wall."

Aerya and the remants of her Team put their backs to the wall below the Pathfinders and stage a heroic and desparate defense. Alien reinforcements constantly teleporting in and swarming them. The Scoutship hovers over them, just within reach of the PF troops.

Gun stands up, "GO!"

The Pathfinders fling a titanium net over the Scoutship, then jump ONTO the ship...driving it into the sand. The Scoutship bounces, stunned, and is again driven into the sand. The dismounted scouts, momentarily confused, go into a frenzy, trying to free the ship. A whirling melee breaks out. The Allied troops trying to keep the Scoutship on the ground and unable to t'port more aliens, the aliens trying to free the Scoutship, and the Scoutship itself just trying to get away.

Gun and Aerya throw a black hood over what their best guess was the Crafts sensors, as other troops try to secure a mirrored armor plate under the Ship, to block the T'porter. The rest of the Allied troops fight the frantic Aliens.

Aerya murmurs into her comms, and in seconds a whine fills the air. Gun looks up to see a transport shuttle hovering over them, opening its belly doors. Chains drop and are quickly secured to the Alien Ship. Gun motions to 2 of his teams to get on top of the Ship and ride up with it. They will be needed to manhandle the panicked alien craft. Aerya gives a thumbs up to the shuttle crew, and powerful winches start to drag the Alien into the shuttle. They watch as the doors close on their prize and Aerya turns a dazzeling smile to Gun. He grins in return, shouting, "Lets be like the Good Shepard, and get the Flock outta here!"

Pumping a fist in reply, she warps her team out. "Do it," He comms MJ, and finds himself in the Grid.

Trundling along the grid, heading for Base, Gun gets the message that the Ship is being unloaded at Omni Labs now. Sighing in relief, ((does one breathe in the grid?)), he acknowledges the report. Study of the Aliens teleporter will be worth a fortune to the Company. Maybe even enuff for him to be forgiven for beating up those Unis.

Zoning out at PF Base, he stretches. Very good OP, very smooth. News of the joint Reform/Pathfinder Mission will help get some pressure off him. Especially a Mission this important. He shakes his head. If only his personal life were as easy.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 01:47:25.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Gunfytr paces around his office, comm headset firmly in place.

Yes, Sir. I understand.
    Sir, I was debriefing two of my assets and the Unicorns took offense to their presence.
    Its not like anyone was reclaimed, Sir.
    I agree, Sir, brawling in Omni-Ent is very unprofessional. Especially over two Clanners. However.....
    Sir, I....
    ...................!??!
    Its is well within ur contract rights to send a complaint to Pathfinder HQ.
    Technically, Sir, this was just two contractors having a jusidictional dispute.
    .........$@!*&!!!!
    If you feel that requesting my removal from contract is warranted, then I can only-
    *CLICK*

Slowly Gun sat at his desk. Well, this is gonna sting a bit. Bad timing. The CEO is under enuff stress, without his contractors feuding. Not that there is any love lost between the Unis and PFs anyway.

He rubbed his eyes. Well, Ciy, if you wanted an "outshot", you got it this time. Break my heart, Ill live. Mess with my head, been there before. Mess with my JOB? Nope, its over. Theres too much left to be done here to risk being sent off-planet.

He glanced at the chrono. Yup, time to get suited up. The Op this afternoon will be....fasinating.

Staring out the window, he leans his head against the cool glass. "Goodbye Ciy, I have to wash my hands and heart of you. Im all out of options", he murmurs.
    Because we said so.

Lawdog sits at his comp term, doing research. Suddenly his comm pops. He hears Beersoldiers frantic voice, and a strange shrieking in the background.

*Law! Majors office, NOW!!*

Sprinting down the hallway to Guns office, he stops short as Corpdoc and Grumpy are hurled out the door, slamming into the wall. He quickly moves inside and see several Pathfinders on top of Gunfytr, trying to restrain him, with Beer directing them. Dumbfounded, Law turns to Beer, "Sarge, WTF??"
    Beer looks at him grimly, "Feyad has got Ciyanid".
    Instantly, Law morphs into a large cat and springs on Gun, smothering him under fur. Biting and clawing Gun struggles to get up, shrieking, "You know what they DO!! You know what they'll DO to her!!"
    Beer joins the pile, trying to calm his friend and Commander. "Boss, we'll get her out! Somehow we'll get her."
    Gun screams back at him, "But it wont be HER!!"

Suddenly the pile goes still. Gun says quietly, "Im ok, let me up." Gingerly, the pile unfolds and Gun walks behind his desk. Uprighting his chair, he slowly sinks into it.
    Beer notices the crowd of horrified PFs standing in the hallway and snaps, "Clear the area, now!" He glances back at Gun, looking away at what he sees there.

Gun stands up, leaning on his desk. Looking around, he says harshly, "The rules have just changed....everyone get out."
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr strides into Omni-Pol HQ. His SpecOps uniform perfect. Insignia, rank and ribbons proudly displayed. He marches to the front desk and addresses the On Duty Corporal. The Corporal looks Gun up and down, noting the off world decorations and ribbons. He nods respectfully.

'Yes, Major, what can I do for you?'
    'I have come to petition the release of Julia "Ciyanid" Gilliano'
    The Corporal starts slightly, frowning. 'I'm sorry?'
    Calmly, Gun repeats, 'I have come to petition the release of Julia "Ciyanid" Gilliano'
    Frowning deeper, he replies, 'I'll let you talk to the Captain, Sir.'
    Picking up a comm unit, he speaks in hushed tones for a second. 'He'll be right with you, Major.'
    Gunfytr nods, and stands at ease. In all appearances, completely calm. Only an intent observer would have noticed the single drop of sweat, running from his hairline.
    An Omni-Pol Captain comes out of a rear office.
    'Good day, Major, what can Omni-Pol do for our contract bretheren?'
    'Captain, I have come to petition for the release of Julia "Ciyanid" Gil---'
    The Captains booming laugh interrupts Gun. 'I thought thats what he said, but I couldnt believe it.' He fixes Gun with a broad smile. 'No. No way, no how, no chance. We have been looking for her for a long time. We got her, we're keeping her.'
    Gun nods, 'Captain, give her to me and she'll be off planet in an hour. Shes never trouble Omni again.'
    The Captain laughs, 'You're dreamin'. We have serious plans for THAT little girl. And when we get done with her, not only will she never trouble the Corporation again, she'll be a good little employee.'
    Gun takes a deep breathe, "I wish to petition directly to General Feyad with this. I'm going over your head, Captain.'
    The Omni-Pol Boss sneers at Gun, 'I dont care about those oak leaves on your collar, "Major", and you have to get passed me to see the General. And thats not gonna happen. Not that he would even entertain the thought.'
    Guns head drops to his chest for a moment. He whispers, 'So be it.' Lifting his head up, he looks the Captain in the eye. 'Thanks for your time, Captain. I'll be seeing you around.'
    Gunfytr spins on his heal, and stalks out of the office.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr enters his office calmly, shutting the door and sinking into the chair behind his desk. Only then did he allow the shakes to hit. MAX! Of ALL people, Feyad had to call MAX. That purple faced robot-looking .....person, scared the crap outta Gun.
    Gun had gotten a meeting with General Feyad. It went about as he expected, but he had to try. Feyad basically told him top pound sand. THEN he called Max to confirm this. Gun had no choice but play it out. Gun shivered. He had looked the Beast in the face and hadnt felt fear like this. Max was a whole different matter. Gun had plead his case, and all that did was make Max question his loyalty to OT. Now was time for damage control. Ciy would have to ride this out, for the moment. But it didnt sound like they would "reform" her anytime soon.
    Gun hits a button on his comp, 'Beer, Lawdog, my office, ASAP.'
    Because we said so.

"Hey Boss...."

Gunfytr looks up from the pile of paperwork on his desk. "Yes?"

"One of our FNGs got a strange message while in Sector 10 today. He just passed it up."

Gun pulls his comp term around. "Send it"

[Authorisation accepted. Transmission from Node1973 as follows: "Hello, Pathfinders. Your work has proven impressive over the years and I would like to offer an offer for an exchange of... how do you put it.. "missions" between both the Pathfinders and my associates. Should you accept, I provide an additional bonus of providing you the direct ownership of Cerulean Company. While small, they may have their uses. I hope you will consider this offer."]

Gun reads the text quickly, then again, slower. "Cerulean Company...hmmm." He shrugs, "Cool name, if nothing else."

He stares into space, gathering his thoughts. Nodding, he hits a button on his comms. "Grafter."
    "Yeah, Boss?"
    "You doin anything important?"
    "No Sir."
    "Come up here, please? I have some snooping for you."
    "On my way."

Closing the connection, he leans back, contemplating the ceiling of his office. Maybe this is what he needed. A little action would be good. He was tired of hiding in the compound. Surely Max and his cronies had found another witchhunt to occupy them. He hoped, anyway. There was much too much work yet to be done to let Omni interfere with his plans.
    Because we said so.

Gun strides in the front gate of the Pathfinder compound. Nodding to the sentries, he makes a bee line for his office. Settling in behind his desk, he activates his comp. Opening a new file, he quickly begins typing notes.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Objectives:
    Alan Jacobi: Cigar from personal stock.
    Tarkhan Zora: Body Measurments.
    Ivan Sergeyich: Bottle of preferred Vodka
    Simon Silverstone: Set of fingerprints (replantable)

Fee: To be negotiated
    Because we said so.

Gun disconnects the comm. Ok, one down. Zawar is ok, but being nice to that flatfoot Hunt was a stretch. "Russian Vodka", huh? Absently, he hits a button. "Yeah Boss?" "Send a case of "Russian Vodka" to Director Sergeyich, Omni-Pol, please." "It'll go out tonight, Boss." "Thank you", Gun replies, going back to his comp.
    Whats next......hmmm.
    Because we said so.

"Well, thank you for your help Sir. I'll pass your suggestions along to my support staff." Nodding to the OT Tailor in Trade, Gun turns and trots towards the grid point. He activates his comm.

< Lawdog
    < Here, Boss. Whats up?
    < Who do we have in the OT Tailors Association?
    < Umm......yeah, we got one or two contacts.
    < Good. Take 10 mil from a slush fund and get me Tarkhan Zoras personal measurements.
    < Ok....wait, what?
    < His birthday is coming up and I wanted to send him a cute dress.
    < WHAT??
    < *sigh* Just do it. It would be best if the contact didnt know it was us asking. Got that?
    < Ooook, you're the Boss.
    < Yes, I am. Do it. Carefully.
    < On it

Gunfytr disconnects, shaking his head. Law is so easy. He grins, ok that was the two easy ones. All the OT Execs used the OTTA for their suits. Something about showing they are just like the average employee. No one bought that, but, hey, whatever floats your boat. For the next two, he was gonna have to get creative. hmm....
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr walks into his office. Hanging his Xan rifle on the rack, he comms.

< Grafter
    < Yessir?
    < If ur not busy, come to my office. I need a brief on the Cerulean Co.
    < On my way.

Grafter walks in, and sits as Gun waves him into a seat. He consults a pad and looks back to Gun. "Ok, Boss. The Cerulean Company. It consists of 3 former OT members, somewhat roguish, even by our standards. Left OT due to restrictions. Went Clan and are currently Mercs based out of Tir. At least we are pretty sure in Tir. Not sure of the location. For free agents, they have remarkable security. So, three members, headed up by a Captain Zacchaeus and his partner Teffler. No info on the 3rd member yet. Now the really interesting part, they seem to be attached to Black-Net, of all things. Now, the word on the net is that B-N and CC hate each other. and B-N somehow ended up as CCs controller. As a matter of fact, the Node1973 that contacted us? We are fairly sure that is a B-N contact point. This would mean that B-N is using this Spec-Ops team as a bargaining chip. Thats really got to gall the CC guys. And then Node1973 offers them to us? Sound like trouble in paradise to me."
    Gun thinks for a moment, " Do we know the nature of the problems between them?"
    Grafter shook his head, "Not really, but B-N may have tried to break them up and absorb them into the home unit. They insisted on staying together. The info I could find show them a decent unit. Small, but persistant."
    Gun nods, "Do we have a contact point for them? With Ciy being unavailable," Gun closed his eyes at a quick stab of pain, "and Red Dawn disbanding, our Clan assets are a bit thin right now."
    Grafter nods grimly, "I do."
    Gun gave a skull-like grin, "Outstanding."
    Because we said so.

Gun glanced at the call routing. Back and forth across RK, hitting 3 space stations and even a relay in SL. Gun grins. He hated being traceable. Ok, here we go.

< *buzz*
    < *buzz*
    < Yes?
    < Am I speaking to Zacchaeus?
    < Maybe, who is this?
    < I am a potential employer, Captain. If you are interested, that is. And if I feel our ..."interests", are compatable.
    < Im listening.
    < I have been advised recently that your group may be looking for work.
    < You were "advised", huh? I'm sorry, my unit is NOT for sale, no matter what you may have been "advised" or promised. I think we are done here...
    < Captain, maybe you misunderstand me. I am not in the habit of using "middlemen" in my line of work. Nor do I take what is told to me about other units except at face value. It may actually be to your benefit to hear me out.
    < ...........Go ahead.
    < This is a simple offer of employment. This can be a one time deal, or we can explore options. I employ many units, Omni, Clan and independants. But I "own" none but my own. Some have closer alliances to my home unit than others, but that will be your choice. As to the matter at hand, I have need of a Clan based unit, and none of my regulars are available at the moment. I've been told that you left Omni because you didnt like the rules. How would you feel about breaking the odd Clan rule or two?
    < Ok, I'll admit I'm intrigued. Who is this? I must compliment you on your anti-trace abilities, but we ARE still trying.
    < Lets suffice to say I'm NOT Node1973, nor, I may point out, did I contact you through him.
    < Heh, ok, keep going.
    < What you need to decide, is wether you are a businessman, or a Clanner. And which is more lucrative to you and your team. The mission I have, two parts, are against the Clans. If this is repelent to you, let me know. I may have been wrong, but I dont think so. Think on this, discuss it with your team and I will be in touch.
    < But-
    < CLICK

Gun leans back and grins. Here we go.
    Because we said so.

Lawdog eyed Gunfytr, tossing him a beer, "Hows the "Scavanger" hunt going, Boss?"
    Gun leaned back with a sigh, "Not bad. Had to get a little creative. The Omni pieces were reletively simple to get. The Clan parts are a bit tougher."
    Law grins, "And?"
    "I triple booked the Clan parts. First come, first served on the rewards."
    "Really?" Lawdog blinked, "I know about the Cerulean Co. Who else did you get?"
    "I offered it to Fishman."
    "Him?? Why offer 'work' to a leet farmer?"
    "Heh, ur slipping in your old age, friend. If hes a leet farmer, then I'M a leet farmer."
    Slipping into a chair, Law studies Gun, "You think?"
    Gun grinned knowingly, "Oh, yes. Maybe hes not so active now, but I can spot an 'Operator' a mile away."
    Shaking his head wonderingly, Law shrugs, "Ok. So, whos the third option?"
    Gun slid his work/poker face on. "Im not sure you need to know."
    Feigning shock and hurt, Law makes a fake pout, and whines, "Oh, c'mon , Boss, give!"
    "You wont believe me anyway," Gun shrugged, "I impressed myself this time,"
    Lawdog grins, "Ok, now I gotta know."
    Gun looks at him and smiles like the sunrise,

"Playboyfixer."
    Because we said so.

Smugly, Guns pops the top on another beer. Lawdog, his jaw hanging open, stares in amazment.
    "How in the name of all thats holy, did you do that?"
    Gun grins, "You remember the other day when I had the Teams covering all the SL Portals? I handed out pics of people I wanted to "talk" to?
    Dumbly, Law nods.
    "Well, that was to keep him bottled up on the planet. It worked, and I cornered him in Newland. Then I convinced him to hear me out before he meeped. He agreed, and I made him an offer he couldn't refuse."
    Law shakes his head, "Like what?"
    "I promised to keep our people off his back. You know we are the only ones to even get close enough to him to even talk to him so far. He realises that its just a matter of time before we bag him. You havent noticed I took him off our bounty lists?"
    "Yeah", shrugged Law, "but I just figured it was another spoof you were running."
    "It is...kinda. He'll make an awesome asset. We were getting very thin on trustworthy Clan assets."
    "Trustworthy?" Law stares. "You really think so?"
    "Sure. What would happen to him if it became known he was working for us? Not that I would use him to really hurt the Clans. I wouldnt push it that far. Besides, we are gonna leave this rock someday, and I'm making a list of those I want to offer a permanant spot in the PFs to."
    Law stares, speechless.
    "Hes got skills," Gun continues doggedly, "Yes, hes a pain in the butt, but its not like I dont have a few of those already."
    Lawdog shrugs helplessly, "Ok, you're the Boss. Did we ever find out what our client is going to DO with the 'scavanger hunt' items?"
    Gun frowns, "Not yet, but I'm not going to turn them over until I'm sure what is going to happen with them. I'll make the decision then."
    "The client gonna go for that?"
    "Not her choice. I havent see cred one yet, just the proposal. We are doing this one on 'spec'." He shrugged. "Besides, if nothing else, one or two of those items would look good hanging on my wall."
    Lawdog leans back, chuckling, "You're killin , me, Boss."
    Gun grins back, "Just another day on RK."
    Because we said so.

Gun sets the box on his desk. Carefully, he slits the top and opens it. Looking inside, grins at seeing the contents. Pulling out a note, he reads it.
    Law fidgets impatiently. Finally, he says, "Well?"
    Gun, still ginning, looks at him. Winking, he says quietly, "Fishman."
    Law gapes in disbelief, "Nowai!"
    "Leet farmer, huh?"
    Shaking his head, Law is speechless.
    Gun nods at the door, "Out. I some calls to make."

((Thx Hans. Yeah, u rok))
    Because we said so.

Gun sits at his desk, deep in paperwork. He hears a rumble somewhere in the building, but ignores it. Scrawling his initials on the bottom of the form, he pulls out the next. The rumble gradually grows in size, and he glances at the door in annoyance. Hearing nothing further, he resumes his admin duties. Suddenly a crash in the hallway brings him to his feet. He storms out to find Lawpuppy attempting to pull his fist from a hole in the wall in the reception area. A crowd of Pathfinders melt away at Guns appearance from where they were watching at a safe distance. Gun walks up to where the short 'trox was roaring and trying to free his hand. Grabbing Pup by the ponytail hanging off the back of his head, he drags him away from the wall. Pup smothers a yelp when he realizes just WHO had him by the hair.
    Gunfytr goes nose to nose with him.
    'Just what in the Hell is going on here?', Gun asks in a deceptively soft voice.
    Cradling his hand, Pup tries to come to attention. 'Boss, did you see..'
    'DID I TELL YOU TO TALK?!' Screams Gun, 'WHO TOLD YOU TO COME IN HERE AND DESTROY MY RECEPTION AREA?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WHY ARENT YOU IN SECTOR 10 LIKE I TOLD YOU?! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO SAY?!'
    Pup opens his mouth, 'Boss, I..
    'SHUT UP!! I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!'
    Lawdog discretely attempts to get Gun attention.
    Gun sees him and spins on his heel, and fixing him with a baleful stare, "You have 10 seconds.'
    Law quickly says, 'Boss, its an article in Chit Chat..'
    Not dropping the stare, Gun slowly counts, 'Five, four, three...'
    Law desperately tries again, ' You need to read it.'
    Gun stares at Law, then turns to look at Pup, 'Dont you move.'
    They both watch as Gun stalks back to his office, hearing him typing on his comm. They flinch as a terrible cackle of laughter comes from the office. Gun stalks back to the reception area, a feral smile on his face.
    Pup tries again, 'Boss, I..'
    Fixing him with a glance, Gun says mildly, 'Shut up.'
    Pups mouth closes with a 'clop'. Gun walks till he is in his face. 'How would you like me to pull those Intell implants? How would you like to be dumb as a bag of hammers? Again?? I have MILLIONs invested in buffing your Intelligence, and THIS is how you use it?' Gun shakes his head, 'The damages are coming out of your pay, you will STAY in Sector 10 until I want to see you again. OR, I pull your Imps and you go back to work in the mines. Which do you want?'
    Pups gulps, getting even paler, 'Im starting to enjoy killing aliums, Sir.'
    'I thought as much,' Gun takes a step back, looking him up and down, 'Get out.'
    Pup, looking like a toad in armor, runs out the door of the building, mowing down anyone in his way.
    Gun and Law watch him leave, then glance at each other.
    Gun finally allows a grin to crack his face and says to Law, 'Chit Chat offices....find them.'
    Because we said so.

The Pathfinder Colonel peered at Gunfytr from the comm screen. 'I hope you know what you are doing, old friend.'
    Gun sits tensely, 'I will have everything covered, Sir. This will be utterly black.'
    The Colonel nods, 'Allright. Shes on a ship. We have the location.....'
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr looks around the hold of the Assault ship. Familiar faces grin back at him. The 3 Team Leaders clustered in front of him, confidence and aggression rolling off them in waves. This was a new one on Gun, this time HE was the client. Gun was bankrolling this OP out of his own pocket, using Teams from Pathfinders HQ. Pulling a few Teams from RK would raise quite a few eyebrows. He was finally getting Ciy out. Months of planning and gathering resourses had gone into this. And now, it was almost time. Gun had completely covered his butt on this. As much as he hated to, he was going to make this look like a Clan effort. But, he figured the Clans could afford it. Even to the point of keeping Ciy unknown of her rescuers and placing her back with her Clan Guild on RK.
    A ships crewman calls out to Gun, "Major! The ships in sight, 3 minutes!"
    Gun glances around the hold, and nods, "Do it."
    Because we said so.

Combat never changes, Gun mused, as he ducked the stream of tracers coming down the hallway. Noise, smoke, screams and curses. But this time, he was fighting for his own. Snapping a burst back at the defending crewmen, he was rewarded with a shriek. He winced, knowing that the crewmen didnt have the reclaim option here. "Needs must, when the Devil drives", he thought to himself. He grinned inside his reflective helmet. The armor used was a type that hadnt been seen in the part of the galaxy. Not as modern as what the PFs usually wore, but sufficient for the purpose at hand.
    Spinning around at movement behind him, he lowers his rifle as he recognized PFs. Three of them were carrying a struggling bundle, topped by a black bag over her head.
    The Team leader leans over and bangs his helmet against Guns, "You got a wild one here, Gun! She about gutted the pickup Team."
    Letting out a wild cackle, Gun keys his comms, "All units, fall back! Drop charges and move!"
    Falling into line, Gun gazes fondly at the still struggling bundle, "You're going home, Ciy."
    Because we said so.

Gun sits in his office, catching up on paperwork. Beersoldier sticks his head around the door. Gun sees him and waves him into a chair, "Whats up Sarge?"
    "One thing I cant understand, Boss. Why keep Ciy in the dark? Why not let her know who got her out?"
    Gun sighs. He leans back in his chair. "Look at it this way. Shes been through a horribly traumatic event. Who knows how that has changed her? Why add to it that NOW she may feel beholden to me? A sometimes lover/sometimes enemy? Thats too much for her to handle now. Let her get her feet back under her. If its meant to be, it will be."
    Beer stares at Gun a moment, "Thats pretty deep, Boss."
    "Yeah, well...sometimes doing the right thing costs more than you want to pay. But you have to do it anyway."
    Because we said so.

The Redeemed Custodian gazed over his encampment, his flowing purple robes protecting him from Infernos baking heat. As his minions go about thier business, all is peace and serenity. Calm and meditaion is the key to--*BONK* Something hits him on the back of the head. Startled, he looks down. There slowly turning into a puddle of water was a...snowball? Outraged, he looks around and frowns at a figure in the distance. He glides to the edge of his platform and glares. The figure sees him and waves cheerfully. Singing an order to his Kuir-Moors to hold thier place, he surges forward to battle. HE will teach this interloper some manners! Bringing his spear around he charges the waiting, black armored figure.

Some minutes later:
    Gun casually searches the still figure, lying on the baked ground. Fishing a small gem from beneath the robes, he gazes at it. Turning it back and forth so it catches the suns rays, he grins. Yeah, this would look good on Ciy. Tucking it into a pocket on his vest, he leans over and pulls a heavily insulated bag closer to him. Reaching into the bag, he pulls out a snowball. Penumbra really CAN be useful at times, he muses. Standing up, he cranes his head back and forth, looking for more purple robes.
    His comm beeps.
    < Hey Boss?
    < Go ahead.
    < You should prolly come back here. Theres something you should see.
    < Is it the end of the world as we know it? Or something equally important? I'm shopping here.
    < Well, not that bad, but its Chit Chat. They're at it again. And this time they mentioned you.
    < *sigh* Allright. I'm on my way.
    Because we said so.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast