Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinders saga

It was well passed dark as Gun pilots his bike towards Port 7. He always did like the Shadowlands. Probably some of the prettiest scenery hes ever fought around. It soothed him as he pondered events. He frowned momentarily as he though what he would do to the moron that panicked and ordered the late Orbital Strike on what was an other-wise flawless Tower defense. Burning to death sucked...no matter if you were returned in pristine condition or not. As a matter of fact, he knew of a way to stretch it out over a few days, before the person was sent to Reclaim. Hmm...might have to think about that one.

He passes a group of young people, out hunting. One of them a redhead. For a moment he feels soft fur between his fingers, and a gentle purr fills his ears. He sighed. He and Ciy had had a long talk about their on again/off again relationship. Both had agreed that being on opposing sides would be too difficult. "Been there, done that", he mutters to himself. But they did agree that the friendship was too good to waste. Of course, the offer to go with the Pathfinders when they left RK was still open. Time will tell. Prodding himself mentally, he reminds himself to find her some work....she had been getting restless, eager for action. Well, we can keep her supplied in work for awhile. Even with the added manpower the Detachment had picked up, there was lots to do. The CEO kept was keeping them all busy. Not to mention the "other" stuff the Home Unit had them doing.

He keys his comms. 'Law, you copy?'

'Go ahead, Boss'

'Any action?'

'Nope'

'Stay with it'

'*sigh* Copy'

Gun grinned. Lawdog was unhappy with his current assingment, but of all his people, Law had the best chance of staying undetected. And this was too important to mess with. Gunfytr still had a healthy respect and fear of the Guardians, in equal measure. He just KNEW they were up to no good.

When he gets back to the compound, he had to contact his connection at Omni-Pol. he wanted to check out the prospective sub-contractor recruit, Blacke. Sounded promising, but he needed to be checked out. So much to do, so little time. Gun revs his bike faster. There was another call he HAD to make..and this was gonna cause some waves....
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Gunfytr sat at his desk and punched in a call. He was calling one of his contacts inside Intern-Ops. This had a lot of potential to go bad, but Gun prided himself on taking care of his people.

Gun stares at the screen of his comm, and begins as soon as the call is answered.

'Has Encyros been declared rogue?'
    'Why not? Its obvious...'
    Where is she??
    Dont give me that "Who?" crap.
    No, Im not going to tell you why I need to know.
    You WILL tell me, or it may get nasty for you, Major.
    ....!!!!....
    Dont you bluster at me. I dont think your career will survive the dirty laundry you have not so well hidden.
    ... .......
    Thats what I thought. You have two days. This is obviously a rogue Operation. The only reason you are stalling is to get a "spin" that will protect IO.
    No, I have no reason to hurt Intern-Ops. I just want her returned....unhurt.
    ......??...
    My reasons are my own. Do what is needed of you or pay the price. Dont make me turn my dogs loose, that will just make it messier.

Gun disconnects and leans back in his chair. There goes another burned bridge. This was one of the problems using sub-contractors. They dont fall under the Home Units protection. But bringing operatives out of the "cold" limits their usefulness. Still he felt responsible for them.

He murmers to himself, 'Just hang on a few more days Mirura. We're coming'
    Because we said so.

A leet slowly wanders out of Ergos cave. It wobbles down the trail and around the bend. Suddenly it morphs into a panicked Lawdog and just as quick, morphs into a bird. The Bird flys quickly into the air and heads for the UnRedeemed Garden as fast as he can.

'Boss, you copy?? We have a situation!'

'Whats going on? Whats happened?'

'I was watching Ergo, and Eeod came into the Lair. He had some kind of balloon looking thing on a string. '

'What??"

'Anyway, he and Ergo got into some kind of argument. I couldnt get close enuff to hear it all, but it was something about a Bride for Ergo! I think thats what the balloon thing was. Does the name "Irma" mean anything to you?'

'Irma? No, not that I.....ok, so what happened?'

'Looked like they got into an argument , Ergo sounded Pissed off! Anyway, they were goin back and forth and all of the sudden, there was a flash and Eeod was gone!'

Allright, get back here. This could get messy. Im gonna let Omni-Pol and Int-Ops know what happened. Maybe this will convince them that Ergo and his Guardian cronies are dangerous.'

'Copy that Boss, on my way back'

"I got some calls to make.'

He sits up in his chair, flipping thru his rolodex. Hmm..wonder if I should let RUR know that Eeod wont be in to work, today? Gun shakes his head. 'Eeod, what have you done now?"
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr squints against the dust blown up as the Lander settles down, outside the Compound. He nods to Beersoldier, who sends out 2 Teams on a wide perimeter around the Lander. The ramp of the Lander comes down, and a Team quickly emerges, forming a tighter perimeter. The TL, an old friend of Guns, catches his eye with a quick nod and wink. Gun acknowledges with a grin. Gun straightens to attention as another figure walks down the ramp. The Pathfinders Colonel, flanked by 2 aids, walks up to Gun and returns the salute. Stepping forward and shaking Guns hand, he shouts over the noise of the Lander, "Good to see you again, Chief. I've got information for you."

"Right this way, Sir. We have Quarters set up for you and your people. Nothing fancy, but you've spent time in FOBs, so...." Gun grins as the Colonel laughs and slaps him on the back, "Yeah, Chief, we've slept in the mud a few times, haven't we?"

Gun leads the group into the Compound and deep into the TOC. There, he ushers the Colonel and his aids into a secure room.

"I have my Cybor kids running herd on this meeting, Sir, this is as secure as we can make it." The Colonel nods, "I'm sure, but I brought one of the new jammers with me." He nods to his aid, who opens a briefcase and sets it on the table. A low hum fills the room.

Gunfytr turns to the Colonel. "You said you had information, Sir?"

"That I do, Chief. About your REAL mission here. Sit down, this is gonna take a bit."

(FOB = Forward Operating Base)
    (TOC = Tactical Operations Center)
    Because we said so.

Gun sits quietly, his attention on the man in front of him. The Colonel stands studying a map on the wall. Cities, tower fields and villages dot the map. With a sigh, he turns to face Gun.

"OK, Chief. First I have to commend you on the job you and your troops have done here. We constantly get rave reviews from OT and ICC about the job you people are doing here. Especially about the Units response to that shuttle crash last year."

"We do our job, Sir. Thats what we get paid for."

The Colonel nods, "True, but even when that Reform Jackass tried to lean on you, you turned it into a major profit for the Unit. I couldn't expect that from one of my Field Grade Officers, much less a Chief Warrant on detached duty."

Gun feigns shock and hurt, "Sir, you doubt a Senior Chief Warrant? Didnt they teach you that in Colonel school? We are omniscient, we see all and know all."

The Colonel laughs, "Yes, well, good job, anyway. And while we are on the subject of rank....Are you sure I cant tempt you with a set of Captains Bars?"

Gunfytr frowns, "If 'ordered' I would except the promotion, but I would rather not, Sir."

"Why?", The Colonel asks.

Gun leans forward in his chair, picking his words, "Sir, in all the thousands of Pathfinders scattered across the galaxy, I am among a group of 4-5 Senior Chief Warrants that are qualified for independant command. I am a veritable fountain of expirience, knowledge and ability. The command I currently hold is larger than most Captains I know of, and the Contract I am currently managing, were it anyone else, would have a Major doing it. But, because I AM a Senior Chief, it is believed I can handle it. If I accept the promotion, I become.....just another Captain."

One of the aids, sitting quietly along the wall, made a sound like a sneeze, the others face turning red. The Colonel turns and stares narrowly at them, and turns back to Gun.

"Alright, Chief. You're doing well here, and I know better to argue with success." He looks back to his aids and snaps his fingers. "Time to get to business."
    Because we said so.

"Alright. The infiltration of all three major factions have gone off without a hitch. Background and techniques used by OT against the Clans have been forwarded to our Clients. As had Clan responses. Even with your short time working for ICC, we were able to obtain copies of their Policy and Procedures and their Standard Operating Procedures, as they pertain to Ops here on RK. Your Unit has made working relationships with several Clan members and even Mainline Clan fighting Units. When the Lease Contract is up, and our Clients get the Lease, if they decide the Pathfinders will fill the role of security here, this will help. It appears to us, at HQ, that OTs biggest handicap is the inter-departmental infighting that goes on."

"Correct, Sir. They have Departments for dam near everything. Intern-Ops, Omni-Pol and Omni-Reform all fill in as "Security", but spend most of their time watching each other. Omni-Pol and Intern-Ops both have some really good people, some of whom I will try to steal away when the time comes, But Omni-Reform is useless. They do more harm than good when dealing with the Clans. The OTAF is good, but they are a Field Force, and not really suited to intercity anti-insurgency work."

"Yes...The Clans. I know you're not done with the evaluations here, but what will you recommend? You know the new Landlords wont deal with an insurgency of this magnitude. They are just as likely to bomb them back to the stone age as deal with the mess that Omni has made with their "care-bear" attitude."

Gunfytr pauses a moment, choosing his words. "Sir, I've got to meet a lot of these people, and made some friends. The Accords gave the Clans right to mine the Notum, but we both know that can be changed overnight. I believe that an agreement can be reached with the Clans. At least the COT and most of the independants. Most of them just want to live in peace. There are only a few, like Silverstone, that are in it for the personal power. And the Dust Brigade, of course. But give me a few Pathfinder Battalions and Ill take care of THAT little problem in a few months." He smiled grimly, "I have it on personal experience that the DB wont be reasoned with."

The Colonel leaned back in his chair. "Ok, Chief, thats enough for now. Whats the local chow like here?"

Gun slowly stands up with a truely wicked smile. "Well, Boss, have you ever heard of a Bronto Burger?"
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr stared at his computer screen, slowly working his way down a list of contacts.

'Hmmm....shades, shades....lamp shades?.....no.....window shades?...no...'

He glanced over at Lawdog, gazing at his own listing.

'You sure about this?'

Law shrugs back, 'Hey, they got a Leet Protection Agency, so why not for feral shades?'

Gun snorts, 'Well, you're our resident wildlife expert.'

Law laughs, 'Yeah, Boss, like I know anything about shades.'

Gun shakes his head, and continues browsing. This was a new one on him......
    Because we said so.

Slouching into a more comfortable spot on the couch, Gun continues reading. Looking for factual material on feral shades was almost as much a challenge as the original mission would be. And of all places to find research material, Fair Trade in Borealis. Well, better than going in blind.

Gun turns the page and shivers at the pictures shown. Pictures of what was left of unwary travelers in some of RKs wilder parts. The more popular stories claim that shades would suck a persons soul right out. Looking at the pictures, they were more likely to pull it out one of the hundreds of cut marks left on the bodies.

He sighed. Almost the perfect predator, combining animal cunning and human intelligence. Gunfytr had had some contact with shades here, and they never failed to raise the hairs on the back of his neck. He was a Professional, but couldnt help but respect the utter lethality of the average shade.

Stretching, he marks his place and gets up. Long day tomorrow, better get some rest while he can. Briefly, he wonders what kind of lunatic would keep a "pet" shade.

And what kind of lunatics would attempt to capture one alive.......
    Because we said so.

Gun carefully looked up and down at Lawdog. From head to toe, Laws armor looked like it had been dropped into some kind of machinery. Dents, scratches, and, yes, what appeared to be bite marks decorated the armor. Gun grins.

'Hows it going, Law?'

'Boss, if this job wasn't paying so well, I'd say scrap this idea all together.'

'Not well, huh?'

Law shook his head, 'Netguns, glueguns, even Bronto dart pistols. Nothing works. I dont know whoever said that wild shades are retarded, these things are dangerous as hell, and smart. The Team I'm using is muttering about mutiny. They are tired of making the trip back from the reclaim terms. We even had a wipe when a couple of them got together and ambushed us.'

Guns eyes widened, 'AMBUSHED you?? Theres been no record of wild shades working together.'

Law nodded, 'Not till now, you mean.'

Gun lowers his head a moment, deep in thought. He looks back at the shaken Advy, 'Ok, you can stop. We got some new info. The shade has been entered into the reclaim system.'

'Really? How did he do that?'

'Not our concern. Once we hijack the respawn destination we can have her pop out where ever we want. Uh...good job, though. Have the Medics take a look at you and the Team.'

Guns commlink pops, *Chief? Incoming message from Pathfinder HQ*

*On my way*

The Chief Warrant nods at Law and heads back to the Comm shack.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr sits at his desk, facing the comp. He enters a code, and a face appears on his screen. Gun flips an informal salute, 'Good day Colonel, what can I do for you?'

'Chief, I briefed the Commandant on your progress, and hes pleased. So much so, thats hes giving you an open order for any supplies or personnel you may need.'

'Outstanding, Sir. Please pass on to the Commandant I appreciate his support.'

The Colonel grins evilly, ' Oh, one more thing Chief.'

Gun recognized that tone, 'Sir?'

'I informed the Commandant that you were less than willing to accept promotion to Captain, and your reasons why.'

'Yes Sir?'

'He also agrees with your thoughts that the Rubi-Ka Contract should be run by a Major.'

Gun frowns, 'Sir, thats not exactly what I said....'

The Colonel laughed, 'Calm down, he knew what you meant. I believe his words were, "Tell Gunfytr to just wear the dam Oak Leaves, cause I dont have time to go all the way out there and kick his butt!"

Gun sat, stunned. 'I dont know what to say, Sir.'

'Say "Thank you", Major. Congradulations, by the way, its about time.'

'Thank you, Sir. And sent my regards to the Commandant as well'

The Colonel nods, 'I will. Keep up the good work, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to call.'

Gun ended the transmission, leaning back in his chair. Promotion to Major? Yeah, he could handle that. He laughed. The Teams would freak out. They will want a Promotion party. Hmm...wonder what Steely is up to? Guns old drinking buddy would enjoy the type of party the Pathfinders are capable of. Guns smiled. Yup, he had some calls to make.

OOC: Solo rank:Major ((hey, Im stuck with the tag, might as well make it work, huh?))
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr listlessly paces the wall of the compound. He knew better than to get too involved with the local "wildlife" while on assignments. Hearing the grunting roar of a big cat, he spins in place, eyes attempting to pierce the gloom. Finding nothing, he continues pacing. He was sure he'd tucked that part of his life away somewhere safe. Sighing, he shakes his head, "It still hurts..."

Beer watches Gun pace from the shadows of the TOC. Lawdog walks up behind him, and glances up at Gun, then turns to face Beer.

'You heard?'
    'I heard.'
    'What are we gonna do? Hard to believe a local girl could get under the Boss' armor like this.'
    'I'm not sure, yet.'
    Law grins wickedly, 'You know the best thing for heartache is a piece of strange.'
    'You know,' Beer says thoughtfully, 'Thats not a bad idea. Maybe we'll make a trip up to The Grind this week.'
    'Sweet!, Law says excitedly, 'Ill plan something with the Teams!'

Lawdog morphs into a large wolf and bounds away.

Beer glances again at his leader, mooning over a girl like a teenager, and shakes his head.
    Because we said so.

Gun stared at the map spread across his desk. All the care and planing of a major assault had gone into this Op. Exits, entrances and alternate paths had been accounted for. All was ready.

A trooper stuck his head in Guns office.

'Boss? Its time.'

Gun nods grimly and walks to the front of the HQ. He stands at the top of the steps and gazes at the Teams awaiting him. Normally, Gun wasnt much for "pep" talks, but in this case, it seemed to fit. The Teams wait expectantly.

Gunfytr takes a deep breath and roars,

'BEER!!! TITTIES!!!!'

The teams go wild, howling like a wolf pack on drugs.

'FOLLOW ME!!!!'

With the howling Teams in tow, Gun heads out the front gate.

I wonder if The Grind has upgraded their bouncers?
    Because we said so.

Gun hums happily as he strolls thru Meetmedere. The party last night had just what he needed. For obvious and various reasons. Serious stress relief. The Grind staff had taken one look at the Pathfinders and tripled the amount of bouncers working. Not that it mattered in the end, but a good time was had by all. All in all, the club hadn't taken that much damage in the fight that had broken out towards the end of the night. There had been a few Clanners there, and one of the Advys had gotten drunk and tried to eat one of them. That is, without using a morph first. The Clanners' friends objected to this, and then more Pathfinders thought to interject....the bouncers got involved, ect. In short, Anarchy reigned inside The Grind last night.

Gun grinned. He had been "rescued" by an Opi waitress, who spirited him out the employee exit, and then to her Jobe Luxury Apartment. Yeah, Gun felt a LOT better today.

He sighed. He had seen Ciy today. He had been talking to another female, possibly an Operative, about work, when Ciy suddenly "needed" his help with her Comm. He had met her at The Grind, (the bruised and bandaged staff didnt recognize him, fortunately), and he had fixed her Comm Unit. While doing so, he had planted one of his test tracer bugs in it. It needed to be tested anyway, and if SHE didnt find it right away, then maybe it would be useful on Operations. He was, slowly but surely, getting over her. Seeing her today convinced him of that. He was able to move on.

But, he wondered, is SHE moving on? As soon as he began talking about meeting that female on ch42, Ciy needed his help NOW. Hmm...sure looked like jealousy. He hoped not, after all, it was her idea to break it off. Gun really didnt need a well armed ex-girlfriend stalking his steps.

Gun walks up to the rear door of a building on the outskirts of Meetmedere. Knocking on the door, a peep slot opens up. Gun holds up his "Smokers Club" ID card, and enters as the door opens for him. Silently, the door closes behind him.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr pops out of the Grid exit into Rome Red District. He looks around, nodding at some of the regular crew hanging around the Grid point. Mentally listing the things to be done in Blue Dist, he heads that way. Striding around the fountain pool, he stops short as he notices a dot on his heads-up display.

'Ciy?? Here? But why would she...'

He stares in the direction his equipment tells him is Ciyanids location. Frowning, he casually strolls over to where a Unicorn Squad is posted. No Ciy to be found. Puzzled, he looks around the feet of a Unicorn Specialist. Still no sign. But his tracker tells him she is within 1 meter of him. A tunnel, maybe? He cranes his neck to face the huge Specialist and orders, 'Move".
    The amplified voice of the Unicorn Specialist rumbles from its speakers, 'Bite me, scab.'
    Gun, no longer paying attention to the Specialist is staring at his display. Not underground, but ABOVE ground. About 3 meters. About level with the Specialists.....helmet?

Gunfytr springs around the massive suit of armor and climbs up the back. The Specialist dances madly, trying to dislodge the flea on his back, but is unable to reach his arms behind him. Gun flips the emergency catches on the helmet and pulls the armor off as the Unicorn bleats in panic on his Comms. Gunfytr stares in befuddlement at the male Unicorn Trooper. Then he sees it. Taped to the back of the Suit is a chip, the SAME chip he had placed in Ciys deck. Suddenly, a huge metal hand grasps Gun by his own helmet and holds him dangling 3 meters off the ground.

Hanging off the ground by his head, Gun can only stare helplessly at the Unicorn Specialist holding him. The Specialist flips his helmet up, and looks down to his Squad Leader. Out of the corner of his eye, Gun can see the Squad Leader. Theres no talking himself out of this one, this time. He can still hear the first Specialist bleating. His Squad Leader glances up at him, 'Shut up fool. Thats what you get for being slow.' She looks up at Gun, "you're not real bright are you?' Silently Gun agrees with her, but remains still. The SL just shakes her head with a disgusted look. She calls up to the Specialist, 'Reclaim.'
    The Specialist grins, and still holding Gun by his head, raises his other gauntlet, and claps them together.

Guns last thought, before hitting reclaim, 'Oh, Ciy, that was dirty. Payback is such a bi-'
    Because we said so.

Jaeger rushed into Gunfytrs office.
    'Boss, you might wanna see this.'

Gun looks up, 'What you got?'

'We hacked an off-world transmission. We could only get the incoming half, tho.'

Gun takes the sheet and slowly reads it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Korbensen View Post
    ------TEXT-----

Growing paler by the sentence, he looks back up at Jag. 'Who else has seen this?'

Jaeger shakes his head, 'Just me."

Gun points at his couch, 'Sit.' Then hits a button on his Comm. 'React Team to my office, NOW.'

His mind racing, Gun hears the sound of boots racing down the hallway. Panting, Mossdog bursts in the room, Xan rifle held at the ready.

Holding up his hand, Gun begins barking out orders.

'Moss, you will sit on Jag until we can get him off-world. Jaeger, I want you to shut down that link, take the term you did this on and slag the harddrive.' Gun shakes his head, 'Hell, slag the whole damn comp. Do it now.'

He turns his attention back to Moss, 'NO questions. This is a "need to know" situation, and you dont need to know.'
    He looks back at Jaeger, 'ANY chance you got tagged on this?'

Wide eyed, Jaeger shakes his head, 'Really, really doubt it, Boss.'

'Ok, then maybe this "didn't" happen.' Gun looks around, 'Why are you people standing in my office?' The troops scamper out.

Alone, Gun kicks the door shut. Picking up the sheet of paper as though it were a nuclear warhead, which in reality, it was, Gun drops it into a burn container and hits a button.

He wearily sinks into his chair. They say knowledge is power. But some power is too dangerous to possess. They also say curiosity killed the cat, he just hoped to the gods they had a few lives left.
    Because we said so.

*Hey Boss?*

*yeah, Law, whats up?*

*I think you got a delivery here at HQ.*

*What? Is it ticking?*

*Heh, no...but you need to see this.*

*What....?*

*I just got attacked by the leet that was delivering it*

*What??*

*Then it un-morphed into a chick with red ponytails and ran off*

*Red ponytails....you're sure?*

*(laughs) I'm sure*

*I'm on my way*
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr strides thru Newland, heading for the grid point. As he walks, he goes over the recent happenings in his mind. His cheek still tingled from the kiss. 'No', he thinks, 'I wouldnt mind another like that, at all'.

Gun had stumbled across Ciy inside a Bar in Entertainment District. She was cornered by members of Omni Pol. Gun had come to her rescue, ((Yes, Ciy, it WAS a rescue. I have witnesses :P )), and after a short confrontation with DCI Hunt, got her out of the mess. Gun sighed. He hoped this wouldnt cause friction. His working relationship with Omni Pol was important. While not happy with it, Hunt had accepted his explanation that Gun was debriefing an Operative. Which WAS the truth, more or less.

He and Ciy had exchanged apologies about the whole tracking chip/head smashing thing. He liked the rose, too. It was a nice touch. He and Ciy really had to work out this love/hate/love/hate/i'm gonna kill you/kiss me thing they had going. It was exhausting, and he didnt have energy to spare. Especily now that the assassination conspiricy nuts were at it again (or were they "nuts" after all?). With Jaeger off-world and safely at Pathfinder HQ, he was the only one aware of the intercepted transmission. He would have to wait and see.
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr ghosted silently across the barren landscape, keeping a careful watch around him. The Aliens had a serious foothold in the Outlands, and part of the Pathfinders duties was keeping an eye on them. Gun had decided to go out himself and check on any unusual developments. Nothing new here, he mused silently, still no life. The Aliens were tenaciously fighting attempts to Terra-form the uninhabited parts of Rubi-Ka. And doing rather well in their efforts.

Gunfytr freezes as a weak signal comes across his comms.

*Anyone there? I could sure use a hand here.*

Homing in on the signal, Gun crests a low rise. He sees a lone figure in the distance, attempting a fighting withdrawal, a small horde of Aliens in hot pursuit. Gun moves around to where the figure is unknowingly leading the Aliens to a dead end. He looks over the walls of a cul de sac, as the figure realizes his mistake and prepares to sell his life at a dear price.

Cursing himself for not bringing a rope, Gun swings his legs over the side and slides down to land next to the figure. With barely time to acknowledge his presence, they go back to back as the swarm of Aliens charge
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr pins the last Alien to the ground with his boot, and hammers his now empty Xan rifle into its head. Glancing around, he quickly reloads, then draws a sigh of relief. Fighting Aliens is never a sure thing. You never know when more of them will pop in out of nowhere.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the unknown he had helped out of this predicament sag against the rock wall and fumble at the straps of his helmet. Taking off his own helmet, he turns, and is struck speechless as the young Solitus female shakes out long brown hair and sighs in relief. She glances over at Gun.

'Thanks a lot, pal. I thought I was toast. I should have known better than.....'

Her words trail off as she finally gets a good look at Gunfytr, looking him up and down, taking in his black armor and black sharpened shoulder spikes. Her gaze locked on the "OT" emblem on the front of his tank armor, she blindly fumbles for her P Blaster, leaning against the rocks at her side. A look of dawning horror slowly creeps across her face.

Gun shakes off the stupor and lets his rifle hang from its straps across his chest. Holding up empty hands, he says quietly, 'You're not gonna zap me after I saved your butt, now, are ya?'

The Clan Soldier holds her Blaster on Gun, intense brown eyes staring into his. Gun watches as conflicting emotions run thru her mind. Hands still up, Gun shrugs. 'Do it if you feel you have to, but its not a nice way of saying "Thank you".

The Soldier stares piercingly at him, and after a moment, lowers the weapon. Leaning back against a rock, she ruefully grins, 'I guess I do owe you thanks, after all. Who are you, and what made an Omlete save ME?'

'My pleasure, Ma'am. You may call me Gunfytr.' Rolling his head around his neck, he continues, 'Honestly, I didnt realize you were a Clan. Not that it would have made that much of a difference, I dislike Aliens a LOT more than I dislike the average Clanner. And who would you be?'

The Clan Soldier's eyes had widened slightly upon hearing Guns name, but otherwise gave no reaction. 'Aren't you........nevermind. I'm Mokeny0. What are you doing here?'

Gun laughs, 'Ahhh, now Lass, thats not a proper question. Any more than I'm going to ask you what YOU are doing out here, snooping around.'

Blushing slighty, she nods, 'Point taken. Well, I'm heading back to the Unicorn Outpost. If you're done with YOUR snooping....?'

Gun holds out a hand to her, and after a moment, she takes it, Gun pulling her to her feet. 'Alright, then. I got point.'

Gun takes lead, blazing a path out of the canyon, Mokeny0 falling in behind. Gun turns and flashes her a wink. Eyes sparkling, she sends him a grin in return. Still smiling, Gun faces front, inwardly chuckling as, once again, Fate sends him a curve ball. One recurring thought drifting thru his head, 'What is it with me and CLAN chicks??"

((Mokeny0 used with permission))
    Because we said so.

Gun sits in a back booth in Neuters R Us, chatting with Mokeny0. They had both acknowledged an interest in each other, and were enjoying each others company. Gun was telling the end of the "Leet from orbit" story, and had Mok rolling around her bench seat, laughing. Noticing a person standing at the entrance of the booth, Gun turns to see Aerya standing there. With a quick warning glance at Mok, he smiles in welcome, 'Good day, Aerya, and how is Reforms Finest today?'
    'I am fine, Major, and yourself?'
    'Doing quite well, as a matter of fact', Gunftyr grins.
    Noticing Mokeny0, Aerya examines her with a cool stare, 'I can see that. I dont believe I know your friend'
    Shooting Mok another glance, Gun waves in an off hand manner, ' Ahh, this is one of my people. Names are so blase these days.' Gun motions for her to have a seat on the bench across from him, 'So, what can I do for you?'
    With another evaluating glance towards Mok, Aerya grins slyly and slides in next to Gun, snuggling up next to him. She grins wider as she notices Mokeny0s cheeks turning pink. 'You looked lonely over here so I thought I'd come over and fix that.' She smiles sweetly into Moks scowl, 'Dont you think he looks lonely?'
    Mokeny0 opens her mouth for a scathing rebuttal, but is interrupted by Gun. "Sure you did, Omni Reform is well known for their concern. Now what are you REALLY up to?'
    Aeryas fake pout disappears instantly, "Fine, be that way. Ruin a girls fun, why dont you?' She gives a dramatic sigh, and becomes businesslike. 'I have a proposal for you.'
    'Do you now? How much does it pay? Whats the objective?'
    'Pay? There is no pay for this little venture, but I think you may be interested, none the less.'
    Gun turns to face her and leans back on the bench seat, 'Convince me.'
    Aerya nods, 'I have an idea. This is mine and mine alone. This is not a Reform sanctioned job, and Im doing it with assets that either I control personally, or trust. I am able to contribute my own personal team, information, and a plan. If we are successful, this will be known officially as a Joint Reform/Pathfinder Operation. With BOTH Units sharing in the glory. All I ask is the use of 1 or 2 of your Teams and your promise of absolute secrecy. If we fail, this must never be known.'
    Gunfytr slowly nods, 'I can promise to hear you out, and even if I dont decide to enter your little enterprise, I will keep it a secret between us.'
    Aerya nods in acceptance, 'Given the bad blood between our Units, I thought that this would help show the Administration that we are able to "play" together and turn a profit for the Corporation. Give me a time, and Ill have a disc with all the relevant data delivered to you.'
    'Allright', throwing Mokeny0 a wink, Gun says, 'Hopefully, Im going to be busy the rest of the evening. Send it to the Compound tomorrow.'
    Standing up, Aerya replies, 'It will be there. And just to wet your interest. You are aware of the teleporters that connect to the AI Motherships?'
    Gun nods slowly, 'yes'.
    Aerya grins, 'What if I told you where a smaller, more transportable, more "Accessible" version could be found. AND captured? Think on it.'
    With that, she whirls away and disapears into the gloom of the bar.
    Gun sits stunned, the possibilities racing thru his mind. He looks across the table at Mok, 'You didnt hear any of that conversation, ok?'
    Mok snorts, 'Are you kidding me? I had to sit there while that, that...trollop hangs all over you in front of me like that?? No way you're leaving me out of this!'
    Gun smiles at her, 'Ok, but we are gonna do it MY way. And you may not like it.'
    Because we said so.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast