Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heckler xp nerfed?

Well its like Lazy said. We are overdue for new stuff and improvements. There is also a lot of current things, both SL and RK that could be streamlined and improved as well.

Funcom employee

The Gas level and XP overrides have been set up again and should hopefully come back into effect within the next few hours.

This isn't the first time, I remember this happening a couple of years back. All due to some timer that is set that gives twice the amount of XP on shadowlands monsters, it was set for the "lifetime" of AO or something, so it ran out. Funny thing! :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

There's more to life than hecklers! I got my crat to 200 and had to farm guardian faction because I hadn't done any hecklers and had 2,500 guardian. Of course, it probably took a week instead of those "pay 500m and get 200 in a day" people.

Dailies + RK missions + other SL mob killings = more fun than afking
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    There's more to life than hecklers! I got my crat to 200 and had to farm guardian faction because I hadn't done any hecklers and had 2,500 guardian. Of course, it probably took a week instead of those "pay 500m and get 200 in a day" people.

Depends on what you're doing while afking, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    Depends on what you're doing while afking, doesn't it?
    This is true but if you're having fun while being afk-leveled it most likely means that something else means more pleasure to you and an integral part of the game (leveling) does not give you any pleasure which is - in my humble opinion - indeed a flaw in GAME design.

Quote Originally Posted by Banuta View Post
    This is true but if you're having fun while being afk-leveled it most likely means that something else means more pleasure to you and an integral part of the game (leveling) does not give you any pleasure which is - in my humble opinion - indeed a flaw in GAME design.
    yes.

there's about a million things i'd rather do than level a new toon. if i can afk on kite hill it means i can duallog and run some battle stations on my 2nd acct.
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 1st, 2013 at 18:26:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Banuta View Post

Not necessarily.

http://www.nickscipio.com/pod/media/...forfishing.jpg

I don't understand why they don't fix hecklers so that they run away when being attacked by too high players, like ALL other mobs except bosses.
    Tareon/Tarleo

Quote Originally Posted by Tarleo View Post
    I don't understand why they don't fix hecklers so that they run away when being attacked by too high players, like ALL other mobs except bosses.
    Well Hecklers is just dumb as rocks... so what did you expect ?
    Reading everything backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    yes.

there's about a million things i'd rather do than level a new toon. if i can afk on kite hill it means i can duallog and run some battle stations on my 2nd acct.
    isnt exacly that, why we love AO more then other "games" ?
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    This isn't the first time, I remember this happening a couple of years back. All due to some timer that is set that gives twice the amount of XP on shadowlands monsters, it was set for the "lifetime" of AO or something, so it ran out. Funny thing! :P
    Yes, it was a 10 year timer maybe ... towers fields that were not buildable suddenly openned, etc.

Glad it is being fixed ...

Kinnik

Thanks for the fix guys. This gives me motivation to make a new toon thats for sure.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

woot about time, now players have to relearn the concept of teaming (terrifying concept)

xD
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post

2,500 faction and you couldn't even get to Scheol iirc. You'll be killing pretty boring SL mobs till 200 then.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    The Gas level and XP overrides have been set up again and should hopefully come back into effect within the next few hours.
    OMG... Noohes! Don't give sl mobs double xp! No no no! Give RK mobs double xp instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

The faction-grind is so silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    This doesn't stop people doing hecklers who:
    All this does is annoy people and drive them away from creating more tl5s or tl7s.
    nah, players need to level on stuff that produce usefull loot so.

I think hecks is what makes this game lose players, as I assume people want to choose a profession that appeals to them and then go and perform the functions of the profession in a mmo-environment...IE, in a team.

With hecks (no loot or diversity here) being THE xp-source people is driven away from making TL5 or TL7 cause they would have to first grind xp (hecks) and then grind items (alone or log soldier/doc/crat to get lootrights) and then grind credatz and then grind tokens etc...rk-missions have both xp, tokens and loot...both profession-specific and generic-loot.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 2nd, 2013 at 13:45:00.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Assumed wrong I'm here to **** scrubs with the most OPd toon available.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    The faction-grind is so silly.

nah, players need to level on stuff that produce usefull loot so.

I think hecks is what makes this game lose players, as I assume people want to choose a profession that appeals to them and then go and perform the functions of the profession in a mmo-environment...IE, in a team.

With hecks (no loot or diversity here) being THE xp-source people is driven away from making TL5 or TL7 cause they would have to first grind xp (hecks) and then grind items (alone or log soldier/doc/crat to get lootrights) and then grind credatz and then grind tokens etc...rk-missions have both xp, tokens and loot...both profession-specific and generic-loot.
    What's stopping you doing rk missions, now, for that loot? Relating both the removal of hecks and the need to hire the treblesome pvm trio really is lol. You do realise what rk missions actually drop, right?

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    What's stopping you doing rk missions, now, for that loot?
    Everyone is doing hecks and dailies. Not wanna play alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    You do realise what rk missions actually drop, right?
    Nano-repetoir etc...IE, the functions of the profession. After hecks people just have a med-suit, no real experience or credz/gear. Team-dailies with heck-xp, tokens and a ton of loot would be better imo.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast