Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heckler xp nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    What about other SL mobs?

Did they miss some very weird table somewhere?
    SL staic mobs give same (or very similar) xp they used to. It would be nice if someone checked catacomb mobs, those had the highest HP of em all, yet gave some silly amount of xp, like 7k xp for ely cata mob that made no sense at all and was worse than froob content.

I cant really understand how anyone can say itll solve kiting problems. It wont, itll just take 2x more time it used to so our main problem - boring, repetitive grinding was just made even worse.

hmmm it seems rk missions are fastest option now :P!!
    altho it doesnt really matter to me im working on my 14th toon 220 anyway.

I made a suggestion once that paid subscribers could just have 50-100% xp buff while on rubi - ka that would solve many problems in better way.

Cata mobs (sided especially) gives normal XP, so atm its twice as for heck (up to 200k with perks and boosts).

Borg at lvl 110 gives around 35-45k xp, so after all - time to XP RK mission is BEST solution if you want to play the game.

And I want all AOE nukes to become SelfOnly or had their Nanocosts boosted by 1000%. No more nuking with OST.

Good work FC!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Yeah, having self only aoe nukes would be great ... oh wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    I cant really understand how anyone can say itll solve kiting problems. It wont, itll just take 2x more time it used to so our main problem - boring, repetitive grinding was just made even worse.
    Indeed the ONLY thing this accomplishes is make people that much more inclined to purchase level boosts from fcs store. FC screws over its paying player base some more to try and stuff their greedy little pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Indeed the ONLY thing this accomplishes is make people that much more inclined to purchase level boosts from fcs store. FC screws over its paying player base some more to try and stuff their greedy little pockets.
    He shoots ... and scores!

Obviously we see an interesting pattern here: generating problem while solution kindly awaits in fc store.
    1. Nerfed xp - buy xp stims of heckler juice, save your time.
    2. AI cities removed so there are no whompas and after all you dont enjoy those beautifull 11year old scenery of EFP - buy grid pill.
    3. Servers are merged so you cant play half of your characters because they did not fulfill their promises - buy character transfer and pay for second account.

FC store gives solutions to all our problems ...

I'm glad heckler XP has been nerfed. If hecklers are no longer the perceived "fastest" way to level, maybe people will finally be more easily coaxed into doing something other than killing rock monsters all day.

On a related note, I laugh when I see people bringing OSTs to borgs. You people realize they're kitable with a normal team, right? You don't even need an OST because the mob AI is so dumb that they never hit you as long as you keep moving. Even if you're a nanomage froob trader with less than 2k HP.

He who has agro runs in circles. The rest of the team shoots borgs in a barrel.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    He shoots ... and scores!

Obviously we see an interesting pattern here: generating problem while solution kindly awaits in fc store.
    1. Nerfed xp - buy xp stims of heckler juice, save your time.
    2. AI cities removed so there are no whompas and after all you dont enjoy those beautifull 11year old scenery of EFP - buy grid pill.
    3. Servers are merged so you cant play half of your characters because they did not fulfill their promises - buy character transfer and pay for second account.

FC store gives solutions to all our problems ...
    ad 1. I dont need to POWER level - I enjoy game as it is, including content it has to offer.
    ad2. I dont have such problem - I love to trawel around Rubi-Ka and always liked. 3 minutes of flying in yalm through nearest zone is not much of a time (some ppl are so lazy that they wait for recall beacon to activate few minites so...)
    ad 3. I was not greedy player and didnt make chars on both servers, just played on one, so again, its not a problem. Besides, I dont believe many have this much of a problem in chosing right character, since many of players I have spoke have them doubled (ie same char, same lvl same class) on other server.

So, again I didn't encountered any problems - I just find that you, and many others, dont like AO and MUST find something to troll about.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    I'm glad heckler XP has been nerfed. If hecklers are no longer the perceived "fastest" way to level, maybe people will finally be more easily coaxed into doing something other than killing rock monsters all day.
    doubt it. even with halved xp hecklers still offer the best xp:reward ratio. can do hecks in xp guns and a medsuit til 160, do a quick and dirty retwink into 200 ofab and then /follow your 220 main around inf mishes duallogged just as before, except now it takes twice as long if you don't buy xp pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    ad 1. I dont need to POWER level - I enjoy game as it is, including content it has to offer.
    ad2. I dont have such problem - I love to trawel around Rubi-Ka and always liked. 3 minutes of flying in yalm through nearest zone is not much of a time (some ppl are so lazy that they wait for recall beacon to activate few minites so...)
    ad 3. I was not greedy player and didnt make chars on both servers, just played on one, so again, its not a problem. Besides, I dont believe many have this much of a problem in chosing right character, since many of players I have spoke have them doubled (ie same char, same lvl same class) on other server.

So, again I didn't encountered any problems - I just find that you, and many others, dont like AO and MUST find something to troll about.
    +1

I dont mind travelling around by yalm either (if I had to do it on foot it would be different heh)
    NOw RK missions are probably best time/xp again, it might be possible to form RK mission teams again? (Gotta love the old days, have done this a lot in the past )

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I hate to inform you, but you seem to have some faulty logic. If hecklers give roughly half xp, that means killing roughly twice as many of them, so even more of a reason to use an OST.
    Yes, I personally think a better idea would have been to alter Hecks agg lists, make it so they don't agg to CH & Mongo as much, or at all and have them go after simple damage as a preference.
    Or make it so they don't agg to CH or Mongo unless they're taking damage from that person.

I think this may just have killed 'normal', 'old school' heck teams.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Although, maybe we will see a resurgence of Ado and Pen missions being run...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Pomi, just because you dont have problems with those changes doesnt exactly mean other people shouldnt. For example Im fine with fact you like to waste your time flying through empty zones like EFP etc. but i myself dont so ill use terminate macro or just play dual logged with my froob engi slave - those are band aid solutions that i find to be pretty strange tbh. and cant think of anything it really serves. Im sure traveling issue could be solved in an easy way, like making grid entrances at fgrid exits. Im also fine with fact you dont like powerleveling - dont do it then, easy, isnt it? I do like PL because ive seen "content" countless times and want to have a character of specyfic level as soon as possible. There is really no conflict between our styles of playing so why shouldnt they allow both of them?

ad 3. I was not greedy player and didnt make chars on both servers
    Since when making use of available character slots makes anyone "greedy"? Oh, c'mon ...

So, again I didn't encountered any problems
    Just because you didnt doesnt mean others didnt too. I, for example, did and what now? Shall we discuss whos idea is better? It seems pointless to me, i just want to play as i wish and dont force you to anything. Freedom of choice is always the best thing to have.

I just find that you, and many others, dont like AO and MUST find something to troll about.
    So ...?

Playing the game is also traveling from point A to B in any aviable method (be it grid, yalm, wings, walking) and I am not supprised there is no one room with all content in it, because some players aredont want to waste time for doing stuff. My advice: if traveling to point A to B is waste of time then dont do it
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

I think they need their xp cut down more. I find this being the best way to level absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    I think they need their xp cut down more. I find this being the best way to level absurd.
    right. nerf heckler xp into the ground instead of, you know, making new content, improving other content or doing any actual real work or thinking about how to actually improve the game. great idea. they should hire you as a dev.

as i've been saying for years now. the problem isn't the existance of heckler xp. the problem is the lack of alternatives. simply nerfing heck xp is just going to make people sit on kite hill for longer. dark ruins is a step in the right direction, but it's a small, stumbling step. one made years ago and without any progress since then. if there was a dark ruins-type thing in ely and scheol that would encourage someone to gear their toon and learn their prof to get through it as a "test" to see if you could move on from that zone it'd be great. would break up the monotony of heck grind somewhat. as it stands, 1-150 your options are /afk on kite hill, /afk at borgs or run the vestige of an era best left forgotten known as rk mishes. and i know which one of those three options i'd rather do.
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:33:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    right. nerf heckler xp into the ground instead of, you know, making new content, improving other content or doing any actual real work or thinking about how to actually improve the game. great idea. they should hire you as a dev.
    Thanks! Maybe ill apply!

But I agree, they do need to start improving the game. We all know that, and im hoping they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post

On a related note, I laugh when I see people bringing OSTs to borgs. You people realize they're kitable with a normal team, right? You don't even need an OST because the mob AI is so dumb that they never hit you as long as you keep moving. Even if you're a nanomage froob trader with less than 2k HP.

He who has agro runs in circles. The rest of the team shoots borgs in a barrel.

This doesn't stop people doing hecklers who:
    - want or have to afk
    - hate pvm
    - have billions of creds

All this does is annoy people and drive them away from creating more tl5s or tl7s.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    Hah! The people from kitehill will just move to something else that provides a similar system.

What they did is simply make the people that may want to kill hecks the "intended way" work twice as much.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast