Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Research

Global Research

Not sure if I've missed this in any pervious forum updates, but it seem like all the global research is gone. Why, Oh why? All vehicles gone...
    President of The M.I.A. Squad - The org that promise nothing, and delivers!

Tomifix 220/30 Fixer, Timifox 220/30 Shade, Doktorlege 220/30 Doc, Dontfearme 220/30 Keeper, Icdeadppl 220/30 TS Trader, Diedfromlag 220/30 Soldier, Lootitall 220/30 Crat
    And too many other alts.

Vehicles sucked, I welcome the change =p

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

Good ridence to vehicles.

Best change ever.
    I hope no side works towards vehicles so there will be no more morons APTing in BS!
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Yes, happy to get them out of BS. But not happy that we got to do dreads in a different way
    President of The M.I.A. Squad - The org that promise nothing, and delivers!

Tomifix 220/30 Fixer, Timifox 220/30 Shade, Doktorlege 220/30 Doc, Dontfearme 220/30 Keeper, Icdeadppl 220/30 TS Trader, Diedfromlag 220/30 Soldier, Lootitall 220/30 Crat
    And too many other alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomifix View Post
    Not sure if I've missed this in any pervious forum updates, but it seem like all the global research is gone. Why, Oh why? All vehicles gone...
    Im not at my pc to look but does that include personal mechs like the buyable obsidian that some have paid for?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I could still see global research in the research window, but the vehicles window is empty, which is "interesting" for several reasons:

• There's nothing about this content being removed, temporarily or for good, in the patch notes nor anywhere else.
    • Some of those mechs were preorder bonuses, specifically paid for by users to have access to along with the content they promoted.
    • The Scout Mech and the PMW Obisidan Edition mech is still available for buying with FunCom points on the account page, but apparently you no longer actually get anything for your money...?

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Im not at my pc to look but does that include personal mechs like the buyable obsidian that some have paid for?
    Yes, it does. The vehicle window is now completely empty. No preorder / FunCom Points bought mechs either.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Some Dev needs to clarify this! Are we expected to re-research Global Research again, as we did after the launch of Lost Eden? Or are the mechs bugged? Or are they removed, including ones ppl paid cash for?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

It's intentional.

1) Vhab said so when people pointed it out on testlive.
    2) I don't see how you could accidentally reset only the vehicle global research and not the RADs xD

I suspect FC didn't reset the RADs because the playerbase would literally riot
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Refund them with points and keep the trash mechs out of game forever then.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I could still see global research in the research window, but the vehicles window is empty, which is "interesting" for several reasons:
    [*]The Scout Mech and the PMW Obisidan Edition mech is still available for buying with FunCom points on the account page, but apparently you no longer actually get anything for your money...?[/LIST]
    Well I'll be...not enough to riot about since i rarely used it anyway. But I'm don't expect to get rear ended either. So I will gladly exchange the value of my paid for personal mech(s) with equivalant value or amount of IP reset points so i can reset a few pvm toons to pvp. (looking forward to dueling rk2 players!)
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Originally FC had all global research back at zero, including the ones that make the LE Huds work. They backed off and only made the mech-related research zero.

Notice though, TL patch notes say global research needs fixing still ... points you put don't post to the totals yet.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604211

I assume Mech's purchased with paid points will work again once they are researched.

Kinnik

As usual, FC's communication skills leave very little to be desired. No mention of this in patch notes, etc. A few of us know about it because we went on testlive, noticed it and bitched about it on a forum thread

FC, wake up! The general population of the game doesn't play on testlive nor frequent the forums much. If you're going to make changes like this, you have to tell the players properly, in a place where they might see it(patch notes might be a good start) and not just assume that everyone reads every thread in every subforum. It's when you guys pull something like this that i wonder about who's running the place. It's basic communication to your player base for goodness sake.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Hey FC,

In addition to updating the AO homepage like we've been telling you for months, you should also update the adverts for AO. They feature mechs which no one can use anymore.

Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Along with jetpacks that no longer exist!
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Hey FC,

In addition to updating the AO homepage like we've been telling you for months, you should also update the adverts for AO. They feature mechs which no one can use anymore.

They also did back when they just launched LE and noone could
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Best change ever.
    I hope no side works towards vehicles so there will be no more morons APTing in BS!
    I'm going to grind for APT again, just because I loved killing them with my rocket launcher!
    ಠ_ಠ

Bah, vehicles were fun. Get in the one that beat whatever vehicle you were up against, and whip out the launcher for the others.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Necroing this instead of starting a new thread.

I have talked with people on both clan and omni side, and it appears all 3 sides global research is still blank. Surely by now we should be able to see just a tiny bit of progress on some of the lines.

Are no one actually doing global research, or is the xp simply not being added?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast