Thread: How does Serenity and Montroyal compare?

How does Serenity and Montroyal compare?

As the title says. How do the two large city plots compare size wise?

Will both plots have room for all buffing buildings?

It looks like Serenity has alot of tiny places to put social buildings, but does this mean theres not room for all the large ones?

Did anyone go and measure, or could some Dev or GM maybe shed some light on this?

/Eeio

I made a 'map' of the two large cities. Both have 4 '5x5' , 4 '10x10' , 2 '10x15', 2 '15x15', 2 '15x20' and 1 '20x20'. The arrangement of them is different, but both have exactly the same number of buildable spots.

The Serenity Islands has twice as many '2x2' spots for small social stuff or whompa's and many other small spots to build small stuff. Montroyal only has '1x1' or '1x4' spots at the edges of the pre-made park areas. Montroyal has more pre-build stuff in the middle of the city. Serenity Islands has pre-build stuff along the beach-front.

Last difference is the Serenity Islands entrance from ICC is outside the "city" area while the Montroyal is much closer to the CC effectively inside the "city" area. This could be good or bad depending on your preferences.

We built in the Serenity Islands plot ...

Kinnik

I've also been wondering about this.

According to patch notes, they are both "large" plots, have the same cost to buy and maintain, nothing about the buildable area tho.

Comparing them to the small plot, it seems to me that the small one was made to be more in line with Serenity Island; they seem to have somewhat similar design concepts, and in my opininon Serenity Islands looks a lot better than Montroyal. I'm not entirely sure why was there a need for a second large spot (and an "inferior" one at that), when Serenity Island already existed...

So aestethics aside, is there any not immediately obvious difference in functionality between Serenity Islands and Montroyal?
    Last edited by Honorbound; Feb 28th, 2013 at 09:02:57.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Talking aestethics I way prefer Montroyal. I think the devs did a very good job on both that and the small city plot. I confess though that the added spots for social on serenity is also very tempting.

Thank you Kinnik. That was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

/Eeio

I actually prefer Serenity. Trash on the ground? Alien Corpses? What the hell were they thinking with Montroyal? And what the hell is that stupid bridge thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Elithas View Post
    I actually prefer Serenity. Trash on the ground? Alien Corpses? What the hell were they thinking with Montroyal? And what the hell is that stupid bridge thing?
    I laughed when I saw the corpses and trash. We are getting a new building, The Sanitation Department HQ. It will have 2 civil engineers to clean up the city. It will also decrease the trash mission counter in Borealis for the broken BS rounds. We haven't decided on the size for the rent yet, construction plans are still in the works.

I also prefer Serenity - the layout is nice and has ample space.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

The trash kinda belongs on RK imo. And I am really a fan of the tileset on the ground. Never been a big fan of all the buildings being planted on grass. I much prefer the concrete look.