Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acct Deactivation

Quote Originally Posted by SJSands View Post
    At the least, FC should have had a way to track the prior character ID and detailed instructions on how to restore those settings, but they didn't, so people are rightfully pissed off, in my opinion.
    That would have been the very least they could have done... Even thought i'm not surprised, i still think this wasn't handled in a professional manner and i think people are right to be upset as i am personnally upset.
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by SJSands View Post
    Luckily I was able to find the old file and restore it but I am somewhat computer savvy. Some people are not. They don't want to have to learn either. At the least, FC should have had a way to track the prior character ID and detailed instructions on how to restore those settings, but they didn't, so people are rightfully pissed off, in my opinion.
    This is exactely why they didnt, it would have created a whole new group of people that are not computer savy and screwed up something besides prefs. Again taking away ark/gm resources from bug hunting and other server merge issues that pop up.

Also this isn't the first server merge, the rk3 was migrated over also and reading about the issues they had or even talking to someone from rk3 would have answered a lot of questions anyone could have had.

In addition the old prefs are still nicely stored safely in another directory. I didnt mind being able to redo some hotbars and then compare it to my old bar layout. Actually showed me how much unused stuff I had cluttering some bars. Backpacks not such a big deal unless someone was cheap and only filled banks with "small" backpacks instead of getting some new fancy icon ones for important bank storage items. (I did in case AOIS stopped working)

I live by Murphy's Law's and expect the worse but hope for the best.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    That would have been the very least they could have done... Even thought i'm not surprised, i still think this wasn't handled in a professional manner and i think people are right to be upset as i am personnally upset.
    I find it kind of odd that no one knows Shift+F9 shows you your character ID.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

well finding the new ID isn't the problem. It's finding the old one...
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

I couldn't find my charid's other than via chat logs, which I didn't have turned on for most chars.

If you saved your itemassistant.db file from AOIS, you could open it in SQLite Browser and display the tToons table. This will show you your old charid and charname.

I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12