/pet rename not working

no matter what name i try i get "Nickname is invalid or reserved."
    anyone else having this issue?
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

It apparently checks character names. Very annoying.

My main pet has been named Loki since 2002, and I refuse to believe anyone would confuse a widowmaker with a player.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Bump!!!
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    It apparently checks character names. Very annoying.

My main pet has been named Loki since 2002, and I refuse to believe anyone would confuse a widowmaker with a player.
    This can't be right because I've seen people rename their pets after me (Byste) post-merge.

I think pets aren't being allowed to name any taken /pet/ name actually not character name. And it also seems to be required that pet names are only 1 word -- no spaces. Of course I could be wrong too...
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

It appears that naming is borked for some people, i can't change names on my engi pets they have the default names and any try to change it fails with a "Nickname is invalid or reserved." message, also i get a spam message on zoning unless i turn off the persistent pet name switch. I tried deleting the prefs for the toon as well to start fresh but no joy.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Funcom employee

We aim to resolve this in 18.6.1
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    We aim to resolve this in 18.6.1
    Good to hear thnx for your timely response
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

After some testing, it seems, the only names i cannot take for my pets, are the names I have been using up until the merge. I can rename them to more or less anything BUT those names.

Glad this is getting fixed. Had a funny renaming session yday... I've had the same pet names on a toon for years. Now they were gone, tried to rename and got that "Nickname invalid" thing. Tried quite a few names, always same. Figured it's bugged and typed "/pet rename plaa" for the fun of it. That worked! As I wasnt very fond of that, tried to just put them to default. Nickname invalid again! So now my healpet is Beelamorte or something, as that one *was* allowed.