Thread: XP in SL ^^

XP in SL ^^

I was doing a static run and noticed where ,igot XP for open the Chest or Kill a Mob o0 anybody else got the same Bug ?

You receive XP for killing a mob ? Thats odd.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

What.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

(13:21) Lockpicking successful.
    (13:21) 1728 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. for Opening a Closed Door
    (13:24) 1 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. For a Smelly Spider

Booth in a SL Static

How is that a bug?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmore1 View Post
    (13:21) Lockpicking successful.
    (13:21) 1728 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. for Opening a Closed Door
    (13:24) 1 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. For a Smelly Spider

Booth in a SL Static
    You used to get 1~2SK for unlocking a door/treasure chest, which is correct based on your XP allotment. Don't see anything wrong there.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

How is that a bug?
    The Char is 220 ^^^Forgot that to mention sry

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmore1 View Post
    The Char is 220 ^^^Forgot that to mention sry
    As I said, you get 1~2 SK, which is 1,000~2,000XP, for unlocking a door/chest.
    The system reporting on the research amount is merely correctly displayed for the first time since LE was released.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Yeah i know its around the same but i shouldt get XP with a 200+ Char it shouldnt be Possible

its cause they removed faction dependencies on research so u now get xp instead of sk when doing research. please read patch notes before rushing off and making threads

The other day I worked on ado progression quest with my lvl 60 and 220 duallogged. The lvl 60 got around 2000 xp when 220 lockpicked a chest.
    That before merge and maybe not so relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Youmad View Post
    its cause they removed faction dependencies on research so u now get xp instead of sk when doing research. please read patch notes before rushing off and making threads
    The patch notes imply that you always did get the xp, it was just displayed incorrectly as SK which factored your faction into the equation. Displaying the actual xp you get was likely the simplest fix, you can mentally divide it by 1000 if you want it in SK though
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

So does this mean that faction doesn't matter at all anymore?
    Can clanners kill redeemed and omni kill unredeemed with impunity now?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    So does this mean that faction doesn't matter at all anymore?
    Can clanners kill redeemed and omni kill unredeemed with impunity now?
    For research yeah. You still lose the standing I believe and normal SK gain is affected.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Hmmm, I'm confused then lol.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Hmmm, I'm confused then lol.
    Faction has never had an effect on research. The message is no appropriately displayed in XP, as the SK message takes into consideration faction when calculating XP -> SK (as all "rewards" are in XP values, SK is merely XP div 1,000 * faction div 50,000).