Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we get rid of the city plots now?

There was a post a few months ago talking about how much work the cities needed in order to be ready for the new engine so this has been put on hold. Guess I should look for that post huh?
    Cities can change hands too, but for credits Ahhhhhh, how the rich get richer, real estate!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=602774

There it is! See City Section.
    Last edited by Pinknpinker; Mar 5th, 2013 at 05:25:14. Reason: Found link

Please do not bring the outdoor cities back, they ruin the sense of exploration for new players and were a blot on the landscape.

Try to do something more constructive with the areas, content in both PvM and PvP would be nice to see, developed over time. Maybe new outdoor raids, maybe a king of the hill or capture the flag (sorry, whompa) style of PvP gameplay. I dunno, just ideas, but something with greater play content and fluidity than what they once were would be very nice to see.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    This is more-or-less the reason. There was no way to migrate the cities, and if the outdoor plots were open then there would have been an extremely unfair rush while everything else was being settled. Also, outdoor cities in general are an awesome idea but I think the way they operate in AO could use some improvement (and this is my personal opinion -- to tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands). However, any real improvement to the outdoor cities would require a wipe anyway. So the most practical solution was to turn them off for the migration, and then evaluate options for improvements before bringing them back. This also allows people to get settled so there isn't an insane land rush dominated by who can get through the post-migration login queue fastest.
    tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands

excellent !

This is a great chance for the game, to have something really cool.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

When I was new to the game it was fun running around exploring. Finding the players cities was just as fun. They where new and I did not know what they where about. I quickly learned the whompahs was great way to loose the chasing panthers I would pick up going to and from missions in distant dungeons.

:P Imagine the epic pvp if cities are to be taken. Make it 8 hour long pvp or something like that. Epic long fight, unlike towers.

or make it so friendly fire fills up CT and opposing fire depletes CT huhu.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    ... to tie them somehow to PvP so they can change hands.
    I can't imagine paying a huge amount of credits to buy and maintain the old type of outdoor city, just to lose everything to the opposite faction -- especially with instanced cities being so available. However, I could see something like small city outposts in key spots in the wilderness that include a transport area (and maybe a few other benefits), with two-way travel to/from the grid, but only available to the faction that currently controls it.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Make it 8 hour long pvp or something like that. Epic long fight, unlike towers.
    uhm, like no, towers used to be like that, they get boring since they've been ingame for ~10 years.

Rover Rover send giant big blob right over? no thanks.

Fc needs to send Notum Wars over the Overhaulin and leave unrelated to nw's booster content separate from Ai expansion content.

UNLESS, you meant like the bases in Tabula Rasa
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Mar 5th, 2013 at 23:40:45.

Personally, I would like to see the outdoor cities done away with, and make the landscape look natural again. Maybe add some content in COP and COT. I am sure they can plant some whompas where some of the cities were with some cool places around them for us to go to for content. When was the last time content was added to Rubika to give paid and froobs more things to do in game?
    President of Elements of Destruction, Omni (http://www.elementsofdestruction.com/)
    Vhabot NextGeneration Developer (http://vhabot.com)
    AO-Central Developer (coming soon)
    Notable toons:

Big "Kilmanagh" Kahuna (220 AI 30 LE 70 MA)
    Office "Reinke" Space (220 AI 30 Crat)
    Femme "Wrangler" Fatale (220 Trader)
    Doctor "Obgyn" Feelgood (220 AI 30 Doctor)
    The "Ubri" Vladinator (220 MP)
    Ted "Nuge" Nugent (215 Advy)
    Weekend "USAF" Warrior (211 Sol)
    Shelby "Sarasota" Lynn (150 AI 20 Fixer)
    Soul "Megadeath" Reaper (201 Shade)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12