Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could we try that tower rush again?

Could we try that tower rush again?

Woohoo the merge is here finally. Great, been looking forward to this for some time now.

Especially I had been looking forward to the dash for towersites when the servers went live again.

But this got completely ruined, at least for me, by several different problems.

First of all there was the "premature" server restart. I really wish FC would have stuck to some kind of deadline here, so everyone knew more or less when to be ready to log on, instead of this, where I suddenly find out they are online, an hour after they go up.

Secondly, due to the fact that everyone except presidents got demoted to applicant, I couldnt even plant any towers had I been online, since our president hadnt been online yet.

All in all I think this towersite reset has been handled terrible, and completely unfair.

I know im just dreaming, but what I would love, would be another reset (only the towersites this time) within a week or so, where servers go down for however long is needed for the reset, and then they go online at a set time. This time everyone will be able to make preparations, we will have sorted this annoying org rank issue, and everyone will have an equal chance to go grab towersites and join in whatever mayhem may happen after.

/Eeio

NW's is long over-due for a total overhaul.

Eeio. Stop whining.

You should have known already that you wouldn't be able to plant -- it was made perfectly clear ranks except Prez are reset. If your prez didn't prepare, then oh well.

I agree that it was kind of annoying to discover the merge completed many hours ahead of schedule but it was perfectly within their right and frankly you can always count on estimates being off -- that's what they gave us, an estimate. Not an exact restart time.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Eeio. Stop whining.

You should have known already that you wouldn't be able to plant -- it was made perfectly clear ranks except Prez are reset. If your prez didn't prepare, then oh well.

I agree that it was kind of annoying to discover the merge completed many hours ahead of schedule but it was perfectly within their right and frankly you can always count on estimates being off -- that's what they gave us, an estimate. Not an exact restart time.
    I was not aware of the rank reset. My bad for not trolling the forums enough I guess.
    How do you define "perfectly clear" though? It doesnt say anything about this in the patchnotes, it only mentiones froobs not being allowed as leaders anymore. No one else ive talked to realized this too, so it cant have been that perfectly clear"

Anyways Im just sad there was no focus on towers at all from FC. They could have turned this into a fun event. They could even have made a dash for some storyline, trying to explain the reset.

I am neutral and I have held no illusions about my ability to hold a TL6+ towersite. It would have been gone in days if not in hours.

I would still have loved the chance to try though, just for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    They could even have made a dash for some storyline, trying to explain the reset.
    Oh god, it's sinking in now. The RK2ers really are here.

Only concern I have is that Clan accounts were prioritised in the merge process so they could log on before omni and take fields.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    So are the wiseguys that completely ignore the rest of a post to focus on one little aspect of it.

Anyways last I heard, it was RK2 that was spanking RK1 in PVP in Bor?

Something about you guys actually being a bit of a dissapointment pvpwise?

Riiight doesn't Paradise and Northern Star (omni) have 2x TL7 fields each?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

We (Paradise) only have 1 as far as I know... Unless the other is on the towers org...
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Only concern I have is that Clan accounts were prioritised in the merge process so they could log on before omni and take fields.
    Clan GMs help us 'sploit ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

As long as every scheduled 24 hour downtime only lasts 12 hours I am happy. Last few downtimes were all ended prematureley... So that's funcom delivering ahead of time. Take note!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Riiight doesn't Paradise and Northern Star (omni) have 2x TL7 fields each?
    I admit we went for two. But side XP is important and there will be certain flux in future...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Woohoo the merge is here finally. Great, been looking forward to this for some time now.

Especially I had been looking forward to the dash for towersites when the servers went live again.

But this got completely ruined, at least for me, by several different problems.

First of all there was the "premature" server restart. I really wish FC would have stuck to some kind of deadline here, so everyone knew more or less when to be ready to log on, instead of this, where I suddenly find out they are online, an hour after they go up.

Secondly, due to the fact that everyone except presidents got demoted to applicant, I couldnt even plant any towers had I been online, since our president hadnt been online yet.

All in all I think this towersite reset has been handled terrible, and completely unfair.

I know im just dreaming, but what I would love, would be another reset (only the towersites this time) within a week or so, where servers go down for however long is needed for the reset, and then they go online at a set time. This time everyone will be able to make preparations, we will have sorted this annoying org rank issue, and everyone will have an equal chance to go grab towersites and join in whatever mayhem may happen after.

/Eeio
    To be honest, I was thinking the same thing, FC said the servers would be up 24hrs after 10am, we were all ready for that, would have been a good piece of fun, but by the time I logged on, not only were the high lvl sites planted, they were in 75% gas, so no PvP there...

If Clan accounts were prioritised, how come all the high lvl sites are omni?

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Last I noticed, we'd just about wiped omni out on RK2...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

An accurate representation of what happened last night when server went up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8KN0luWt-zQ
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nice, Omni presidents are too lax to pay attention enough to try and log in as soon as they can and its suddenly a conspiracy that FC is trying to support Clans lol. Wonder what the excuse is for neutral orgs having tower sites.

***EDIT***

Made it sound like FC was making the conspiracy instead of players lol.
    Last edited by Gatester; Feb 27th, 2013 at 22:58:17.

I for one am not ready to jump on any conpiracy theory at this point.

However I have been around to check every single TL7+ site, and it does in fact look like clan got most of them. I was able to find a small handfull of omni sites, but the rest of them where all clan.

I for one am not ready to jump on any conpiracy theory at this point.

However I have been around to check every single TL7+ site, and it does in fact look like clan got most of them. I was able to find a small handfull of omni sites, but the rest of them where all clan.
    Pretty much comes to who got the skills and logged on first to distribute rank.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Who the F... cares about who got to rush bases first when they can't keep them after a week?

Theres probably gonna be a lot of fighting over the towers the coming weeks anyway.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Some of us have jobs - ya know, to pay for the game and logging in at work is highly frowned upon.

In any event, FC dropped the ball big time on this one. This could have been an epic battle for sites and towers wars like old. But nope, lets just allow folks who are available during the time frame to get their toons and take sites. Were any sites acutally contested or where they all empty and just planted?

Great job FC - another blown oppurtunity
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

The contest should start about now...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast