Thread: I really like what they did to the quests people had ongoing

I really like what they did to the quests people had ongoing

Haha, first thing they messed up. Let the list continue.
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Did a daily and this is what I got.

(23:40) 45000000 of your XP were allocated to your personal research.

Should be SK.
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

I was refering to the fact that if you had any quests in your quest window, now they are gone.
    le: i just realised you ware adding to the list hah
    Mad as a Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by Edis View Post
    Did a daily and this is what I got.

(23:40) 45000000 of your XP were allocated to your personal research.

Should be SK.

Patch Notes -> Personal research gain output has been updated to reflect it's not affected by faction standing.
    Clan - My Way - Veteran

Pabloz - Level 220 Shade :: Nobizhx - Level 220 Keeper :: Fedix - Level 220 Doctor :: Luserina - Level 220 Crat :: Dapimp - Level 215 Agent :: Pvpgawd - Level 150 Engineer

Wouldn't it be a fixed amount of SK then instead of XP?
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

Nah. All SK is based on faction, they cant 'fix' that easily enough. They'd actually have to re-write alot of code for that, they decided to go for the easy way.
    Clan - My Way - Veteran

Pabloz - Level 220 Shade :: Nobizhx - Level 220 Keeper :: Fedix - Level 220 Doctor :: Luserina - Level 220 Crat :: Dapimp - Level 215 Agent :: Pvpgawd - Level 150 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Danerf View Post
    Patch Notes -> Personal research gain output has been updated to reflect it's not affected by faction standing.
    What does this mean? Does it mean that your level of faction no longer has any baring on what SK you get?
    If so, does this mean that it doesn't matter what SK you have anymore, you can kill what you want and there's no down side?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

No, it means faction doesn't affect research. They implemented that by changing the research you receive post 200 from sk to xp. Normal faction rules still apply for sk going to your shadowlevel pool.
    Mad as a Hatter

In other words, the xp gain goes directly to research and is not converted to SK first (as that is where faction comes into it). This was likely always the case, but the system message used the SK value, which was therefore too low unless you had 50K faction (or it capped I guess!)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

So no more staying 199 for research, nice.

Any global research on mechs has been reset. That seems to be a bug.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Its how they've done research gains since the start, its just that now they've changed the system message to be accurate. Anything you sent to research(as opposed to leveling) has always been sent as xp unaffected by faction. Its just that the system message for 200+ chars converted that value to sk, which is affected by faction. I tested this with several cases previously including a toon with 0 faction, and reported 0 sk gain, yet the research bar still moved. FC confirmed this as a bug in response to my forum thread on it ages ago. Glad this has been fixed

With regards to staying at 199 for research, this still makes sense if you're going to be parking char at 200. The main reason why people were maxxing out research at 199 rather than 200 was because the daily rewards for a level 199 is about 22mil xp as compared to 16mil xp for a 200. Even if that 16mil xp is now rightly shown on daily completion, its still a lot less than 22mil.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

research was never affected byt faction. all they changed is the yellow text that shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    So no more staying 199 for research, nice.
    not quite. the 199 elite mantis daily gives more xp than the 200 prisoner elite daily.
    Last edited by Lazy; Feb 27th, 2013 at 17:23:04.

Good point, additionally, the mantis daily has a spread out reward, which is more conducive to research at lower levels due to caps.