Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neutnet

Neutnet

Neutnet is up and running...however it will be in maintenance mode until People.anarchy-online.com is up and running.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Does this mean our bans will all be gone by the time we can use NN? Or do we just shun NN and use Dnet/sided spam bots?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Everything is wiped from the database, so people start with a clean slate.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Hmm, good to hear. I need to start filling my list with relays onces again ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I've made it so people are able to register mains and alts without PoRK being up. It may cause some issues I'm not aware of though...think it should work, but please be nice if it doesn't. After PoRK is back up I'll update and apply ruleset to all subscriptions. Basically at least 1 toon in the subscription should be level 50 or higher, if not I delete the subscription.

Currently you will not be able to register bots.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Are we going to have both neutnet and dnet now? While neunet is the pioneer dnet feels a lot faster.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Well...Neutnet will be running regardless of any other massmessagebots. It's up to the community to use it really. As for speed...when did you use Neutnet last time? It's close to instant messaging atm, even during peak hours.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Are we going to have both neutnet and dnet now? While neunet is the pioneer dnet feels a lot faster.
    Neutnet's speed had been improved significantly before the merge. It used to take me anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes to receive spam (sometimes it wouldn't arrive at all), but when I came back to the game after a break I was receiving spam almost instantly.

Dunno what you did to make it faster Zac, but thanks!
    :E

Also considering the fact that Neutnet bots were running in double digits I think. It was still rather usefull tool.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Zacix really did an amazing job last time he updated neutnet. Used to take 10-40min to get the message, now it takes anywhere from 2 seconds to a maximum of 5-6 minutes.
    Very useful tool
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Do you plan on changing the 2 hour shopping channel restriction due to the fact that your performance isn't as much as a concern anymore? I believe dnet was what... 10 minutes? 8?

It's been discussed, so yeah...it's on the table. Now the concern is getting the merge right though.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Cool thanks for the fast update and hopefully everything goes smooth on your end!

Thanks...going fairly smooth so far. Shopping timeout Down to 30 minutes now.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Good to have this bot around. Dnet as an alternative makes one shudder.

So anyway...I'm sure Dnet has some nice features that Neutnet don't have. What's the most wanted feature people want from Dnet to be implemented in Neutnet?
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
    So anyway...I'm sure Dnet has some nice features that Neutnet don't have. What's the most wanted feature people want from Dnet to be implemented in Neutnet?
    I for one don't get the need of having to have "spam" and "all" when I'm trying to send a message on neutnet.
    Dnets /tell dnet !shopping wts blablabla seemd much easier. It's not a big thing, i just don't get the need of typing spam and all in every message there

The reason behind that is that some people only want messages sent to certain factions. Some people don't buy/sell to people of the opposite faction, or invite them to raids/teams.

It's still a very good suggestion. !spam could be eliminated regardless if you want faction or not. Could be !pvm clan <message>. I think I'm going to make an alias so !shopping <message> would be an equivalent to !spam shopping all <message>.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

To [neutnet]: !events !events, !pvm, !pvp, !lootrights and !shopping should now work as an alias for !spam <channel> all <message>
    Neutnet: Your message is being distributed
    Neutnet13: [Events] !events, !pvm, !pvp, !lootrights and !shopping should now work as an alias for !spam <channel> all <message> [Zacix]
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast