Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old to new Prefs

Quote Originally Posted by Quee View Post
    I agree my self to almost every thing above - i wont play Wow , but there is so many games i play besides AO.
    I have played AO since beta 3 , with 4 paye'd account (since the release) and 4 froob account and all of em was filled with chars (both server 1 and 2) ...... i did write down the old ID so i could transer some part but when i have to re-do all my packpacks to and some other stuff - i did just lost my interst in AO , i can always hope im getting it back. ..... But u never know ....

I could understand the Char ID - but not the back pack name or the prefs hotbars and other stuff....

Way to go FC as usual

I agree, dead population > the odd backpack name being lost. Whoever thought this update was a good idea I don't know!

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

I checked my main toons on auno, found which was oldest. Oldest = lowest old id.

Badorde 220/30 ranger troxer adphy
    Mindsphere 220/30 soli crattikus
    Crowey 220/30 nindja tr0xs healthgivas
    Badorder 220/30 pewpew troks reflector
    Badodor 220/30 tarder

bump for this. i did it the hard way, wasnt so hard anyways. becose for each char i found i wrote down old id+new id in a notepad doc with the char name. so i could faster narrow down the last alts without needing to go over and over the same prefs

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes, the worst company ever. Next they'll tell us they're going to be nerfing things too. Nerfing! How dare they even consider nerfing what we worked so hard for all these years!
    Masta's got inside info. Quick lets gang up on him. he's always ahead of us info wise!
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

the main problem if there is a problem was as usual lack of information. I know the merge was discussed to death on these forums but I am beginning to realise that a not insignificant portion of the playerbase never actually bother to read these.

We could argue all day about whose fault that is but as paying customers they probably had some rights with regards published information concerning server merge other than the launcher telling em server was down.

I am very glad merge is done but yet again am left feeling it could have been done "more professionally"

Quote Originally Posted by RemodCrat View Post
    Then in New Prefs Folder located in C/Users/Pcname/APPDATA
    No such folder exists.

I've tried C:\documents and settings\username\application data and nothing was there, either.

I also tried c:\documents and settings\all users\application data. Inside that I found a Funcom folder, but that only contained prefs for AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    No such folder exists.

I've tried C:\documents and settings\username\application data and nothing was there, either.

I also tried c:\documents and settings\all users\application data. Inside that I found a Funcom folder, but that only contained prefs for AoC.
    its not application data, just appdata. Open Search bar under start Button Type appdata hit enter the folder should pop up. some people have had problems if the Folder is Hidden. or admin rights among other things

also if its not installed on C, i cant help any further
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Quote Originally Posted by RemodCrat View Post
    its not application data, just appdata.
    Let's start with the fact that there is no "c:\users" folder. It's safe to assume the rest is nonexistent as well.

For some reason instead of "C:\documents and settings\username\application data\Funcom\Anarchy online\prefs", it's under "C:\documents and settings\username\Local Settings\application data\Funcom\Anarchy online\8 digit hex number\Anarchy Online\prefs" where at least three different levels of that are hidden folders.
    Last edited by Keldros; Mar 1st, 2013 at 03:41:56.

Funcom employee

Launcher > settings > gui.
    There's your path
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

download total commander if win 7 and you can see hidden files

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    download total commander if win 7 and you can see hidden files
    Why would you need another program just to see hidden files in win7?? Just change setting on seeing hidden files in explorer options if that's a problem
    Last edited by cybertron; Mar 2nd, 2013 at 00:29:23.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

So I finally sucked it up and started making an effort to transfer prefs, by noting down new CharIDs and then scrounging through all old CharIDs in any hope of finding a link to the character I was looking for. First character I found after about 10 mins of scrounging, copied over the entire toon pref folder, logged in the toon, everything back to normal except.... bag names.
    It took days just to get the motivation to even attempt to restore prefs, only to find I STILL have to rename all my bags from scratch. I don't have it anywhere near as bad as Jill, but I still have a lot of bags on a lot of toons and once again, I have lost all motivation to give a damn.

@Jill, might see you on WoW soon.

So, if you where in a guild with a BeBot, and the admin of the bot had sense to save the old users table, you could ask him to do a little query and get the new vs. old ids.

To get the new id's your toons would have to be logged into the game 1-2 days prior to doing the query, as the new id does not appear in the funcom XML the bot use before the toon is activated. This is convinience more than requirement, as you can get the new charid easy inside the game by pressing shift F9.

Now if you have a very nice bot admin, like me , he/she might even provide a web interface where you can query for this information.

I'm no expert in mysql, but here is my query. If you used the !alts function in BeBot and registered your alts, if you query for the main toon, it will also list all the alts.

SELECT t2.nickname,CAST((t1.char_id & 0xFFFFFFFF) as UNSIGNED INT) as char_id_old,t2.char_id as char_id_new from myguildbot_users as t2, myguildbot_users_orig as t1, alts WHERE t1.nickname=t2.nickname AND alts.main='mytoonname' AND t1.nickname=alts.alt UNION SELECT t2.nickname,CAST((t1.char_id & 0xFFFFFFFF) as UNSIGNED INT) as char_id_old,t2.char_id as char_id_new from myguildbot_users as t2,myguildbot_users_orig as t1 WHERE t1.nickname=t2.nickname AND t1.nickname='mytoonname';

if you have toons spanning across multiple user tables, in the case of relayed bots i.e. You can just double and triple up on the query with unions...

In the query above myguildbot_users is the new table containing charid's after server merge, and myguildbot_users_orig is the backup table of the old charids.

Question is, is your bot admin nice, did he/she do a DROP or a RENAME

I imagine someone maintaining a raid bot would have a lot of old charid's to hand out if they bothered also =)
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    220/30/68 Trader
    220/30/68 Doc
    220/18/58 Trader (Tradeskiller)
    220/16/32 Meta-Physicist
    200/30/67 Enforcer
    200/26/65 Soldier
    161/22/27 Keeper
    150/20/39 Enforcer
    150/14/37 Adventurer
    136/17/35 Nano-Technician

thanks man. was a nightmare to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Come back puzzy
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

I did my prefs straight after merge and found them easy enough.

This is how it worked for me...

If you can remember the order your characters lined up (top to bottom) in the character selection screen then its not too bad providing you haven't deleted\created any chars since. Your oldest char is at the top of the list and your newest char is at the bottom of the list. (for me anyway) it is the same in your prefs folder. Organise the view of the folder to list view and order by name. The name of your character folder (characterid) with the lowest numerical value is the oldest toon. The highest is your newest. The one with the second lowest numerical value is your second toon etc. The lowest numerical value stood for both the new prefs folder and the old.

Go to your old prefs folder and slip inside the folder of lowest numerical value and copy all contents. Navigate to your new prefs folder and slip inside the folder with the lowest numerical value and delete what's there before pasting your old prefs in.

Repeat for charid of second lowest numerical value.

Repeat for third

Etc

I haven't read entire thread so no idea if it has been suggested already and or whether reason as been stated as yo why this is a bad idea but this worked for me and made it quite a simple process.

Obviously it complicates things more if you have created/deleted toons since the old prefs was in use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123