Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old to new Prefs

Old to new Prefs

Find your Old ID to the toon you want First. By looking into Prefs/aoname/IDnumber/Chat
    you Hopefully have chat logs. if you find your name in a chat log Multiple times its most likely That toons ID number.

Then in New Prefs Folder located in C/Users/Pcname/APPDATA Look for the new FC folder
    you will see Pref folder. If you logged too many New ID's it will be more difficult.

To find whats your new Toons ID. Open Chat Config. and Click to log a chat window. say some crazy ****. Then log off. Go into the New Prefs folder with new ID's(Prefs/aoname/NEWID and look for that Chat log.

Once you have Found Both ID to the same Toon. Delete everything inside of the NEW IdFOLDER. DO NOT DELETE THE IdFolder itself. then Copy over everything inside the Old ID folder.

Appdata\\\\
    funcom \\\\\ Oldprefs
    AONAME \\\\\ AOname
    NewID folder \\\\ OldID folder
    Delete insides \\\\ Copy over insides to new ID of same toon

If you have no Logs at all
    you have two choices

Redo it all or check the painfull way

Painful way: when you know which Char ID is the new one, and you're looking for the old one....
    Go into Every Old IDfolder. and copy the Insides into the NewIDfolder 1by1 till everything loads up... Log on/off with one set of old setting... till you find it
    process of elimination.

SIDENOTE: Turn of XP gain on Twinks. it will be Reset. that and Mentor invites...
    Last edited by RemodCrat; Feb 27th, 2013 at 00:33:10.
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

I got the Gui back, but still struggling with the bag names..
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Man i wish i remembered to write down char ID numbers pre merger.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Man i wish i remembered to write down char ID numbers pre merger.
    Having the same trouble, looking through text logs I can't remember who I'm having the conversation on and not finding anything identifying... I wonder if there's any way at all to link the old and new char numbers?

Yeah and all my chat logs seem to be ancient, i dont seem to have any logs from anything recent that i know ive played on.

Really annoyed that this has been left to the players to sort out. I dont want to spend my time crawling through ID numbers and appdata and guessing which match up. I have about 4 accounts I use, which contain a number of chars used as banks, (im sure we all have plenty)

I REALLY dont want to have to spend time renaming every backpack!

Found the nice thread pre supplied "http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=603454" regarding this topic, but its already too late for me to export the previous database.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

aye Oh man, I really don't want to spend the next 2 days setting up 4 accounts worth of prefs...

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Having the same trouble, looking through text logs I can't remember who I'm having the conversation on and not finding anything identifying... I wonder if there's any way at all to link the old and new char numbers?
    if you have the Log
    open it in notepad

If your looking for say TheDevil
    hit CTRL F and search for the name. if it pops up Multiple/ALOT times. should be that toons ID folder
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Forget it, i'm just gonna start fresh. Gonna redownload the client again too as the one im using ive copied from OS install to OS install for countless years and its become bloated so ill start fresh there too.

Been needing to fix up toons UIs a bit anyway. At least i had the mind to take screenshots of my toons ui before the merge. But not the mind to copy the ID#s...idiot lol

I understand what you mean I think but what I'm getting when I navigate char****** > chat > Windows > Window1 / Inputhistory.xml - is a log of some conversation that seems to be roughly a month old or so and instead of saying Muddy: hello blah blah all I'm pulling up is <TextLine text="hi there " /> ... all the way down.

Is this correct or am I still beating around the wrong bush

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I understand what you mean I think but what I'm getting when I navigate char****** > chat > Windows > Window1 / Inputhistory.xml - is a log of some conversation that seems to be roughly a month old or so and instead of saying Muddy: hello blah blah all I'm pulling up is <TextLine text="hi there " /> ... all the way down.

Is this correct or am I still beating around the wrong bush
    i check the Log.txt i havn't opened the XML's

if you dont have log.txt then you maybe out of luck. ive got like 500mb on one toon of log.txt

yeah doesn't look like I have any log.txt... damn

Oh well, better get started then lol :/

Thanks for your help

I wish we could have our friends lists here...

So many old names of people that I wish would log on
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Its a shame that we as players have to take care of this ourselves...
    Also the missing friendslist, how do we get that back??

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    Its a shame that we as players have to take care of this ourselves...
    Also the missing friendslist, how do we get that back??
    Probably wont with new Char ID's

if you dont have any logs. you can just go to Prefs/aoname/ then do a search for your character. Then make sure windows searches through file contents. it should tell you your old char ID.
    Tnafessit, Zombiefant, MagZu, magzu3.. etc

bump

Shift-f9 tells you your charID also, easy way to get your new one.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Really annoyed that this has been left to the players to sort out. I dont want to spend my time crawling through ID numbers and appdata and guessing which match up. I have about 4 accounts I use, which contain a number of chars used as banks, (im sure we all have plenty)

I REALLY dont want to have to spend time renaming every backpack!
    Ditto. This is by far the stupidest thing the Devs have ever done. I cannot, for the life of me, think who in their right mind would think it a good idea to move the location of the prefs folders, completely resetting them, and not have an easy fix, a simple "copy whole old prefs folder, paste to new location" fix. Everyone now has to either a) start from scratch, on every toon. Many of us having multiple accounts of several toons. Which not only means putting our GUIs back to normal, but renaming every bag, as well as in banks, and setting all F10 setting back to normal.
    or b) Log every toon, find their new Char ID, search through old log files to match up with the old Char ID, and copy all the contents of old into new....
    Choose the lesser of two evils. I'd obviously go with B, but its still a damn tedious pain in the arse which I for one do not have the time or motivation to do.

1. Log in a char
    2. Clear your shortcut bar
    3. Add a couple nanos to your shortcut bar that you know you had there before.
    4. Exit, go to the folder under Prefs\username that has the most recent Date modified (the one just saved): e.g. C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\43bd6462\Anarchy Online\Prefs\username\Char310679.
    5. In the Containers folder, find ShortcutBar_0.xml, which will now contain the IDs for your nanos.
    6. Compare the new ShortcutBar_0.xml to all of your old ShortcutBar_0.xml files until you find the one that matches.
    7. Copy the contents of the Containers folder containing the old ShortcutBar_0.xml folder to the new Containers folder.

I'd give more details, but it is past my bedtime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast