Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the new mouse Cursors.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    You can download the files of the default gui from most patches here: https://bitbucket.org/Savagedlight/aogui/src. Just click on the button labeled "default", select "Tags", and pick the patch you want.
    Doing this, I get a list of mostly .xml files. Only Image files are the AO login logos etc. Sorry I'm really noobish with GUI modding, but from where should I look for those cursor graphics?

bump for a cursor that doesn't look like arnold schwarzenegger humping a smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Doing this, I get a list of mostly .xml files. Only Image files are the AO login logos etc. Sorry I'm really noobish with GUI modding, but from where should I look for those cursor graphics?
    These instructions are not exactly a tutorial, but more like something to get you started:

The GUI graphics archives are stored in <root>\Archives and <root>\Archives_ep1.
    You have to select a version prior to 18.6 (such as 18.5.4) to find them.

Download both the .UVGI and .UVGA files (hereby called A), then use this tool to extract the contents of the files. Same applies to whichever custom UI you are editing (hereby called B). Then, move the appropiate file(s) from A into B, re-compile the archive, and drop the new archive into the custom GUI folder you are using.
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 16:01:40. Reason: Fixed broken links.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

These instructions are not exactly a tutorial, but more like something to get you started:

The GUI graphics archives are stored in <root>\Archives and <root>\Archives_ep1.
    You have to select a version prior to 18.6 (such as 18.5.4) to find them.

Download both the .UVGI and .UVGA files (hereby called A), then use this tool to extract the contents of the files. Same applies to whichever custom UI you are editing (hereby called B). Then, move the appropiate file(s) from A into B, re-compile the archive, and drop the new archive into the custom GUI folder you are using.
    Seems to go bit over my skill limits I downloaded all of those, but when trying to extract the graphics files from the UVGI and UVGA files I only get more UVGI and UVGA files, not anything readable. Hmm.

Edit2: Hah, figured it out! Decompile ofc, not compile. *smacks head*

Sorry this is getting slightly off-topic, but i really really want to get the old cursor back

Edit: Could I/we just copy 18.5.4 UVGI/UVGA files to the current default GUI dir and overwrite the 18.6 ones? Dont think there were any good changes so would this mean using the old gui again? -> Figured no, the files seem to have gone to different places, at least when comparing Demoders 18.5.4 gui packet with the current installation.
    Last edited by Freor; Mar 2nd, 2013 at 17:06:39.

With all the appreciation to the folks that are trying to help (I really mean this) - it shouldn't have to be done by the players. There is way too much of that in this game (imo).

The cursor, although seemingly a simple issue, greatly affects the ability to play the game and for me has made it almost unplayable (as in, I can't find it)
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Ookay... managed to extract both 18.5.4 and current 18.6 GUI images. It seems that the annoying extra stuff on the right side of cursor has its own icons, ie there are no combined "pointer+extra graphics"-files as I had hoped. But iirc if you select (f10) the "no extra stuff" option the pointer centre still changes color right? Well, those colors seem to have their own cursor graphics files. So if I edit those so that the colored cursor matching "hover over usable object" in 18.6 gets changed to old cog wheel and so on, that might do the trick?

Still don't know how to actually make the GUI or where to store it /tell AO to use it but at least looks better than yday

u not like ur pokeamon balls on mouse curser ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    Day 3.. The search for the tiny grey cursor on my screen goes on.. http://i.imgur.com/qOghId5.jpg
    I loved this! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    there's a new cursor?
    And I also loved this! hahaha

However, I actually like the new cursors, the pointy tip seems more precise .. but yeah, make them have a scalable (ie few levels of being bigger) option in F10 for the partially sighted old-fogies like me! kthxbye
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Seems to go bit over my skill limits I downloaded all of those, but when trying to extract the graphics files from the UVGI and UVGA files I only get more UVGI and UVGA files, not anything readable. Hmm.

Edit2: Hah, figured it out! Decompile ofc, not compile. *smacks head*

Sorry this is getting slightly off-topic, but i really really want to get the old cursor back

Edit: Could I/we just copy 18.5.4 UVGI/UVGA files to the current default GUI dir and overwrite the 18.6 ones? Dont think there were any good changes so would this mean using the old gui again? -> Figured no, the files seem to have gone to different places, at least when comparing Demoders 18.5.4 gui packet with the current installation.
    The re-compiled archive should be placed in <custom gui>\Graphics.uvga (and .uvgi). More info.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The re-compiled archive should be placed in <custom gui>\Graphics.uvga (and .uvgi). More info.
    What if I dont have custom gui, can i just make a folder like "freGUI or "OldCursorGUI" under cd_image/GUI? I have now altered some of the cursor files and re-compiled the images into UGVA/UGVI files (ok, actually the compiler hang but after exiting the files appeared). Or is there a program for packaging / compiling / doing something for these two files still, or is this it and just put them there?
    Last edited by Freor; Mar 2nd, 2013 at 21:48:50.

I think you can just copy the whole GUI, as in all files, and put it in a new folder and call it "oldgui" andpoint the launcher to that folder. Note they should be in %appdata% folder.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I think you can just copy the whole GUI, as in all files, and put it in a new folder and call it "oldgui" andpoint the launcher to that folder. Note they should be in %appdata% folder.
    It works!! Well, sort of. I just made a folder under "\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\<random letters>\AnarchyOnline\Gui\" and put the ugvi/uvga files there. Managed to change the cursors (have to alter the graphics a bit soon, as now the crosshair for example 'jumps' little to the right when it changes). But they change now as they used to, hovering over grid has the old cog wheel again etc

Somehow there's many unwanted changes though... some chat text is black, icons are missing, nano/wear/etc windows can't be opened or wont show, etc. Should I also edit/add some .xml files somewhere? Also, do I need to have all the graphics files in the uvga/uvgi files, or should I only have those I have changed?
    Last edited by Freor; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 10:07:21.

You need all the files from the GUI in there, not just those two. They only contain the graphics that the GUI uses, the rest of the information is in the xml.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

You need all the files from the GUI in there, not just those two. They only contain the graphics that the GUI uses, the rest of the information is in the xml.
    Aah gotcha. Read somewhere (think on Demoders guide) that adding non needed xml's might cause incompatibility issues in future. Lets see...

Edit: WOOOOT! It works Thanks a ton Demoder + Masta

Now just need to edit the files a bit so the cursor doesn't jump when it changes (hope it still works with bigger image) but its already better now!

Edit2: Doesn't seem to be possible to get rid of the 'jumping'. Maybe it's even always been that way, cursor is something you don't pay too much attention to untill it gets broken. Are other custom GUI users having that?
    Last edited by Freor; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 15:26:18. Reason: New info

"Jumping" will be an issue if the cursors aren't aligned pixel-to-pixel in the image. Not sure if new cursor stuff could have something to do with old ones not fitting anymore.
    The Red Brotherhood

"Jumping" will be an issue if the cursors aren't aligned pixel-to-pixel in the image. Not sure if new cursor stuff could have something to do with old ones not fitting anymore.
    Think it's due to different sizes of the images (crosshair image is like 32x32 pxls, normal mouse pointer 16x32). When it loads the crosshair on mouseover, it aligns the top left corners of the icons, but since the corsshair is bigger, it's center will now be off. What user would likely like is the "pointing areas" to be aligned instead (arrow's tip and crosshair center).

I could compensate by making the normal pointer bigger too and put the pointing area (arrow tip) in center, but afaik the game assumes your "clicking point" to be the top left corner of the pointer, so this would cause more issues than solve

well, the old one was highly inaccurate in that regard, as most of the cursors were of a bullseye type.
    The Red Brotherhood

/signed

also wtb a scaling of mouse cursors and hotbars slider in f10.
    **Cough** Bartender

hehe wtb my old coursor back, nothing personal agiest the dev that made the one we got now.. but there is some things you just dont change :P

mouse coursor is the thing we see the most and use the most, and it should not be changed. and if i use the new coursor for some days or years i will still remeber the old one and want it back, i asume funcom will ignore this and not give us the option to get the old back, but i realy hope they will let us get it back anyways.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast