Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Petition to remove the new mouse Cursors.

I'd just like to state for the record that I also dislike the new cursors very much and feel it was an unnecessary change considering the old ones worked perfectly fine and there are many other broken things in game that need the attention much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Changing the offsets will break the current cursor behavior.
    The color changes are not the same states as the old cursors had.
    Thus replacing those with the old cursors does not lead to the same behavior.
    Although I don't understand why (when making my GUI I looked at all the arrows, different colors had their own images, all same sizes) I'll take your word on it. Would have been nice for GUI makers :/

Yeah, I know current color changes aren't same, or rather, there are more states now. Like friendly in team/ri is different than non-teamed friendly etc. Havent done anything to those myself, they use the colored arrow atm. One funny thing is the Gauntlet buff NPC having same state as usable object (grid etc), was this intended?

Anyway, all I replaced was the hostile target (standard_red), friendly target (standard_yellow) and usable object (standard_blue) plus changed the default cursor back to light blue. It's not exactly same as old (will be closer after I change some more images) but close enough to not be too disturbing. Only annoying part is the cursor jumping which can't be helped thanks to the way images are replaced.

I'm personally quite satisfied with the new behavior and the main concern seems to be regarding the aesthetics.
    The old behavior actually was inconsistent and in several cases just wrong.
    I agree with the states, I don't have problem with them. Actually planning to make use of some of the new ones (changing images) at some point if no changes from fc. Teamed/non teamed friendlies should be quite helpfull for some of us at raids It's the images that are disturbing, and their placement on the side. They are too small, too detailed, "pokemon balls" as someone put it, and it's really disturbing when they pop up there outside the cursor itself. Disabling those won't help, as the cursor itself changing color at one part is simply nowhere near big enough notification.

Would it be possible to just use the old graphics where applicable (hostile target, usable object, etc) and make similar images for the new states? Ie change the entire cursor, preferably with no jumping, and have the new images be big and simple enough to go with the old ones. Friendly in team/raid could be the old green circle, friendly not in team could be same circle missing part of its arc etc.

I'm personally quite satisfied with the new behavior and the main concern seems to be regarding the aesthetics. The old behavior actually was inconsistent and in several cases just wrong.
    Its not aesthetics if the new cursors make the game unplayable. Please actually read the posts -

I am not asking for the old cursors back if they were not working correctly - obviously any cursor should work correctly.

What is being asked for is a cursor of sufficient size and color to be usable by all of the players - like me, who are finding them difficult to find and use within the game. Let me repeat - its the ability to USE the icon that is my issue.

I am personally quite dissatisfied with the new icon as it makes if much more difficult to enjoy the game.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

To be fair, although I probably prefer the old cursors, I've been able to get used to the new ones for the most part. However...

Quote Originally Posted by aeneasfate View Post
    The additional art that hangs off the side of the Item Hover cursor will always block the name in the hover text of a backpack in the bank, if not the entire name if it is short.

http://i.imgur.com/mTE4WyE.png?1?9472

Not everyone likes sorting banks by list mode.
    ^ This remains a genuine issue.
    :E

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    ^ This remains a genuine issue.
    And has already been fixed internally.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Good stuff. Thanks!
    :E

Just tried to do a s42 raid and as one of the callers, i struggled to use the new cursor to target the vectors and larvae... Can't tell what's changed since pre-merge, has the color of the cursor changed or something? I can't see the cursor well enough now to use but I can't remember what the cursor looked like before, so can't tell what difference is.
    Last edited by cybertron; Mar 9th, 2013 at 13:23:32.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

hehe comunity ftw

Unhappy

/signed

Even From my 8+ years of experience with FUNCOM they will simply ignore our request/opinion

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456