Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove the new mouse Cursors.

Petition to remove the new mouse Cursors.

Personally I didn't think there was anything wrong with the old ones however I can see the point of them of reducing the complexity of the UI which is good but needs to be done right.

/signed

For anyone not on Testlive here are how the new icons look:
    Pointer:
    http://oi51.tinypic.com/ix7fgo.jpg
    Like it.

Trade person icon:
    http://oi52.tinypic.com/jfauk6.jpg
    Worst.

Hoover over item icon:
    http://oi54.tinypic.com/30db4gh.jpg
    Not bad. Would prefer just the Cog Wheel.

Info Icon:
    http://oi55.tinypic.com/2rd8eo6.jpg
    Not bad but still.

Edit:
    Maybe I overreacted at first, the new mouse cursors arn't that bad if you turn the settings down in f10. I still prefer the old ones I can live with the new ones though.
    Last edited by blackhawks93; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 23:18:34.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

I completely agree....

Nothing wrong here, move along people!

I agree, the cursor was just fine. And that small image icon next to it...No.. Just no.
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

You CAN disable it, look around in the f10 options.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I agree, especially the mouse over item seems totally off...

counter petitioning this. Great feature. Luv it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Would indeed prefer the old cursor. Worst thing is that when hovering over yourself it doesnt even really change (used to be cross iirc). Old one with different cursor for different situations was clear - now it's a mess trying to figure out what you are trying to click. Totally undeed change, if nothing else pls make the old one optional.

Yeah, I liked the old one a lot more as well. Disabled the new features from options, but it still is worse than what it was.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

A grey cursor in a game with a lot of grey environments is pretty terrible :/

I would at least like an option for the old one back

But, but... I actually like the new cursor! Counter-petitioning as well, sorry.
    Meleny - Solitus Adventurer Tomb raider wanna-be.
    Meriah - Solitus Shade Stilettos on feet AND hands!
    Valligan
    - Solitus NT Five fingers of mass destruction!
    Nathex - Solitus Agent Covert buffage, or debuffage.

And an entire army of lowbie gimps!

Trade person looks like a Guy having sex with a blowup and two Pokeballs below him

/Would like old icons back
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Since old ones are likely around there somewhere... it would jsut be nice to have option to switch to them, for those of us who liked them better.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Where in options to disable?

They are too annoying to even begin to discuss....looks like a kidee game's cursor.

If you really wanted to be helpful, then make a set of icons and allow choice - personally, I would like a slightly large pointer and the ability to change the color so its easily visible on the screen.

Edit: Ok found it - in f10 - Mouse Cursor Context Hints - set to none for just cursor. But a small grey cursor isnt the best choice here either.
    Last edited by Utopian; Feb 27th, 2013 at 04:32:49.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

/signed

These new mouse cursors are much more harder than old ones.. I know there is that option to disable curson thing but making it "None" makes it even worse. Then I have no idea what I'm clicking or if I'm even clicking anything. I'd rather keep it at "Simple" until better solution has been found, the best would be getting option to switch old cursors back.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Bump

As I said to my friends ingame, give me 30minutes and Microsoft paint and I'd come up with something better. One of the icons has 2 arrows going either way, next to what looks to me like a gentleman fornicating with a rubber ball, and just below that are 2 pokeballs.

WHAT?!

You mean you can actually see what's on there? Try it on a 110ppi monitor

Not that I care. I played enough to not need anything special about my mousecursor.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

This is really an overreaction if I ever saw one.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Agreed, the first thing I asked when I logged in was "WTH is wrong with my cursor?". It is very annoying and it would be nice to have an option to go back to the old. That being said, I'm sure people that stick around will eventually get used to it.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

It's SO ANNOYING! MAN it was the last straw!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast