Thread: The soldier wishlist

The soldier wishlist

PVM
    1. Give RRFE higher stacking order then all SL reflect auras.
    2. Procs. Buff all types of damage, and better procs in general(healing etc.)
    3. Remove Time and space debuff on AMS, that way we can use healkits and stims
    4. Lessen the reflect hole that occurs after AMS ends and before reflect auras resume.
    5. Fix OMHH healing so that it no longer does more damage than healing, currently soldiers can "heal" themselves to death
    6. AR options at TL5+, there is a huge gap between the time you can put on a SPB and the time you throw on a DShark
    7. Remove the Level Lock on D-Shark
    8. FA cap is a bad thing, no? (needs more looking into)
    9. SRPB FA lowered, as sugested, to 3000 FA cycle
    10. More mainstream Assault Rifles with aimed shot
    11. More reliable better froob soldier weapons

PVP
    1. More balanced nemesis nanos - BR at least will likely become fairer and more balanced, no news yet on the LE nukes.
    -LE nukes should only debuff Rad Reflect. There are more than enough profs that can make others able to ignore our reflects too, NTs don't need to be one of them. Also, LE nukes shouldn't debuff 100% reflect, 70-80% would give us a small amount of remaining reflect vs LE nukes.
    - Borrow Reflect. Lower the reflects it gives the trader, lower the amount of reflects that the soldier looses. Give it a lockout time.

2. Make FA more reliable to make up for the loss of AS. The first three bullets should have a reduced defense check. The suggestion is 1st Bullet: FA+Weapon/2 + AAO vs 80% Dodge + AAD, 2nd Bullet: 90%, 3rd Bullet: 95%.(Being looked into)
    3. Draw Blood - More Body Dev instead of +HP from our new perkline will make us more able to land DB on enfos.(Under Review)
    4. A viable stun/root chance via weponbash or new perkline
    5. Lower cast times on soldier nanos

BALANCE
    1. New soldier perklines make it ingame.
    2. Changes to the health buff line make it ingame.
    3. Changes to SMG+RE perks
    -removal of the need for the +dmg buff perk to be runnung as a requirement to start most of the perks.
    4. Soldiers would like to see Heavy Weapons utilized in some way(See Misc.)
    5. A better option that our "save-our-life" hot suggestion in rebalance Still needs work
    6. Do not nerf our AMS/TMS as suggested in rebalance(leave ams as it is) Still needs work
    7. Taunts! give us a better taunt line that will make soldiers a more reliable option for tanking top bosses, (this also ties into our health lines in #2)
    8. Keep Improved precognition

Misc.
    1. Heavy Weapons! (Example)
    All subject to change, please give more details, I am open to harassment, open for suggestons
    Last edited by Tyfowler; Feb 20th, 2017 at 06:57:54. Reason: added items
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Just out of curiosity, why do you think a soldier should be able to "draw life" from an enforcer?

That sort of is like the most counter intuitive thing I can imagine. Why should ANYONE be able to "draw life" from enforcer?

Enforcers are the "mongo" class, drawing life... is their specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think a soldier should be able to "draw life" from an enforcer?

That sort of is like the most counter intuitive thing I can imagine. Why should ANYONE be able to "draw life" from enforcer?

Enforcers are the "mongo" class, drawing life... is their specialty.
    You are the second to question this, i drew this one up from the former wishlist and am investigating it currently.

I take back "ANYONE"...

Maybe shades, but even then I kinda think it's a tough sell.

Technically speaking, I dont think that I have ever missed Draw blood on any profession. Currently it is 100% AR check vs 75% DEF check iirc

Max health 100 % vs. Nano Resist 75%

in auno.

That seems wrong. I'd assume Body dev 100% vs. NR 75%

Did you look at the actual check in game?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Max health 100 % vs. Nano Resist 75%

in auno.

That seems wrong. I'd assume Body dev 100% vs. NR 75%

Did you look at the actual check in game?
    It is 100% max health vs 75% nano resist, you can land draw blood on anyone except for some nr8 people and some GMs. Also, regarding your previous post, Enfs have access to the perk as well

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    It is 100% max health vs 75% nano resist, you can land draw blood on anyone except for some nr8 people and some GMs. Also, regarding your previous post, Enfs have access to the perk as well
    I know they do.

But it seems peculiar that that two people could land it on one another.

I mean, it's not that important or anything, but look at the name of the perk:

"Draw Blood"

I mean, it's one thing if the perk wasn't a lifetap, but, it is a lifetap, so, you kind of have to think about what that is: it's one char pulling the life force from his opponent into himself.

But, clearly that means one char has more "life" "force" than the other.

Hence, shouldn't the check be 100% BD vs 100% BD?

Seems to me that it should go something like this in terms of highest AR on draw blood:

atrox enf
    atrox doc
    atrox shade
    atrox sold
    soli enf
    soli doc
    soli shade
    soli sold
    opi ...
    nano mage ...

And, whatever about the other profs, now I know doc+shade don't have access to the perk, but thats irrelevant, whats relevant is the defence check.

Now, the other problem is obviously AAO and AAD, so, I think a perk should be added to this line that gives something like 400 BD for about 10 seconds less than the recharge on draw blood.

Then you can choose to use the 400 extra AR and 1600/1200/800 extra max health (at the expense of havign to heal it up, and subsequently being open to higher capped hits), or not.

Roleplay from mcknuckle ?

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

I noticed you've neglected the issue of losing 'Improved Precognition' can we see this addressed please?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Roleplay from mcknuckle ?
    The perk reminds me of something from This guy's arsenal.... even though it's not lightning based.

Regardless, it just doesn't feel right that two people can "draw blood" from each other.

For me, the relationship has to be one directional.

I can't roll up, DRAW BLOOD, then... chill for a bit while you DRAW BLOOD back.

Seems stupid.

The check has to go one way and one way only... for me at least.

Make base skill totals for pistol/AR/rifle/smg/shotty equal (green).
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Increase heavy wepon perkline from 8 to 10 perks.

that would give us a fair boost of ar + maybe a new perk to place on our hotbar with more dmg and a 100% 2 sec stun? becose only smg soldier gets a 100% stun..

lesser paint target and triangulate target with 90% dodge check? they are dodge debuff perks, what we need em for if they wont land? i just think they should land a bit easyer than other normal perks..

redo Napalm spray perk and make it do Projectile dmg insted of fire, and yes rename the perk aswell maybe make it 1 sec execution aswell and boost dmg slightly?

Clipfever/wepon bash perks should scale dmg based on how high assault rifle you have?

Field bandage perk should heal the soldier based on his max health % ?

maybe just do a little boost on some of the soldier research lines and throw in 30-50 points more full auto ?

boost the soldiers hp/hd buff a little? like let us get 3k hp and 20 more hd?

add heavy wepon buff

add heavy wepons ingame

heavy wepon perkline

i dont think any of this is lame suggestions to be honest. becose this is purly based for a assault rifle soldier mostly. i bet most professions ingame would wanna prefer to meet a assault rifle soldiers vs a smg soldier. and to get more soldiers to go back to the main wepon assault rifle we need a boost. i find smg retard as a option for soldiers to be honest, thats not soldier to use smg wepons in my eyes.

assault and heavy artillery should be soldier main wepons. i would realy love to see heavy wepons for soldiers and allot of boosts there for that line.

heavy wepons /assault rifle fits soldiers more. i dont get why they did let us end upp with the retarded smg..
    soldier to me isnt a hero running around with 2x smal guns equiped Piew piew on other players.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Mar 6th, 2013 at 19:13:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Increase heavy wepon perkline from 8 to 10 perks.

that would give us a fair boost of ar + maybe a new perk to place on our hotbar with more dmg and a 100% 2 sec stun? becose only smg soldier gets a 100% stun..
    That wouldn't necessarily give us a boost of AR, as it gives 200 for 8, instead of 10 perk points. Though another perk action through AR would be nice. Perhaps make WB a guaranteed stun with that new perk action running as WB has a low dodge check?

lesser paint target and triangulate target with 90% dodge check? they are dodge debuff perks, what we need em for if they wont land? i just think they should land a bit easyer than other normal perks..
    I could definitely agree with a smaller dodge check.

redo Napalm spray perk and make it do Projectile dmg insted of fire, and yes rename the perk aswell maybe make it 1 sec execution aswell and boost dmg slightly?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that supposed to be changed with the rebalance?

Clipfever/wepon bash perks should scale dmg based on how high assault rifle you have?
    I do believe WB does scale with AR skill, while Clipfever does not, so that would be nice to make it a decent AoE tool.

Field bandage perk should heal the soldier based on his max health % ?
    But how much would it scale it by? 3%? 5%? A mix between max HP and first aid? It would make a more potent heal nontheless

You bring some good ideas to the table, just nitpicking through some things.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

I belive alot of the issues above are currently in the pipeline and being addressed with 17.8, i'm particular interested in this one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    8. FA cap is a bad thing, no? (needs more looking into)
    Does not seem too bad considering how Full auto mechanics work.

From 0 to 10K damage, the bullet damage is unchanged.
    From 10K to 11.5K damage, each bullet damage is halved.
    From 11K to 15K damage, each bullet damage is halved again.
    15K is the damage cap.

Cap is the bad word here, remove it and make your fa skill count, more skill = possibility of more bullets hitting = more damage.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 16th, 2015 at 23:03:02.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Wanted to put some feedback in regarding to soldiers changes to healing. As soldiers forum seems slightly inactive I'll dump it here!

I'd like a nano that last last like 15s of which the first 10s it gives a heal delta buff.
    This heal delta buff will work according to the % of HP you've got left. The higher your HP when you cast the nano, the lower the heal delta buff (ie. 100% 15 hd, 90% 30 hd... and 10% 150 hd).
    With as draw back/advantage that after 15s you return to the HP % you had when you casted the nano.
    If this nano and AMS are both up at the same time you lose some reflects (ie. this scaling with the heal delta buff, highest debuff with lowest hd).
    Having a 3 min line lock.

Solams, are you aware of these 2 new nanos comming with 18.7?

If not, there you go

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/29241/
    https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301897/
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 10th, 2015 at 17:12:45.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Solams, are you aware of these 2 new nanos comming with 18.7?

If not, there you go

https://tl.aoitems.com/item/29241/
    https://tl.aoitems.com/item/301897/
    jup I am.. I am not saying their bad.. just meh.. and what I suggested I find more cool, besides I don't think we should get heals other than our heal delta! And this way it would give the soldier 2 options.. using it at low hp you'll get 15s of increased defense due to the healing or use it at high hp knowing you'll lose defense but that if you don't die within 15s your hp will be back where it was!