Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FFoK Self Only? Give us a Break!

CookieCutters-R-US

I dont play games that start this way and I quit games that become this way.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Why is it that no one ever complained about Slayerdroid Transference being self only?

They have to make the (E)LLTS drop again if they don't nurf it. I know I have no intention of buying the booster till it does, and quite a few of my ingame friends that are newer to the game have the same intentions.

The 4-fists nurf on top of the LLTS modification is going to be a real kick in the nuts to all the phys INI scope using MA attacks. Docs, Engys, all are going to be really pissed.

We vote with our $. Whatever they decide to do, they are in a tight spot. A lot of people who don't have scopes won't buy the booster, but if they nurf scopes a lot of poeple who have scopes will quit.

If they just put them back they can keep the old scope users and get some of the non scope owners to buy the booster.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Why is it that no one ever complained about Slayerdroid Transference being self only?
    Simple, because Slayerdroid Transference is not a skill buff. It's the Engineer going inside a Slayer shell.

Why is it FunCom makes FFoK self-only when noone complained?

Why is it +87 2HB can be taught to me by an Enforcer but +89 2HE cannot?

What's happening to this game?

Originally posted by Bionitrous

What's happening to this game?
    Clone Online.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Simple, because Slayerdroid Transference is not a skill buff. It's the Engineer going inside a Slayer shell.
    And he can only make one for himself to enter? He can't make one extra for his MA friend?

Originally posted by Coldstrike

And he can only make one for himself to enter? He can't make one extra for his MA friend?
    This is apparently so. Probably same reason he can only have one robot at a time.

This is apparently so. Probably same reason he can only have one robot at a time.
    But why can't he give his one transference shell to the MA friend then? Let's say he is a shotgun engineer that doesn't have anything to gain from entering the shell.

as far as the slayer transference deal, I have complained about it. +300 to any attack skill is simply crazy. I wanted it(since beta) to be actually more realistic:

decent bonus to ma(+70 to +100), big bonus to hp, bonus to ac, bonus to phys init, big bonus to parry(not evades, i see it as more of an increased ability to block a blow...ok if parry worked).

again the self only trend must be stopped.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Perhaps, like his buddy's attacks, they are no drop, unique - the shells. He had to learn to harness his engineering prowess to be able to take on the shell form, not just manufacture it, and he's not able to transfer that inner knowledge.

Who knows, we are trying to apply some modicum of logic.

Actually, an Agent is the best MA. FP: Engie (woot!) and cast slayer trans just before FP ends. Then go FP:Trader and divest away. Result is/was an MA skill around 1800.

MA's used to whine about having the 4th best MA skill in the game (agents, traders and engies surpassed MA's) but that was in the days when everybody had UVC. We've been drooling over slayer trans as well, but never suggesting that it should be anything but engineer only.

The description if the nano itself (Grants Caster amazing hand to hand combat skills) as well as the extremely short range of the nano makes me believe it was always intended to be self-only. And it should be. Just not at this time. Engies (and other MA skill users) doesn't really need a kick in the rear at this time.

I'm afraid that Bio is right, FC is is taking a hard control of what weapons professions should be using. Another example of this tendecy is the suggestion to make the MA self-crit have a massive ranged init penalty, making MA, MA weapons and Bows the only three options for a martial artist. Sure, it solves a few problems (River6, Shotguns) but it does lead to a clone syndrome as well. And why shouldn't I be able to wield a grenade launcher/cross-bow/sniper rifle on my MA? I will likely suck at it, but that should be my choice, not enforced.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Why is it FunCom makes FFoK self-only when noone complained?
    I don't think anyone complained. I think Funcom saw higher level MAs casting Kali on lower level characters, helping them reach MA skills they would otherwise be unable to attain themselves. In other words, a means of 'power leveling' lower level characters.

Another addition to OE, imo.

Yes, it is very sad that the class specific weapons had to be put in place. Oh well, Funcom has about another year to pull this madness before you know what is out and making every other mmorpg nearly bankrupt. I really had fun in this game but when another comes along that shows some sort of loyalty to its fan base, provides fast and accurate information on game nuances and changes to them, and actually puts some thought into changes that affect the very core of a class…. I am gone. Then again, I don’t know why I am even posting this. There are so many people complaining about this game that I am sure the developers learned to turn a deaf ear and ignore all the rants anyway (shrugs).
    "Look closely at those who wish to define good and evil, for they will often disguise cruelty and avarice as the perpetuation of their so-called righteousness"

it's sad, they only "nerf" melee classes nowadays. First it was LLTS and VE nerf, now it's 4FoK, wonder what's next.

I was planning to do some PvP with my MA Engineer, but I think I can forget this now since we have Ranged users with 15% scopes and melee users way under in critical chance - this is what FC call balancing the PvP

Biotronius

You have worded my thoughts.

Well spoken, and accurate.
    -=Vima - lvl211 Bureaucrat=-

**After all these years I still vividly remember the warm, Fuzzy feeling I got first time I ran into a room packed With lvl200 mobs and threw my AoE calm**

Intrepid, did you read my entire post or just that one line?

Intrepid, apparently you didn't read my entire post as I stated that "if each took a (meaning a single hit) shot at a mob the Engy does have the potential to out damage the MA." Which is fact. 1,300 attack rating does yield greater damage over 1,100 attack rating. Then I go on to state "However, long term damage is in favor of the MA, due to the crit factor." Which you rephrased by stating "He will not do more damage due to crit."

So, it sounds as though you only read the one line from my post. Had you read the entire post, you would not have needed to restate that which I already said (regarding crits and damage over time).

Furthermore, I do not think this nerf is directed at engineers. I believe this nerf is directed at those persons 'twinking' lower characters with higher level buffs. Making FFoK self only would stop the 'twinks'. Funcom could put a level requirement on FFoK to stop this, but they have already stated that would not put level requiremetns on older buffs. Hence, the only method to stop the 'twinking' is make FFoK self only.

More importantly, your threats of violence are uncalled for, and most unappreciated. I do expect an apology for your actions.

for cemetary

Just wondered if you were actually a programmer for Funcom Cemetary. If not you would make a great one cause you actually share the same ideas as the rest of the game developers at Funcom which is that Engies are fine and they dont need any attention at all who cares if they all die out we dont need them.

Answer me 3 questions honestly.

1) What can an engineer do that is totally unique that no other profession can do and is extremely useful.

2) What are engies really really good at?

3) If all engineers left the game would they be missed or could all other professions easily manage without them?

After answering all of these questions you should see our point. Us engineers keep getting the short end of the stick and we are not getting any serious attention to fix our problems. If you still believe we are ok the way we are try playing an engineer up to level 160.

Hey hey hey...

It's not like we MA's want this. Everything I hear is "uh, why now? dang, that sucks" from fellow MA's.

We wanted this once upon a time when everybody had UVC. It was a bit boring to be called martial artists and have the 4rth highest MA skill in the game. We had nothing at all that was unique then. The FFOK change would have been done sooner or later (check the descreption on the nano) but this timing is pretty bad imho.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Re: FFoK Self Only? Give us a Break!

Originally posted by Jynne
    Cz, please make sure the designers realize that making Four Fists of Kali self only is good for one thing and one thing only: making offensively weak professions with few or no good weaponry options even weaker.

Doctors - whose incredibly weak offense was already hurting badly from the removal of LLTSes and the crit buffing nerf - currently have only three choices for doing decent damage without expending crippling amounts of IP on multiple dark blue specials. There is the X-3, there is the Home Defender, and there is Martial Arts. Because of the damage-per-hit differential between those guns and punching, and the range advantage, the main attraction of taking the MA route was the ability to get a significantly higher attack rating and the speed. Making FFoK self-only dramatically reduces the attack rating benefit and will essentially force many Doctors to IPR and use shotguns or rifles.

Engineers lose even more. Is this an intentional plan to make engineers quit so you don't have to fix pet pathing or the attack rating, aggro-holding, and trimmer problems with robots? Now Engineers can either use a Home Defender, or a V3 to do some decent damage. The robot, you say? The robot's on the other side of the mission area, humping a table leg; but even if it was right with the team, it misses too much, attacks too slowly, and doesn't really do that much damage when it hits anyway.

All other non-MAs who use martial arts as their weapon are affected even more, since Doctors have a 4/level MA skill and Engineers have transference. Luckily most of those professions have other ways of causing damage that work, unlike the Doctor or the Engineer.

Do the designers want everyone to be playing MAs? Do you want to make non-MA characters using the MA skill IPR? One of the major attractions of going MA as a non-MA is the availability of good buffs for it. It makes a mediocre weapons skill for people who don't have a high crit chance into a very useable one.

On behalf of everyone with dark blue weapons skills: Please stop taking our useable options away from us!

lmao i cant believe this FFOK is BUGGED thats why you have to stand on the other person to cast it it never intended to be (other) its a MA self only buff and its theway it should be its not a nerf its a fix, if u want FFOK make a MA period. Besides slayerdroid is self and is +300 MA skill thats 160 higher than the best MA buff wth no one ask it to be (other) !
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast