Thread: "Poll": Has Omni-Tek been truthful about the animals

"Poll": Has Omni-Tek been truthful about the animals

Here's the question:

Do you feel, given what you have seen on Rubi-Ka, what you have read about the world, and the posts you've seen here, that Omni-Tek has been telling the truth about there being absolutely NO alien life and NO life on Rubi-Ka before they arrived?

This debate's been raging on and off for awhile now, and I've probably stoked it a little bit more by posting a classification on the beastiary that clearly demarcates aliens (Xenomorphs) and native animals of Rubi-Ka (Natives) (all this at Faunlore: http://beastiary.somnaterrae.org ). There've also been other posts about this elsewhere on the boards, and there appear to be two groups:

1.) "Ragnar (as Omni-Tek) says no, so it must be that way"

2.) "Ragnar (as Omni-Tek) says no, but does that mean that the world itself doesn't give hints about the reality of the story being built? Does that mean that Ragnar isn't pulling a fast one, that there isn't a big secret?"

The first group contends that IN NO WAY is there any non-terraforming animals. The second group, of which I am a proud member, believes that there is evidence for at least SOME animals that they are not simply Omni-Tek creations.

I include in this group the six animals I mention as Natives, though in all but one case, (the Eremites) I do accept that it can be either/or. In the case of Eremites, the evidence is pretty overwhelming that they are not what they seem. I also include the groups I have put under the Xenomorphs

Note I don't want this to turn into a debate about whether or not Eremites or whatever are one or the other, unless you want to use it to prove a point. Just, how do you feel about this whole issue?

Thanks again,

Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife at:
    http://beastiary.somnaterrae.org

well if rubi-ka was really real.

Anything living on planet before terraforming had adapted to live in an environment we (and the modern day rubi-kans)would consider harsh to say the least. there was no atmosphere we would think of as breathable, the land scape was blasted by harmful radiation from the twin suns. We know the non-terraformed areas are unihabitable by modern day flora and fauna. therefore in the time since colonidation the terraformed areas have undergone a major climate change. I doubt anything that lived (if there was anything which we know there wasnt from Ragnar) pre-terrform days could live in post-terraformed areas. The simple change in atmosphere would see off anything unless it evolved very very quickly ie in the 770-80ish years since the first exploration vessel toucheddown on Rubi-Ka. smaller simpler organisms like bacteria and perhaps small multicellular organisms (with fast generation times) would have evolved to the climate change in that time but not large complex organisms like ermites which would breed relativly slowly.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Like I've said before... for purely storyline considerations I firmly believe there are no aliens.

Indeed, because of the storyline, even if certain species existed on Rubi-Ka before it was explored and terraformed by humans from Earth, they wouldn't be aliens.

Why? Well... That's a spoiler
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I know the "Why?" Jynne, it's just I don't want to release a spoiler either.... Hehe. It's been posted before in a thread you and I both were in, but, since I'm not in a spoiling mood, I won't link to it.

Krys