Thread: Sat Uplink still needed?

Sat Uplink still needed?

I know we needed the Sat Uplink building originally to let us know our cities were targetted and/or under attack by alien forces.

We needed this notification because our cities could be attacked randomly.

Will the new 18.6 cities be subject to Random Alien attacks?
    If not, will they be able to have alien raids without the Sat Uplink?

I realize we need the ECM as that is currently required for "dropping the cloak" because that is how the CC/ECM are set up. (I would be nice if this could be re-programmed at some point to make ECM's obsolete.)

For now, it would be nice to know if the programming is such that Sat Uplink is or is not "required" for a raid to be triggered.

Kinnik

Technically prob not, but I don't think you would get the notice "you city is targeted by hostile forces", so while you could still have raids you wouldn't get notice of it in chat and would just have to wait for aliens to pop.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Technically prob not, but I don't think you would get the notice "you city is targeted by hostile forces", so while you could still have raids you wouldn't get notice of it in chat and would just have to wait for aliens to pop.
    It is also that which prods the Orgbot into life too I think?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

It simply gives an early warning, it does save you about 5m/month not to have one.

Without the thingy.
    (07:38)[orgname] player turned the cloaking device in your city off.
    (07:41)[orgname] Your city in Playa del Desierto has been targeted by hostile forces.

With the thingy.
    (07:38) [orgname] player turned the cloaking device in your city off.
    (07:38) [orgname] Your radar station is picking up alien activity in the area surrounding your city.
    (07:41) [orgname] Your city in Playa del Desierto has been targeted by hostile forces.

And the wavecounter starts with "Your city in Coast of Peace has been targeted by hostile forces." at least with budabot (using v.3)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Ahh, it was the wave counter was referring to. Cheers for the correction.

So, there really isn't any actual need for the building...Useful to know I guess.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

musthave he is with his msg in org bot.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    It simply gives an early warning, it does save you about 5m/month not to have one.

Without the thingy.
    (07:38)[orgname] player turned the cloaking device in your city off.
    (07:41)[orgname] Your city in Playa del Desierto has been targeted by hostile forces.

With the thingy.
    (07:38) [orgname] player turned the cloaking device in your city off.
    (07:38) [orgname] Your radar station is picking up alien activity in the area surrounding your city.
    (07:41) [orgname] Your city in Playa del Desierto has been targeted by hostile forces.

And the wavecounter starts with "Your city in Coast of Peace has been targeted by hostile forces." at least with budabot (using v.3)
    Thanks for testing this out on Test-Live ...

I wish there was a way to test the orgbot wave counter on Test-Live ... maybe I will do a raid after merge with only minimal buildings ...

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Thanks for testing this out on Test-Live ...

I wish there was a way to test the orgbot wave counter on Test-Live ... maybe I will do a raid after merge with only minimal buildings ...

Kinnik
    Should be simple enough to put up a temp Orgbot on Test tho? I'd be interested to see that myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Should be simple enough to put up a temp Orgbot on Test tho? I'd be interested to see that myself too.
    I tried testing org-bot on TL and I couldn't get it to work ...

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    This.

But that's easily adjustable.

Just be ready for the chance to be standing there for 20 minutes and no bugs.
    Because Race Yalm