Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Character slots on Merge

Character slots on Merge

Hey guys,

Can we get official confirmation on number of character slots being added on merge to paid accounts?

Is it +2 or +4 or more?

Thx^^
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

I hope it is +8
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

aye, bump here, merge is incoming, and it would be really awesome to get a confirmation on this.

3,5, 8, whatever the number is, knowing and deciding is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Really like a whole giant FAQ sticky 'round somewhere.

As it's not a lil patch with some items, 1000's (well 100's..) of people who never read the forums may like a nice concise list, not cryptic 1/2 answers buried in 20 varied threads.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

in nov community update, GD announced the increment of char slots on merge and some time back some dev said they wont add slots on merge....I'm bit confused.
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    in nov community update, GD announced the increment of char slots on merge and some time back some dev said they wont add slots on merge....I'm bit confused.
    No slots on merge to test live.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I would count on +2 slots and hope for +4 slots. Additional slots prob sold through item shop or something. I highly doubt they are giving +8 slots. They are gonna make u pay to have 1 of each prof on an account.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

No info on this subject shows me that:
    a) server merge isnt coming in any not to distant future or
    b) they dont know wtf are they doing because its very important info for people who have characters on both servers. Im one of them so i think you guys from FC understand the fact im playing mechwarrior online now ...
    Last edited by Ciex; Jan 30th, 2013 at 08:42:48.

We were given a promise of more slots.
    FC and promises...

If (and that is a very big IF) they give us anything at all it'll more than likely be 1 (one) slot.
    And with "all the confusion of the relocation" as an excuse they are more than likely to "forget" about the promised slot(s) and expect us to pay $$$/€€€ for it.
    After all, they're nothing if not optimists..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Meh. I dont want more slots. I want to be able to log two chars from one account at the same time. Like we could 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    Meh. I dont want more slots. I want to be able to log two chars from one account at the same time. Like we could 10 years ago.
    +1,000,000 to that!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    b) they dont know wtf are they doing because its very important info for people who have characters on both servers. Im one of them so i think you guys from FC understand the fact im playing mechwarrior online now ...
    Funny, cause I haven't seen a forum so whiny as the MWO forums in a long time maybe it's just because this is my first contact with an F2P community ..
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Don't think it's just F2P.
    From all forums I use on a regular basis, AOs is still one of the more mature ones ...
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Funny, cause I haven't seen a forum so whiny as the MWO forums in a long time maybe it's just because this is my first contact with an F2P community ..
    You sure are making it a point to mention MWO in a majority of your posts, as of late.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Hmm, what exactly does it have to do with the amount of whines on forums? I dont read them anyway and i dont care because i dont pay for it. I play it because its enjoyable altho im getting my @ss f...ed

On the other hand it would be nice to know if ill have to forget some of my characters in AO because ill exceed account limit. I find it amazing we still dont know it because for me its the most important information on this topic - I was thinking about rolling a new character in AO but i cant see the reason to do it just to have it unactive once merge is done (IF its done...) so i just quit, gj FC Its not emo nor whine, im just waiting to see how things are done. Investing my time in a new character is just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhmudiira View Post
    You sure are making it a point to mention MWO in a majority of your posts, as of late.
    Well, it's just something I play presently and apparently several other AO players do too and bring it up. I think it's a game that has the potential to be quite good and thus am enthusiastic to see other people from AO being around there But only 1 year into development as it is now it's kinda rough around the edges and has hardly any content (4 maps, 13 mechs).
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 30th, 2013 at 14:25:53.
    The Red Brotherhood

Too bad Funcom doesn't do the merge like DAoC's server clustering which had no hassle with existing duplicate names or character slots.
    There, in one server cluster, two (or more) people were able to share an identical name and were separated with a server prefix.

/tell Dude ... went to the "Dude"on your server
    /tell Merlin-Dude .. went to the "Dude" from the Merlin server (and would be the same as "Dude" if you were from Merlin)
    /tell Bors-Dude .. went to the "Dude" from Bors

and so on. And you could still have 10 chars on every server.

Considering that last time FC closed a server, we customers lost 1/3 of our character slot total, anything but +8 this time would be borderline insulting. Especially for 17.19€/month.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Considering the time it takes to level and twink in this game we do actually need to start thinking about number of slots we will have after merge. just give us +8 for full subscribers and we're all happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Considering that last time FC closed a server, we customers lost 1/3 of our character slot total, anything but +8 this time would be borderline insulting. Especially for 17.19€/month.
    Just an aside, €9.14/month (yearly sub)
    just saying.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

For any successful business one needs a ROADMAP. What we will give customers in next product release and after that and after that. The key being meeting those deadlines. Well I gotta point out the obvious that FC's track record ain't very bright in this department.

I understand you have problems and lack resources, but seriously how long you gonna play that card? After years of disappointment, we are still not even close to the imaginary vision of new engine. A simple task as server merge which was done earlier when rk3 was moved to rk1 is still pending and has not meet the deadline.

You need to change your business attitude Sir! This is disappointing!

Also, be very precise when you commit to changes and adhere to the deadlines set for that objective and YES you need to give proper deadlines not say update will come 18.x patch and put 10-15 18.x.x updates from now to that patch. This is just giving false hope to simple minded players.
    Last edited by Canibaal; Jan 30th, 2013 at 19:14:57.
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper

Well, it's just something I play presently and apparently several other AO players do too and bring it up. I think it's a game that has the potential to be quite good and thus am enthusiastic to see other people from AO being around there But only 1 year into development as it is now it's kinda rough around the edges and has hardly any content (4 maps, 13 mechs).
    hah, so how much are they paying you? ;p
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast