Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Credit Black Holes

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Remove all nodrop tags except tradeskilled items from raid zones (f.e. pande belt would be yesdrop but xan belts not so top gear couldnt be used and resold, same goes with alpha symbs, xan weapons etc.): GMI will flood with items and take 3% tax from every sale. Noobs will have easier time as they would be able to sell some items from lowbie content - like who of experienced players wouldnt buy stygian for 5 mln? People near endgame would have easier time finding teams as everyone would be interested in pvm raiding for loot to sell. No more lootrights selling - no need to. Nowadays people but nodrops anyway.
    Something like this would be a good start. Use the nodrop tag "on equip" to that toon for those special items.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Remove all nodrop tags except tradeskilled items from raid zones (f.e. pande belt would be yesdrop but xan belts not so top gear couldnt be used and resold, same goes with alpha symbs, xan weapons etc.): GMI will flood with items and take 3% tax from every sale. Noobs will have easier time as they would be able to sell some items from lowbie content - like who of experienced players wouldnt buy stygian for 5 mln? People near endgame would have easier time finding teams as everyone would be interested in pvm raiding for loot to sell. No more lootrights selling - no need to. Nowadays people but nodrops anyway.
    Would make problems worse. First lets all skip everything except kite hill/inf pocket teams and just buy pande belt, buy screwdriver, buy pande weapon, buy WU.

Second it would make teams even less available unless you are one of the power profs for 3man farm teams. Who needs to teams for loot if they can just buy items and save time.

Third for non instanced lowbie content, what newbie can afford 5m for stygian or OD a twinked alt to even compete for loot to use/sell.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Would make problems worse. First lets all skip everything except kite hill/inf pocket teams and just buy pande belt, buy screwdriver, buy pande weapon, buy WU.

Second it would make teams even less available unless you are one of the power profs for 3man farm teams. Who needs to teams for loot if they can just buy items and save time.
    Hm, it sounds just like it is today. Sounds like my last 220 character except the fact i got WU from random 12m done out of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Third for non instanced lowbie content, what newbie can afford 5m for stygian or OD a twinked alt to even compete for loot to use/sell.
    Ahh, yes, those evil people with 10y AO experience making twinks in full ai armor to camp aztur ... oh wait, what? Abmouth and Eumenides inside subway drop yesdrop loot and you can kill them pretty much every time you want. Same goes with CoH items. Why would totw be any different? Not to mention the fact that totw is instanced if more people get inside.
    Last edited by Ciex; Mar 28th, 2013 at 08:07:59.

Ahh, yes, those evil people with 10y AO experience making twinks in full ai armor to camp aztur ... oh wait, what? Same goes with CoH items. Why would totw be any different? Not to mention the fact that totw is instanced if more people get inside.
    Its more for GTA I would say than anthing yea newbies would never get a shot at that.

Beside the point though, when was last time you saw an additional instance of ToTW? 3 years ago maybe?

I can see no good with proposing that everything go YESDROP. Truth be told it wouldnt effect me at all as all my toons are either set twink 150/200 or 220 already. I can either get anything I need or want with my org. I do however think the pay-2-play model is not one that promotes MMORP spirit of teaming and would not be beneficial to AO in general. It would be helpfull to people who don't have a lot of time to play or have more money than they have ability to play.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

sec10 bounties was just a smaller scale ingot fest, neither were good for the economy.

And people QQing about the fees for selling things on GMI: works in eve, maybe devs just need to tweak it so costs are proportional to what you're selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    sec10 bounties was just a smaller scale ingot fest, neither were good for the economy.

And people QQing about the fees for selling things on GMI: works in eve, maybe devs just need to tweak it so costs are proportional to what you're selling?
    Well, not really..

s10 was blamed for all the credit issues, but most of us know they were a drop in the bucket compared to the real issue which will never be acknowledged.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Well, not really..

s10 was blamed for all the credit issues, but most of us know they were a drop in the bucket compared to the real issue which will never be acknowledged.
    Yeah, im still waiting for at last one post from s10 nerf enthusiast explaining how exactly current prices of nearly 1 bln per ql 300 supple based armor, 900 mln for NS2 etc. fit theory of s10 bounties causing the inflation

Yeah, im still waiting for at last one post from s10 nerf enthusiast explaining how exactly current prices of nearly 1 bln per ql 300 supple based armor, 900 mln for NS2 etc. fit theory of s10 bounties causing the inflation
    Actually it does not matter how the credits got into the game. Really it does not. What does matter is that any items worth having and using above level 60 really do come from looting and selling by players to players.

So how is this the problem. Credits stay in the system. Give this method credit exchange the number of credits that exit system will be less than the amount entering the system. Thus a net balance of server wide credits that grows. You can still farm statics for pearls at level 60 and make 2m a day. At level 150 you can make 10m a day. This is easy credits and accounts for a large amount of new credits entering the system each day. Oh these are truly new credits from selling amber and pearls to shops just so we are clear.

The inflation we are seeing in prices is because now both servers have merged and the total amount of server wide credits is through the roof.

There is actually a way for FC to fix this. OMG really? Yep, and it really is simple. We need decent items that are store buyable only that cover all level ranges from level 1 to 220. They need to cost a decent amount of credits but stupid priced either. Pretty simple actually.

Till the draw on credits is created that removes them from the game effectively is created and that consumes more that is being created daily prices will go up. FC needs an economist on the team.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Just a note; they're upgrading S10 relay droprate and giving each boss atleast 200% CRU - that's how it is on test, anyway.
    Should stuff a load more bots into the system - while, at the same time, no bounties means no rapid inflation.
    Also, CRU being shop buyable -has- to be nice, right?
    Right?

while sec10 bounties were one of the causes of inflation so long as demand oustrips supply inflation will carry on, and seen as less people doing content means less items i expect it to get alot worse

..the credit exploit and the ingots were worse, weren't they?
    And the Inf Spirit ingots. I mean, they were getting killed far more, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    The inflation we are seeing in prices is because now both servers have merged and the total amount of server wide credits is through the roof.
    Twice the credits, twice the items... Inflation?

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

false assumption that half the servers means a doubled playerbase, ive got about 4 or 5 acc;s that were played on both servers so toon numbers would have halved but its still only ever me that plays em,

Remember gmi's were linked before merge so shouldn't have a massive effect on it.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

the problem at least for me is ive never been lucky on the big ticket items i make a couple of mill here and their from vaguely desirable stuff like nanos, cold stones etc and selling em on gmi is scarcely worth the bother with current taxes, so GJ their FC ive only ever had 100-200m or so so im not a cred hoarder but im been punished just as they are otoh at least FC is trying and you cant blame em for not knowing how even a virtual economy actually works properly, not like RL governments are any better with the RL economy

High price on ai-bots is due to arid/le-missions and dailies. none 2 raid with. 42 is not raided daily either afaik.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345