Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Prefs Moved to App Data Folder

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    So 3-4 months of warning wasn't sufficient ?
    Can you point to where they said that all preferences would be lost unless you manually moved your preferences folder, which doesn't use your character name, but some arbitrary number that you can no longer log in to retrieve? Maybe I missed that post. For all the old players returning to the game for the server merge and the engine upgrade, manually migrating their backed up prefs is a crappy way to start out.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarzt View Post
    Can you point to where they said that all preferences would be lost unless you manually moved your preferences folder, which doesn't use your character name, but some arbitrary number that you can no longer log in to retrieve? Maybe I missed that post. For all the old players returning to the game for the server merge and the engine upgrade, manually migrating their backed up prefs is a crappy way to start out.
    Was said multiple times that prefs would not carry over. So I guess you missed it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarzt View Post
    Your old pref folder is most likely still in your old install folder ...

This thread discusses finding your old character ID's ... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604119 ... not sure how it works as I mapped mine before merge.

I also noticed that the new and old pref folders "tend" to have your characters listed in the same order.

The new pref folder is in the %Apps Data% folders ... you can find them using a button in the Settings/Gui button on the launch screen.

Perhaps that will help some ...

Prefs did not move over because we all had character ID's re-assigned with the merge.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Prefs did not move over because we all had character ID's re-assigned with the merge.
    Come on, that's just ridiculous. If they can make a new folder in that location, and they have the info in the older folder, they could have figured out a way to move/copy the information over. They just didn't bother to do it.

I love this game, and I'll dig through folders to get everything working again. Not everyone is like me, though, and it sucks that they're wasting our time. This all feels very rushed and disorganized.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I am using these instructions now on the new Live server and have a few comments ...

These first 3 steps work great!
    [*]Prefs.xml: Generic preferences and config (position, list columns, sorting) of generic windows (Nanos, Raid, Wear, Friends, etc.)[*]TextMacro.bin: Well, Macros[*]Char.cfg: For preferences not yet in Prefs.xml

I am skipping the Chat / Windows folders step ... it turns out our old guild channel is seen as "not available" ... so for me it is just as easy to configure a new "chat" window for org/friend chat.

The next step also works great, except you can also add "Containers\Bank" to maintain the physical "arrangement" of the bkpks in your bank, but not the names.
    [*]Containers\ShortcutBar_*.xml files and Containers\SpecialActions.xml
    ........ AND Containers\Bank.xml

The next step is useful & easy also:
    [*]DockAreas\PlanetMapViewConfig.xml (Planetmap window config) and DockAreas\RollupArea.xml (right rollup panel config, copy if you use it)

However, I stop with this step for my toons and technical ability.

Kinnik

There is one additional file that might be worth copying for some players. If you keep at least some items in your inventory arranged the same across all characters, you can also copy Containers\Inventory.xml.

True, your inventory is small enough that manually rearranging it isn't a big deal, but still... if you are going to copy the Containers\ShortcutBar_*.xml, Containers\SpecialActions.xml, and Containers\Bank.xml files, including Inventory.xml as well is very little more work.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345