Thread: *crickets*

*crickets*

So what happened to the nelated update that was due last sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    So what happened to the nelated update that was due last sunday?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=128

don't even start, FC is firing people and you want updates
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    don't even start, FC is firing people and you want updates
    I'd want updates as to what's going on in any situation where I pay an amount of money and things get delayed due to restructuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    I'd want updates as to what's going on in any situation where I pay an amount of money and things get delayed due to restructuring.
    unfortunately you will not get any answer regarding that. you will be told that it happened, and the game will still go on. then there will be some more we are working on this updates, and all will stop at some point when FC will thank us for more than 10 years of playing and shuts the game down.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

unfortunately you will not get any answer regarding that. you will be told that it happened, and the game will still go on. then there will be some more we are working on this updates, and all will stop at some point when FC will thank us for more than 10 years of playing and shuts the game down.
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure I already got an answer regarding the delay of the monthly update. See my earlier post in this exact thread.

Would you be able to elaborate for me? I am curious to your reasoning behind why FC will shut down something that is cash flow positive . Even TSW (yeah, you read that correctly) and AoC have become cash flow positive in the last two financial quarters. All the reports I have read through indicate one thing, Funcom is not making a ton of money, and won't be expanding anytime soon - but they are stable and there is no logical reason from a business point of view to shut down AO in the foreseeable future.

Really, with the skeleton crew that AO is running on right now, and how exponentially cheaper server-space and processing per-hour is becoming as time goes on, AO is more likey to make FC money over any of their other current MMOs. Also, I don't know much about this, but I wouldn't be surprised how much money froobs can really bring in.

What I'm trying to say is, Funcom is in a tough spot, and the restructuring is scary - but with the upcoming merge (I'd even bet you USD this will happen) and the push to Steam will bring the feeling of life back to the game (but not back to where it was circa 2003) and some additonal revenue to FC (which may even make them pay more attention to AO)

A lot of people may claim from this post that I am a blind FC-fangirl, and I somewhat am - but someone needs to bring a little optimism over here.

(Optional reading, a rant: I've seen just too many negative-Nancys on the forums lately - the bitching and moaning of everyone here is NOT helping Funcom, and even more-so, is not helping AO . If you like AO and want it to continue staying online so you can keep playing, try to be a little bit more optimistic. When I first look at other MMOs and computer games to play, I don't look at reviews, official websites, and magazines. I look at the communities, and I know I am not the only one who does this. If I came onto these forums and saw the whining I see here, I would turn away from AO so quickly my eyes would spin in my head. This type of complaining though, isn't new to these forums, its been here as long as I remember, but the difference now is that it makes up a majority of the posts on the forum, since the forums user base is spartan at best, and let's be honest, forums are kind of a dying concept in general ("Grandma, can you tell me about these 'forums' my history book talks about?").

There is nothing wrong with criticism of Funcom, AO and the products your pay for - but to me it feels like every other post is a bunch of melodrama to the affect of "THE SHIP IS SINKING - WE ALL KNOW IT - BUT FC IS LYYYYIIINNNGGG TO US". The line between criticism and complaining is very thin. I'm not asking to blindly love every change FC makes to AO, some such as the speculation surrounding global research is very valid and true and needs to be addressed.

What I would like to plead of anyone who's had the patience to read this far is this: just remember that the devs working on AO are doing the best they can do. They answer to a game director, who in turn answers to an senior executive (who may be as unpleasant as your own bosses boss) who in turn answers to a CEO and a board of supervising directors who are in turn responsible to their shareholders. The devs sometimes have no control over the changes, and may dislike and hate them as much as you do, but they need to keep their jobs as long as they exist.

If you want to help Funcom, instead of lamenting so much, close your eyes and think back to that feeling you had the first couple hundred times you logged into AO. Then go tell a friend so they can experience that joy, post about AO on that popular forum you regular (there are afterall, millions of people who have never even heard of AO and FC who would love AO), hell - make a poster and post it at a local indy-game store or near a college campus' engineering or comp. sci department.

I'm off to go make and print some posters now so I can practice what I preach.

Thanks for reading this.)

Luna "Unluckful" Kerans
    220 || Shade

Meow. Meow. Meow.