Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Guard house update

I think guard house having benefits is fine. We also did a raid, and intentionally dragged the general over to the guard without any action on it's part, other than walking away. While it is not a guarentee of how it will end up live (remember that debacle called 18.5 anyone?) it usually is pretty close.

Maybe all this angst is much ado about nothing. Perhaps it would be better to actually test instead of assuming a problem exists where it apparently doesn't. I would like to hear from others who have actually tested to see if this apparent indeffernce by the guards is limited to small cities.

And I suppose if people are hard over about it. There is no requirement to put up a guard house. So yes, keep the guard house benefit. Those that want the benefit seem to have plenty of options to avoid any potention guard interference, assuming that is even a problem.
    Last edited by Deemure; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 22:46:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemure View Post
    I think guard house having benefits is fine. We also did a raid, and intentionally dragged the general over to the guard without any action on it's part, other than walking away. While it is not a guarentee of how it will end up live (remember that debacle called 18.5 anyone?) it usually is pretty close.

Maybe all this angst is much ado about nothing. Perhaps it would be better to actually test instead of assuming a problem exists where it apparently doesn't. I would like to hear from others who have actually tested to see if this apparent indeffernce by the guards is limited to small cities.

And I suppose if people are hard over about it. There is no requirement to put up a guard house. So yes, keep the guard house benefit. Those that want the benefit seem to have plenty of options to avoid any potention guard interference, assuming that is even a problem.
    I will try this later this evening and report back

Luna "Unluckful" Kerans
    220 || Shade

Meow. Meow. Meow.

I am saying that that my org used to have a Guard House because we wanted a complete city. It worked out fine really, the guard usually didn't attack. Until it did. Despite the crap damage of the guard, the general instantly rotted. Deleted guard house. It was ~1 year ago. The GM actually recommended deleting the guard house, saying the issue was not uncommon.

Another org I'm affiliated had the same problem later, too. I never saw a fix being mentioned in patch notes... So I am making an assumption that the problem does still exist. To those of you who are doing tests on test live, you rock. If the problem really has gone away, then great.

And I realize there are creative solutions players can use like killing the guards, rooting them away from the fight, placing the guard house away from wherever the aliens come from... But we shouldn't have to do these fixes in the first place. The fact of the matter is, all people who are making patronizing suggestions should be grateful for being alerted to the issue in the first place. I already know that I can kill/root/distance the guard, I'm raising the issue so that no one else has to learn the hard way by having generals rot. Now everyone who reads the issues could use the band-aid... But the issue (I assume) remains: guards attack generals, and generals insta-rot. So please fix it FC: either by putting the HD mod on a different building, or any other solution... Best of all would be eliminating the instant-rot factor... But I know better than to expect the best solution :P
    Last edited by Byste; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 23:48:54.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Yes the corpses rot if the guards get the last hit in, tested a few times now on test and i hate it.

Guards are a bit too friendly with aliens as well and heal them at times, witch causes the other guard(s) to start hitting on the guard that healed the aliens.
    They often suicide as well with some nuke for no reason, i guess they realize how useless they are and decide to take action.
    Useless npc, causing much more problems than they are worth.

Unfortunately i think it's us players that will have to fix it by putting the guardgouse in some dark corner of the big plot (since +19 healdelta is nice after all) and hope the guard will stay away, and/or pull them away before spawns.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jan 24th, 2013 at 00:33:42.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12