Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Guard house update

The Guard house update

Quote Originally Posted by Genele
    City advantages have been updated: Guard house will provide heal delta.
    NO.

Please don't give guard houses benefits, unless you've fixed them by deleting the guard. Everyone I know who has implemented a guard house has immediately regretted it as the guard decides to jump in AI raid defense, shoots your general a couple times, and when you finally kill the general it instantly rots.

I don't want a ****ing guard house until you fix this. So please don't put any beneficial mods on it.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

just kill the guards.

Huge bump, fc does not seem to know how to make AI work so delete them and save the players a lot of frustration.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Or you could just.. not use the guard house..? I mean how hard is this really?

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    Please don't give guard houses benefits, unless you've fixed them by deleting the guard. Everyone I know who has implemented a guard house has immediately regretted it as the guard decides to jump in AI raid defense, shoots your general a couple times, and when you finally kill the general it instantly rots.
    Byste: Did you have this problem if the Guardhouse was further away from the CC? Do the guards have a maximum patrolling range?

We did not see this, but then we only had Guardhouse on our first city that we lost to "market will be out soon" early on in AI. We didn't plant one on our final/current city.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerphazon View Post
    Or you could just.. not use the guard house..? I mean how hard is this really?
    So you feel that one should either lose the benefits from the guard house or get the benefits from the guard house but that will make your city unraidable ?

I mean, how hard is it really to understand that this is a problem ?

We have a guard house on our city, and we've never really had a problem with it.

The reason is because it's away from the controller. But, I could see how this could become a problem, when it would come to placing the city buildings. Also, if the plot size is too compact to really keep the guards away.

Ours is also an outdoor.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

It's so lovely to see these fans defending an obviously flawed feature. And they do it over and over again. It's almost become a religion for some.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    We have a guard house on our city, and we've never really had a problem with it.

The reason is because it's away from the controller. But, I could see how this could become a problem, when it would come to placing the city buildings. Also, if the plot size is too compact to really keep the guards away.

Ours is also an outdoor.
    The new large city would likely allow room to place it far enough away from the CC, but it will be difficult or maybe impossible to put it far enough away in the new small city. Unfortunately, the guardhouse is about the only beneficial building small enough to plant in a small city. Only ones I found small enough were Guradhouse, Gridhouse and Sauna. If you want a Sat Uplink too, then you have room for two of the three others.

I have not done a raid on TL to know if FC changed the aggro on these guards.

Kinnik

I've done a raid on TL in a large city with the guardhouse planted and QL300 guards spawned and on patrol. The guards in no way interfered with the raid, and I believe that in the large city at least, that the CC is sufficiently far enough from the rest of the city that unless you placed the guardhouse right on the closest spots to the cc, you'll rarely have a problem....if ever
    Last edited by Unluckful; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 19:07:40. Reason: gr4mm4rz

Luna "Unluckful" Kerans
    220 || Shade

Meow. Meow. Meow.

Fix the problem with rotting general, more like.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The guards behave like retards and that's what the problem is about.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=603477

We just did a raid on TL in a small city to Test the Guards behavior ... with the Guardhouse planted between the Sauna and Gridhouse across the "street" from the small HQ. So Guardhouse is not right next to CC, but not at furthest point either.

Aliens came in north of the CC ... we had some aliens warping, but pathing was not bad. We pulled some of the waves to the CC and the General all the way to CC with us standing south of the CC.

The guards ignored the whole event. So, it appears that the guards may have had their aggro list modified or else their visual range shortened. One raid is not a guarantee of course.

As a side note, the loot seemed to be similar to Live, one chunk on each Hacker, a weapon on one of the others, junk plus viral targetting, bio-defense shield, and viral bot on the General. We did a 20 - 30 level toons raid. We did not go up on the ship for this test.

Kinnik

I would make second version without guards... But still having benefits, atleast now you could get guards to be joke NPCs at level 1... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

A ground takes what? 30-40min, so make it so we can call/spawn a guard using the guard house and then he despawns after 45min.

Everyone making things so complicated...just have the guards despawn when the cloak is dropped and have the guards return when the cloak is raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Everyone making things so complicated...just have the guards despawn when the cloak is dropped and have the guards return when the cloak is raised.
    Random spawns would still be affected then :\
    Just kill off the guards, useless npc's anyway.

I think just calling the guard tower a "Watch tower," and turning off all the guards until any one of the million potential solutions appear would be nice.

It'd be a little less "Fun and interesting" than having the guards walk around just looking cool, but, at the same time people worrying about a rotting general isn't always nice either.

The problem I see with guards farming a city in the first place, is just that. If they actually are strong enough to kill a general, it could pretty much be turned into another way to idle farm a city with cloak off and some small amounts of CRU.

A real solution would be just for one guard tower on a city maximum, guards alone are not powerful enough to kill a general, and hand corpse over to highest damage organization member and his team. Otherwise, no guards at all honestly. Anything else would just create the possibility to let the guards farm your city for you, or have them stay completely useless.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 21:11:55.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Adding benefits to it was done so people would actually have one in their city now that there is a reason to have it and then it will increase the monlthly rent payment. Sneaky there FC - but OK, I am actually suprised that every building wasn't given some type of benefit for that very same reason.

Can we just have the guy sit on a chair at the door like most guards? Ya know, just have him wave as we run past.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

At the moment you can plant as many guardhouses as you have room for, with each one (all) adding to your monthly upkeep/rent, but only one will give City Benefits.

However, OP indicated they cause General to rot with no chance to loot it. So not likely good for farming.

I don't think we get random attacks with an instanced city, do we?

Why not just plant your Guardhouse away from CC?

Kinnik

edit: guards are the size/level/quality of the building.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast