Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Global Research - Reset

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Enjoyable watching people threatening to cancel their accounts if they are forced to do 20% of the swapping engineers do.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    As a fellow engineer, I concur.

But ugh, more swapping...
    +2

Too funny
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Enjoyable watching people threatening to cancel their accounts if they are forced to do 20% of the swapping engineers do.
    I already swap 5/6 items to buff my Keeper, so I'm glad I'm not an Engi who has to do it every 7 minutes...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

They threatening not about the "swaping" my Engi dont need it i can with Cmo buff everyving if i get a set if i would equip scout and get decent Symbs on dont know that your engis are .....
    But to do work and yes inf Missis are work not Fun again for something we already have done.
    You can change place with Sisyphos if you like that kind of Job

Right now on live, to cast all my top buffs (if one dares to call iVoN "top", rofl), I need to swap only 4 items on my adv every 80 minutes.
    One of those items is of course the nano VP hud item, because 75 nano skills in one item is nice.
    If that hud item would suddenly be unavailable, I would need 6 or 7. Not game breaking, but still more annoying than before.

And I wouldn't be looking forward to redo all the global research to enable all the huds, all the mechs and that stuff again.

Repeating that grind isn't "hardcore". It's not fun. And it's probably not good for your revenue in the long run.

But what I'm actually pissed off about in this context is that Funcom failed to make a clear statement regarding this issue in the last two days.

Vhab's comment "The reset is intentional." doesn't clarify anything.

Funcom, if you want to reset global research and have us redo it, then FFS tell us so.
    Likewise, if you don't intend to carry the reset over to "the new live", then tell us so.
    If you still need another 20 meetings to decide this matter, tell us so.

If you don't speak to us, the whole testserver thing is a farce.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Guess what, I am not going to go out and farm extra nano buffing items just to be able to do what I do already. In some cases I already use everything available. Those toons will be unplayable till research is done. Why would I want to pay for unplayable toons?

And for the usual fanbois/trolls I would like to quote Eric Cartman. But I can't. I can tell you it would involve balls and sucking.

to cast my top dodge buff without blue hud i'd have to swap phulaks... every 25 minutes. yeah lemme tell you. i'd rather spend the 30 euros a month i use for my subs on beer instead than go through with that.

I might repeat myself, but... "I like".
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I find it remarkable that the Global Research issue is basically the only one not being commented on by a dev so far (ignoring Vhab's ominous "its intended" remark)...

So are you all going to quit when rebalance hits everyone with a huge nerfbat? Because "now we're no longer as powerful"?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

If it's confirmed, it's just a stupid move.

Hmm, i was hoping the merge would give regain of activity.
    But by "activity" i certainly didn't imagine the whole server grinding Inferno Mish with their 220 for months, trying to redo what was done when playerbase was triple (or more?) it is today.
    Some will try, some won't and just play lowbies, performers will do it till they're burned out, because they're performers. I don't think a lot of veteran just play as usual, ignoring LE content, knowing their toon could be stronger. I mean just as strong as they were before merge. Others will do it just to not let friends down and be burned even sooner :P

Swap item, char redesign is a bit out of the question, the real question is : is grinding the main goal of the game, just for the sake of it, or is grinding just a way to reach a level of performance and fun and play wider objectives (raids, pvp). I tend to think it's a way rather than a goal, and i also think everyone here already got more than his share of grinding in 11 years. When we need more grind, we just reroll.
    FC future is uncertain, AO future aswell, merge is probably the last munitions FC have (new engine is more than uncertain, and would only give short-term boost if content doesn't move fast enough) and we might be playing the last days of AO.
    Do we really want to play them running mindlessly in a box in inferno with our best engame toon? And will that convince anyone out to come back?
    Last edited by Idahoh; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:57:42.
    Idahoh - Adventurer

Synergy Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So are you all going to quit when rebalance hits everyone with a huge nerfbat? Because "now we're no longer as powerful"?
    I am certain alot of ppl will, knowing how bat **** crazy some of the stuff that has been presented is.

Making ppl redo all global research for, what reason again? Is just further evidence that those who make decisions might not be perfectly in touch with what the playerbase wants. To put it mildly.

It's all part of the Rebalancing, gais! Us engis complained that out of all the profs, we had to swap the most stuff, the most frequently to get anything useful done. Now FC is ensuring it's fairly and equally done across all professions so we're no longer alone!

But yeah whilst my engie main will need another 1 or 2 swaps on top of the usual - hardly noticable - I have a fistful of twinks and alts that will be utterly broken. Aaaaaand let's not forget when the systems rebalance (or whatever it's called these days) eventually comes along they will all be broken again! Hardly worth the bother to rebuild and retwink all of them now. I'll just continue to play other games.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I am certain alot of ppl will, knowing how bat **** crazy some of the stuff that has been presented is.

Making ppl redo all global research for, what reason again? Is just further evidence that those who make decisions might not be perfectly in touch with what the playerbase wants. To put it mildly.
    How is it more crazy than what we have?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Here's a suggestion: As there appears to be a minority of people wanting to grind again, let's make it so that after merge, you are prompted to decide wheter you want the LE huds to require research done or not. Those that want to do the grind again click "I'm grinder" and can happily do Inf mishes for some months. Rest of us click "I'd like my chars to still work" and get the toons as-they-were, intact and ready for use again.

@ppl suggesting using swaps etc: You do realize it's not an option in many cases. For example my TL5s are *already* using all possible swaps (yes, the hud too!) to buff up. No, I cannot swap most of my armors - good luck equipping CC/CSS set on-the-fly. With hud gone, what an earth do you expect me to swap. Pocket trader?

The issue is first and foremost being forced to regrind extremely boring content. Has there been any offical response explaing to what purpose we are forced to do this?

I'm sorry but forcing already "complete" toons to go grind just for the heck of it, makes no sense.
    We made these toons so that we otherwise could engage in activities that are fun, and fun here is a relative term related to each person.

I did not put all this effort into my toons just so I could be forced to relive an old nightmare.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Here's a suggestion: As there appears to be a minority of people wanting to grind again, let's make it so that after merge, you are prompted to decide wheter you want the LE huds to require research done or not. Those that want to do the grind again click "I'm grinder" and can happily do Inf mishes for some months. Rest of us click "I'd like my chars to still work" and get the toons as-they-were, intact and ready for use again.

@ppl suggesting using swaps etc: You do realize it's not an option in many cases. For example my TL5s are *already* using all possible swaps (yes, the hud too!) to buff up. No, I cannot swap most of my armors - good luck equipping CC/CSS set on-the-fly. With hud gone, what an earth do you expect me to swap. Pocket trader?
    Who actually wants it?
    The Red Brotherhood

The silence continues I don't like the lack of info. A very bad omen.

Someone said FC is going to introduce more levels of global research and possibly more stuff to do to gain GR.
    So it kind of renders this whole discussion obsolete, as we actually don't know jack about what's going to happen.

I'd guess that if GR is reseting, attunement devices will have their requirements looked at.
    Knowing FC, it's more than likely we won't see anything on live as it is in test.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 14:45:04.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Who actually wants it?
    Psikie was practically jizzing himself in excitement over the thought of more inf grind

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    Someone said FC is going to introduce more levels of global research and possibly more stuff to do to gain GR.
    So it kind of renders this whole discussion obsolete, as we actually don't know jack about what's going to happen.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    someone said FC is going to introduce more levels of global research and possibly more stuff to do to gain GR.
    so it kind of renders this whole discussion obsolete as we actually don't know jack about whats going to happen.
    Somene who knew someone that heard someone say that someone from FunCom might have said something.
    To what intent FunCom are doing this is specualtion, because we've had no offical explenation. Until that happens the discussion around the subject is highly relevant.

Its not like the issues mentioned in this thread become irrelevant or obsolete just because FunCom decides to add new GR.
    Research reset is still a reset, it still mean we have to regrind this utterly boring concept. The only way I can see another grind work is if new GR, is added as an addon to the reserach we already have.

"Hey we deleted all your work, you'll have to do it all again! Oh and here is a carrot, more work"
    Last edited by Alternity; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 14:46:36.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast