Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Global Research - Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    Inside info: They are resetting the Global Research, but they will add new ones that we can have fun grinding!
    haha yeah, "fun"

Hopefully what they're ACTUALLY doing is just removing global research entirely, as well as the requirements on items and vehicles.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    Inside info: They are resetting the Global Research, but they will add new ones that we can have fun grinding! - the one we got now will just simply dissapear and so will the requirements that they need! :---)
    Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    haha yeah, "fun"

Hopefully what they're ACTUALLY doing is just removing global research entirely, as well as the requirements on items and vehicles.
    If they remove the requirements like the TS HUD, that's cool.

If there is new research and it is actually useful, it could open up more possibilities. Just hopefully not just a simple "oh here's a bunch of level 4 researches for existing research items".

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmore1 View Post
    Why should this Time Global research be effectet ? As DNW was shut down and we had to Migrate to RK1 and 2 there was no change or effect to Mechs or Hud they should it different this time ?
    because its totally different scenario.
    dnw was not migrated to anywhere, players were just moved to existing systems where previous players had grinded all GR-xp.
    rk1 and rk2 are both going to a new system that nobody has played before. where nobody has grinded xp into global research.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 14:08:20.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    If there is new research and it is actually useful, it could open up more possibilities. Just hopefully not just a simple "oh here's a bunch of level 4 researches for existing research items".
    its a test server, lets test this so we wont need to guess
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I really, really hope this isn't what it sounds like. Wiping out the hard work of a huge number of veterans is not a good move at all.

i think the people who are happy about global research being reset should have their mains reset.

it would be so hawt.. all those +100 evade huds removed from game... and no more AMS5 soldiers.. and oh think of possibilities. MAybe this is the big rebalance they promised!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I'm not saying it's great, but for every 10 people on forums that don't like research reset as a "possibility" for live server there are probably 100 people that it will benefit team wise. Think about this, server merge, and AO on steam etc might be a gamble to bring in new players and increase population. What's the new population going to do if they can't get teams to level with? Maybe it's a way to make new players invested even at the cost of upsetting a few vets. Those that quit the game because of research reset or are really upset would probably quit anyway after rebalance if their toons gets nerfed or still be really upset. It's kinda like triage. Gain 90 loyal customers at cost of 10 disgruntled. Not saying that's gonna happen but it is a easily plausible school of thought from an accounting and business stand point.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

i'm glad you're signing up to redo global resarch. let me know when you're done so i can resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i'm glad you're signing up to redo global resarch. let me know when you're done so i can resub.
    Haha was just a "possible" perspective. Side note I don't mind doing inf missions with org mates leveling on alts. Sorry if research is such a sore spot for you Lazy but it doesn't really faze me much. There are bigger things in life to worry about than a "possible" 10yr+ old game change.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I wonder if people that are ok with global research being reset would also feel it justified if our 220/30/70 characters were altogether wiped and we had to start over from scratch?

Whether the time is spent leveling from 1 to 220 or its spent releveling global research it is still time spent repeating content that we've already done/accomplished. I would no more want to redo the effort I put into global research than I'd want to have to redo any of the xp/sk/axp I've already done on finished toons.

I don't feel this is selfish, small-minded or even unreasonable. My /played time in AO is beyond ridiculous and I don't regret the time I spent playing the game and progressing through it. What I do mind is the concept that somehow I, as a player, will have to be unnecessarily penalized because of a server merge/migration to a new server. I understand the rationale behind having to reset the tower sites, I get that they had to do something different with the cities, I understand the inconvenience associated with org ranks being wiped and unfortunately I get that all of my backpack names and time spent organizing inventory on 6 full accounts will have to be redone or micromanaged (via player made solutions I guess). Resetting global, I don't get at all.

If Funcom has a good reason to do it, I'd like to hear it and think the time/effort that many of us spent doing global research makes it reasonable to ask that they provide a reasonable answer to the question.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

A simple answer at this point from FC is all that is needed. The community has had a few days to check out TESTLIVE, see some things they like/dislike and comment back on forums.

At this point, it would be quite easy to make a list of the issues - and to give some simple responses. Yes, No, Still in Discussion, Was our intent but reevaluating/Oh crap, didn't realize that/It's broken, we are fixing/Yep, is what we are intending/etc.

Most of the threads have now dipped into the attack/defend model which they are famous for - so FC, can we just get some basic questsions answered?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"I'm not saying it's great, but for every 10 people on forums that don't like research reset as a "possibility" for live server there are probably 100 people that it will benefit team wise."
    Nope they will not ,if Research must be done again as others have already pointed out ,most Veterans if they realy do it ,will do it in Teams of 220/70 chars so every SK goes in the research not in teams with low chars who are still lvling and doing there Personal Researchs
    Its Possible that are then even lesser 220 chars for"normal" inf Missis then bevor
    I Remember me on the time on DNW with Teams of 220 Chars lvling all ther Research in the same line to get i done ,no low or mid lvl Char in the Team.
    Last edited by Hawksmore1; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 20:01:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmore1 View Post
    Nope they will not ,if Research must be done again as others have already pointed out ,most Veterans if they realy do it ,will do it in Teams of 220/70 chars so every SK goes in the research not in teams with low chars who are still lvling and doing there Personal Researchs
    Its Possible that are then even lesser 220 chars for"normal" inf Missis then bevor
    You may be right, but not eveyone has a bunch of 220 friends. I'm sure there are folks who have a TL 7 that and would do research just fine with tl 6's also. This is all hypothetical anyway truth be told. None of us can say that research is going to be reset or not. I am only thinking out loud of reasons why it might be "possible" from a game dev stand point.

Would it suck? Yea. Is it possible? Yes. Would the majority of players keep playing anyway, I think so. If not, then those players were looking for another reason to quit anyway.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I wonder if people that are ok with global research being reset would also feel it justified if our 220/30/70 characters were altogether wiped and we had to start over from scratch?

Whether the time is spent leveling from 1 to 220 or its spent releveling global research it is still time spent repeating content that we've already done/accomplished. I would no more want to redo the effort I put into global research than I'd want to have to redo any of the xp/sk/axp I've already done on finished toons.

I don't feel this is selfish, small-minded or even unreasonable. My /played time in AO is beyond ridiculous and I don't regret the time I spent playing the game and progressing through it. What I do mind is the concept that somehow I, as a player, will have to be unnecessarily penalized because of a server merge/migration to a new server. I understand the rationale behind having to reset the tower sites, I get that they had to do something different with the cities, I understand the inconvenience associated with org ranks being wiped and unfortunately I get that all of my backpack names and time spent organizing inventory on 6 full accounts will have to be redone or micromanaged (via player made solutions I guess). Resetting global, I don't get at all.

If Funcom has a good reason to do it, I'd like to hear it and think the time/effort that many of us spent doing global research makes it reasonable to ask that they provide a reasonable answer to the question.
    I actually wouldnt mind a character wipe. Would be fun to start fresh, mind you with the knowledge of 10+ years playing the game. FFS people its a damn game, a hobby at that for me. if your that attached to fake stuff you got bigger issues. I play the game because its enjoyable, it has more depth than any MMO out there except maybe Eve and its not populated by a bunch of 10 year olds. I make new friends every day in this game. Old players leave and while it sucks I move on. Nothing should remain static it should always change and expand.
    ill put plenty of XP/SK into any new/old global research because its part of the game that i play.
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    You may be right, but not eveyone has a bunch of 220 friends. I'm sure there are folks who have a TL 7 that and would do research just fine with tl 6's also. This is all hypothetical anyway truth be told. None of us can say that research is going to be reset or not. I am only thinking out loud of reasons why it might be "possible" from a game dev stand point.

Would it suck? Yea. Is it possible? Yes. Would the majority of players keep playing anyway, I think so. If not, then those players were looking for another reason to quit anyway.
    Speaking for myself only, I'm really, truly, not looking for a reason to ditch AO.

I won't if they make this change, either, but egad would it be tough to swallow.

HE-MAN has his thoughts

I can't but help feeling that this is an elaborate ruse to get 220s back into inf missions, anticipating them impending "surge" of new players.
    Is Anarchy Online really in an position where FunCom can afford agitating veterans further?

How anyone can see this as a good concept is beyond me, it is beyond crazy and then some. People wake up, this is not the "content" you are looking for.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    How anyone can see this as a good concept is beyond me, it is beyond crazy and then some. People wake up, this is not the "content" you are looking for.
    Yup. ALOT of ppl rely on the nano huds for buffing. Disabling all those toons from BS is going to mean many canceled accounts for sure.

Enjoyable watching people threatening to cancel their accounts if they are forced to do 20% of the swapping engineers do.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Enjoyable watching people threatening to cancel their accounts if they are forced to do 20% of the swapping engineers do.
    As a fellow engineer, I concur.

But ugh, more swapping...
    Because Race Yalm

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast