Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Global Research - Reset

RP Justification: New Rubi-Ka & Shadowlands that has never been previously explored and researched ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

But it's identical to the last one.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

If are new Globalresearchs coming Fine i could support that.
    But if FC only resets the Old Researchs to FORCE old Player to do Inf Missis so that new Players get a Team thats utter BS.
    I did the Research at the Time it thas Implemented i didnt liked it then ,because inf Missis are Crap. You do them because you need, but they are Ugkly Dark and no Fun.
    I wont do that again for something i have already worked for.

I second that. IF they are resetting GResearch, then please also come up with something else than Inf missions. They are outright depressing and annoying. I figure if people are being forced to run those, they'd rather choose the easy way out, quite literally. I don't think FC would do themselves a favor there.

But then again, I wonder where the whole "GR will be reset" notion comes from. It's reset on TestLive, but who says that's gonna go live like that?

good lord your on the verge of collapse as a company and you want people to refarm this crap..... My god outside of a code issue this is.. Why can't you learn from past mistakes fc?

Another prime example of trying to artificially extend playtime without actual new content. Knowing Funcom, I'm willing to bet there is a cash shop item associated with this, for just $200 you can equip global research HUDs right away and not break your toons, etc. No no no it's not pay2win, cuz everyone can just do global research for a year and then it's fair, teehee. Just a convenience item, not pay2win, really. We worked real hard on this new content.

This is a horrible idea to do with the live server. I don't play on RK2 but I'm hoping they have finished the Global there as well. So what is the point? Aside from making a bunch of 220/30/70's do dailies and grind Inf again without really getting anything in return.

FC, if you're going to do it at least dangle a carrot in front of us so we don't really feel like our time is being wasted.

sounds epic.. finaly something my 220/30/70 can do again. Makes all those endgame chars have purpose again. Just give SK to RK mobs aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I say we all take it slowly until FC actually acknowledges that they will do the same to love when it comes to the merge.

But yes, it will be a very bad move unless they plan to extend it by adding more perks. Still, it will affect almost all players.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I can't even find a valid reason for the reset. There's nothing in the story line that would make it a logical move, well, except they pull something out of their sleeves all of a sudden ("ooops, we have to find a reason for it").
    Went through that all already when it came out, and I'm seriously considering not to resub my 2 accounts... one due in 2 days, constantly played since 2003, one due in March...
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylia View Post
    I can't even find a valid reason for the reset. There's nothing in the story line that would make it a logical move, well, except they pull something out of their sleeves all of a sudden ("ooops, we have to find a reason for it").
    Went through that all already when it came out, and I'm seriously considering not to resub my 2 accounts... one due in 2 days, constantly played since 2003, one due in March...
    Chill, really.

Global is mostly likely currently broken on test. As in it doesn't work to dump XP/SK in it.

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Sounds like a perfect reason to cancel subs and take a break from AO until the same research has been done over again.

You guys do realize that not having the nano hud flat out removes a large portion of toons from bs that just can't buff without it, don't you?

I count 15 subscription accounts that will remain frozen from my small main org...

People get butthurt over global research, then tell me to get over my problem in the same breath.

This is just priceless.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post
    People get butthurt over global research, then tell me to get over my problem in the same breath.

This is just priceless.
    people emoing over research were never told when they started doing research that it will get wiped. you were explicitly told when you rolled a toon on the test server that it will be deleted.

also, we don't have auto on live. how long will it take you to recreate those toons? all of 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post

This is just priceless.
    In no way comparable. The risks of them wiping testlive is made pretty clear when you duplicated/signedup.

Under no way were we given the impression that merge would include a global research wipe. In my opinion they can just stop the merge right now instead of this. It'd be faster for one server to just reroll a few of their toons to the other people's servers.
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Jan 21st, 2013 at 20:43:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    people emoing over research were never told when they started doing research that it will get wiped. you were explicitly told when you rolled a toon on the test server that it will be deleted.

also, we don't have auto on live. how long will it take you to recreate those toons? all of 15 minutes?
    Plus, we still don't know whether FC will reset on Live once the merge is done as well as no Auto being available on Live

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Plus, we still don't know whether FC will reset on Live once the merge is done as well as no Auto being available on Live
    Yes it is true, we can only make assumptions. But the few words we have gotten and simple analysis has made quite a few assume FC's intentions are to reset Global research on the new live server. Cause like they've told us quite a few times, this isn't a merge, it's a migration. Im sure that's in their storyline.

Pretty sure we won't see Auto on live tho, but at this point who knows! Maybe 400 $$ can make auto spawn for u for 5 minutes where only u can use it, much like the "portable" market terminal.
    Last edited by Pennypacker; Jan 21st, 2013 at 20:47:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    In no way comparable. The risks of them wiping testlive is made pretty clear when you duplicated/signedup.

Under no way were we given the impression that merge would include a global research wipe. In my opinion they can just stop the merge right now instead of this. It'd be faster for one server to just reroll a few of their toons to the other people's servers.
    I second the motion. it would take years now just to regain lost ground. Even a merged population it will take at least 2 years to get this done again. If its a code issue I could understand but to reset it for no good reason when the game is already hanging by a thread. Sounds more like fc wants ao to put out of its misery once and for all.

Folks, how about everyone stops getting their pants in a twist about this for now?
    They've reset Global Research on the first TestLive iteration. So what. Perhaps it interfered with proper tests on their migration scripts? I'm no dev, i lack the insight, but at this point it's pretty useless to start speculating and hyperventilating about something that just so happened a few days ago on the first public merge run...

Seriously, people, log on to TestLive, check your char integrity (that is Items in bank and inv), report bugs you find, play with Auto a bit, and stop complaining for now. Until we have a solid confirmation that they will reset Global Research on Live with 18.6 it's pointless to waste time on the topic.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast